WJC: 1 Player whose Stock has Risen, and 1 Whose Stock has Fallen

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
Up - Jack Campbell. I have watched a few games that U.S.A has played this year, and I have been impressed by the way he is playing. I hadn't even heard about him before this tournament.

HM: Jerry D'Mingo, Brendan McMillian, Nazim Kadri Adam Larson, and to state the obvious, Taylor Hall

Down - Josef Tatar . I had heard great things about Tatar before the tournament started. I have watched two Czech games, and I have to say, I was very unimpressed. I barely noticed him on the ice at some points.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Up - Jack Campbell. I have watched a few games that U.S.A has played this year, and I have been impressed by the way he is playing. I hadn't even heard about him before this tournament.

HM: Jerry D'Mingo, Brendan McMillian, Nazim Kadri Adam Larson, and to state the obvious, Taylor Hall

Down - Josef Tatar . I had heard great things about Tatar before the tournament started. I have watched two Czech games, and I have to say, I was very unimpressed. I barely noticed him on the ice at some points.
:laugh: his definetely went down

teurasjate

Jan 19, 2009

You mean Tomas Tatar from Slovakia?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Derek Stepan and Danny Kristo have gone up for me. Toni Rajala and Jordan Schroeder has definitely fallen for me.

captaincheat

Sep 13, 2005
Regina, Sask., Can.
I have been really impressed with Burmistrov. Tarasenko will be moving past Kabanov as the top Russian pick PDQ IMO.
NIEDERREITER Nino ( I had to copy and paste that one :) has been really impressive as well.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
I have been really impressed with Burmistrov. Tarasenko will be moving past Kabanov as the top Russian pick PDQ IMO.
NIEDERREITER Nino ( I had to copy and paste that one :) has been really impressive as well.

Kabanov is playing in NA, I doubt his stock will go below Tarasenko's.

russmatuss

Feb 10, 2008
Liverpool, England
I'd agree that Kadri's stock definitely hasn't risen. I was expecting more out of him than what I've seen so far but he's been getting better game by game IMO. I've only seen one USA game but if Campbell's played like that every game then his stock's definitely risen, same with D'Amigo and Stepan, the latter of whom I'd not heard of before the tournament.

Alfredsson11

Nov 11, 2008
I don't think Kadri's stock has risen.

To me he has terrible puck management.

on the PP he seems to take shots at bad times.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Andre Petersson...wow. I'm really impressed. I think his stock is soaring right now. Gabriel Bourque also belongs here. And I've been really impressed with Martin Bakos of Slovakia. D'Amigo, Kuznetsov, Kristo and Stepan round out those on this list for me.

Down? I don't know if it's fair but maybe Michael Lee. Cormier is also a good mention here, I feel. I don't know it's hard to knock kids this young down, really.

Hall for me was always Numero Uno so it's more cementing his place.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
UP:

That dude from the slovaks that hits everything in sight. Hlushko? Or something like that?

Eberles stock was already high but he has been clutch in two tournaments in a row.

Markstrom looks very strong for the Swedes. A big goalie that makes himself look big in the net.

Down:

Ellis, he was nothing short of horrendous defensively in the game last night. No complaints about his offense but if he plays defense like that he'll be another marc andre bergeron in the nhl.

Kyo

Oct 12, 2008
Mississauga, ON.
UP:

That dude from the slovaks that hits everything in sight. Hlushko? Or something like that?

Eberles stock was already high but he has been clutch in two tournaments in a row.

Markstrom looks very strong for the Swedes. A big goalie that makes himself look big in the net.

Down:

Ellis, he was nothing short of horrendous defensively in the game last night. No complaints about his offense but if he plays defense like that he'll be another marc andre bergeron in the nhl.

Hrasko I believe. I couldn't even find him on hockeydb lol.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Bobkov has been amazing in 2 games i've seen.
HM: Sami Vatanen

Toni Rajala is the biggest disappointment for me so far... Him and Hartikainen are not making it easy for Granlund, who's also been playing worse than i thought.

Saved*

Ryan Ellis' stock has definitely dropped

Kadri has been an idiot on the ice. What the hell does Burke see in him? I see a flashy forward with little finish.

Taylor Hall looks dangerous.

Eberle clutch.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007

Kadri has been an idiot on the ice. What the hell does Burke see in him? I see a flashy forward with little finish.

Eberle clutch.

The other question is what did he see in Brayden Schenn?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure that it's worth it to do that now since there's a whole lot of games when it could go either way. But to try to answer it now and without being too homer..(Kristo)....I'll say

Up: Stepan (big time), Niederreiter, D'Amigo, Adam, Vatanen, Warsofsky, Bobkov, Kuznetsov, Markstrom (knew he was good, but that good....wasn't convinced)

Down: Ellis (big time) His defensive weaknesses were way more apparent than what the "supposed" weaknesses of Subban last year. Still, we don't hear about them too much, but it doesn't meant that it's not there. Other players that went a little down for me were in fact Michael Lee who I thought the world of at the draft, and still think he'll do well, but I expected more. Others were also Schroeder, Cormier, Carlson (was expecting more), Nemisz, Sbisa, Rundblad.

All the others, for me, aren't down or up 'cause I expected them to do and be where they are. I have Hall as my #1 pick, so he did great and secured his #1 spot. Can't go up. Same for Eberle who after last year was expected to be the top player for Canada. Same for MSP. There's obviously a lot more players who that WJC won't affect anything as far as their rankings are concerned, drafted or not drafted.

leafsfan2

Jan 4, 2007
Markham,ON

Eberle clutch.

Ya dump on Kadri but who cares if taylor hall tries to dyke 6 players and play all by himself. Kadri isn't playing amazing in a sense that he isn't dominating the tournament but was is easily on of the better forwards against the USA and he was the only Canadian forward on the ice that was consistently winning the face offs. On the PP he was very dangerous with the one timer but probably should be more aggressive and attack the net. he is used in the 2nd unit PK and Top PP unit (Coaches seem high on him) and scored a beauty of a goal on the shootout. Trust me the biggest reason people are hating on Kadri is because he is a prospect of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Risen - Brandon MacMillan

Unreal wheels. Smart with the puck. Use's his body effectively along the boards and in the corners. Shows nice touch around the net. Plays hard every shift. Can play 2 positions well. Seems to be a heady player. Has prolly been Canada's most consistant player outside of Eberle.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Up: Kozun, Rodin, Lander
Down: Jordan Schroeder

I couldn't think any higher of him but OEL has been nothing but impressive. Love his hand skills, skating and smarts.

leafsfan2

Jan 4, 2007
Markham,ON
Risen - Brandon MacMillan

Unreal wheels. Smart with the puck. Use's his body effectively along the boards and in the corners. Shows nice touch around the net. Plays hard every shift. Can play 2 positions well. Seems to be a heady player. Has prolly been Canada's most consistant player outside of Eberle.

guy played well and is very versatile, I am very impressed. He was the key in the comeback against usa particularly when they moved him to D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad