GDT: #1|NJD's@Pen's|Wicked Puppets Trying To Break The Silence|10/3-7:00PM(CEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
He had one bad play in the third, and took a penalty on Henrique on a breakaway. He was definitely solid outside of that.

If you say so. THat sequence we just watched where Flower had to make 4 consecutive saves all came on Niskanen's side of the crease. He was being schooled completely.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Maatta > Nisky

And, nobody better feed me the Nisky plays more ****. Nisky has had his candy *** protected by Scuds all night. That's like getting graded on a curve.

Maatta is certainly better than Despres in his own end from what I've seen. Kids the real deal.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I doubt it will last but Fleury was really strong today. Seemed much more focused on the puck and less jittery. Credit where credit is due.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Great games from Glass and Fleury. I never thought I would write that without an ocean of sarcasm implied.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Maatta is certainly better than Despres in his own end from what I've seen. Kids the real deal.

No holes.

Loved Borts too.

And, yes, I get the 'Nisky experienced and plays more' thing. But, Nisky had Scuds covering for him tonight. And, that late period flurry reminded me of why I hate Nisky sometimes . . . the other team gets desperate, amps things up, sustains pressure, and Nisky turns into a chicken with his head chopped off trying to follow the play and cover.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Niskanen was fantastic tonight. I don't think you are looking objectively at it at all.

Agreed. Bad luck on a puck hitting Dupuis in the shins so perfectly it bounced out to the neutral zone for a breakaway.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
No holes.

Loved Borts too.

And, yes, I get the 'Nisky experienced and plays more' thing. But, Nisky had Scuds covering for him tonight. And, that late period flurry reminded me of why I hate Nisky sometimes . . . the other team gets desperate, amps things up, sustains pressure, and Nisky turns into a chicken with his head chopped off trying to follow the play and cover.

But apparently he was "fantastic" tonight...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
good game. I am OK with that version of Glass playing for this team. Vitale is still better imo, but it was acceptable.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Good win overall. Team looked kinda wonky without Neal, but they held it together very well. The defense and Fleury looked fantastic - I was impressed by Maatta's poise, especially.

Kobasew fits on the third line like a glove, and once Bennett becomes a more permanent fixture there, I think he'll elevate that line to be a legitimate scoring threat the way Staal used to do.

No complaints at all about this game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Whatever you think about his place on this team, you've gotta feel good for MAF right now.

I have to admit. He didn't look good in the pre-season but things were tightened up defensively and Fleury played robotic like in terms of his positioning.

That has mostly been his problem. He'd waste all of his energy flipping, flopping, and turning to see a puck and throw his positioning right out the window.

Tonight all of his energy was where it should be: positioning, head on a swivel for pucks behind him, fighting to find pucks.

Really hope he continues to put in efforts like tonight.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Nice one Flower! Some really outstanding saves in the 3rd :)

Oh Crosby. Your 666th goal had to be against the Devils.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Would be noteworthy if it was the Flyers.. or a team that has had the Pens number. The inept Devils offense just isn't worthy of any respect.

Dan definitely had them put on the brakes after the first period. Huge change in tempo. Might be a good change in the long run, but far less entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad