GDT: #1|NJD's@Pen's|Wicked Puppets Trying To Break The Silence|10/3-7:00PM(CEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
A goal for Adams, a shutout for Fleury and a downright respectable game from Glass.

We're obviously all idiots, guys.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He had one bad play in the third, and took a penalty on Henrique on a breakaway. He was definitely solid outside of that.

The fan base moved on from Niskanen in the off-season when it was all-but-guaranteed that he'd be traded and the fact that he's still here has made for some really ill-placed hatred.

You'd think Niskanen, overnight, went from a solid #5 defenseman to a Melichar/Moran/Jonsson hybrid pariah. He's still the same defenseman...but he wasn't expected to be here and there's a new toy in town for everyone to heap way too much praise on, so what else is new?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
MAF looked solid, nice way to start the season, not worried about anything as of yet, it is the first game after all.

Can't completely write off MAF until the post season starts and the last 4yrs are repeated. Then the writing is on the wall.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yeah nothing is written in stone with this team until the playoffs anyway. That's just this teams cross to bear.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
The fan base moved on from Niskanen in the off-season when it was all-but-guaranteed that he'd be traded and the fact that he's still here has made for some really ill-placed hatred.

You'd think Niskanen, overnight, went from a solid #5 defenseman to a Melichar/Moran/Jonsson hybrid pariah. He's still the same defenseman...but he wasn't expected to be here and there's a new toy in town for everyone to heap way too much praise on, so what else is new?

Well said.

Niskanen's still a solid player. Has his bad games but which bottom pairing guy doesn't? And he has his good games where you think he can slide in to the top 4 no problem.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
RT @DarthVitale That Twitter thing is going to get annoying fast! #Bob'sBoothTweets

If I want a God-damned stock ticker distracting me as it runs across my screen I'll watch Bloomberg network.

Like I give two craps what a bunch of teenagers and cell phone junkies think about MAF's game. :laugh:

Anyway he played great. Glad for him. Keep it up, Flower!

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I thought Kunitz looked awful tonight, but he wasn't very good to start last year either. Fleury stood on his head in the 3rd. Players getting sticks in the proper lanes, something I haven't seen in DB's tenure. I think Jacques Martin is going to be huge for the team this year. Good start to the season.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I just want Fleury to somehow figure out how to keep this sort of composure in the playoffs.

He's been his own worst enemy in the playoffs, but if we continue playing in our own end how we did tonight, then it'll certainly help him.

Hopefully Maatta gets some more games, he could really help our team this year. And at a fraction of Nisky's caphit.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Exactly the outcome i expected. **** you haters.

Has anyone ever argued that the Pens are not a great regular season team?

How does winning in the regular season '****' the 'haters'? It is about what would be expected, even for those of us who expect the Pens to be golfing by the end of April or first week of May.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I was confused as hell with how many people suddenly thought Despres was ready to be a guy that can play regular minutes, I was never convinced and felt he needed time in the AHL to play big minutes and in all situations, Niskanen is a guy that can play big minutes and is more reliable than we give him credit for.

I liked what I saw out of him tonight, he didn't look that out of place with Scuds.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's been his own worst enemy in the playoffs, but if we continue playing in our own end how we did tonight, then it'll certainly help him.

Hopefully Maatta gets some more games, he could really help our team this year. And at a fraction of Nisky's caphit.

I don't think you need to move Niskanen to accomplish this, him helping the team out. If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing Niskanen rotate with Bortuzzo with Maatta and maybe sit him every now and then as well so as not to overwhelm the kid. The odd man out here and it's the guy I saw as the odd man out since the playoffs last year, is Engelland. While I like that he can fight and play regularly, he's dropped down the depth chart and is behind Bortz now. Only a matter of time until he's the first trade by Shero this season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Has anyone ever argued that the Pens are not a great regular season team?

How does winning in the regular season '****' the 'haters'? It is about what would be expected, even for those of us who expect the Pens to be golfing by the end of April or first week of May.

Your sarcasm detector has been broken for a few days home slice. Time to take 'er into the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad