Post-Game Talk: #1| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 16th | 12:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
It's 5:36pm on Sunday night here in Korea and I'm at work preparing my lessons now so I can stay up late and watch the game (1am start time here) and come to work late tomorrow. Actually, i'll be able to watch 3 of the first 4 live as Wednesday is a holiday here (Buddha's Bday) and game 4 is a Sunday morning for me. It's only Game 3 I'll have to watch on replay.

Been nervous all day and couldn't sit through a day of work not knowing the outcome. LGI!

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Not to confident about this series. 3-1 penguins with Sid getting the EN goal to put salt on the wounds.

that would be pretty impressive though since i think we are going to watch Cindy throw himself on the ice all game for 7 games. LGI

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
And so it begins. Not saying that if we lose a hard fought close one today that we do not still have a chance, but I think that by the end of the game today we will all know deep down inside whether this team has a possible run in them again. I have been waiting for this day after weeks of watching the team go through the motions. If they come out looking like the Isles from the bubble and the first half of this season, I will regain all hope, probably even in a tight evenly matched loss. But if they come out like they have most of the past few weeks and lose 3-0, 4-1, something like that, I think we all know there is very little chance that they are still gonna turn it around.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Barzal can make up for his third lackluster season in a row. If he doesn’t, there are no more excuses for him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Second Season begins in 2 hours. Everyone has the same record (except the Caps who cheesed out a win yesterday).

This is the 1st step in a 16 step journey. Let's enjoy the ride.

Reactions: JoeM

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Interesting that Sid leads the Pens with Goals and SOG and has 25 more shots on net than Barzal. Begs the question , were there 25 opportunities to put the puck on net where Barzal chose to pass it into traffic, hold onto it and keep skating or do something else with it?

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
This series boils down to which version of the Isles shows up, period. When we're on our game, we can shut anyone down and get just enough scoring to eke out the win. Here's hoping the boys are focused and hungry. Can't wait for puck drop!!

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Interesting that Sid leads the Pens with Goals and SOG and has 25 more shots on net than Barzal. Begs the question , were there 25 opportunities to put the puck on net where Barzal chose to pass it into traffic, hold onto it and keep skating or do something else with it?
I don’t know, but the one game Trotz benched him the team took a season high number of SOGs

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm not much on the fancy stats, but I saw that the PIT blogger on HB pointed out that the Pens had a really high save % and shooting % versus the Isles this year. That could be good for us if it was luck, or not so good if it was what the Pens were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad