Value of: #1 goalie to Carolina?

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
So, lets have a little fun:

Canes: Hart, Konency
Flyers: 1st, Morrow, Necas, Suzuki or similar prospect

Sorry, adding Konecny puts Nikishin on the table. Remember here, from Flyers PoV, you are asking for their 2 best players who are still youngish and not even willing to put your best prospect on board - I’d easily decline.

Since he’s untouchable, I would replace Konecny with Laughton and make a smaller trade. Morrow, 1st, another similar prospect for Hart, Laughton type deal.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Sorry, adding Konecny puts Nikishin on the table. Remember here, from Flyers PoV, you are asking for their 2 best players who are still youngish and not even willing to put your best prospect on board - I’d easily decline.

Since he’s untouchable, I would replace Konecny with Laughton and make a smaller trade. Morrow, 1st, another similar prospect for Hart, Laughton type deal.
Konency can walk in 1 year, Necas is RFA with control

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Heard Jack Campbell misses America and it’s the source of all his mental issues and he thrives in warm weather.

Waddel loves to shop in the bargain bin. Take Campbell for free and smoke the Oilers in a deal Canes, you know you want to.

Please?

• Haha
Reactions: PelagicJoe

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Gotta imagine Mackenzie Blackwood is the most sought-after REASONABLE goalie available.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Canes are built to not need franchise goaltending. They’ve won rounds with Mrazek, McElhinney, Nedeljkovic and Raanta.

It just needs for it to not be bad. A Hart or Saros is overkill. A Gibson or Markstrom may not fit in the cap structure; the total spend on goaltending in this era has been in the $6 mil - $7 mil range.

Raanta and Kochetkov just need to play better. Hopefully Andersen gets healthy by playoff time. Any meaningful trade assets need to be directed towards the finish touch up front.

That has also lead to zero Cup wins or ”even” getting through the East

But I guess it’s better just to keep doing the same expecting a different result

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That has also lead to zero Cup wins or ”even” getting through the East

But I guess it’s better just to keep doing the same expecting a different result

That’s not on the goalies. The skaters have scored 1.76 GF/G in the 5 series that they’ve lost.

I’m not suggesting simply running it back in total. I’m hoping that this is the year that they load up with another forward of some quality. That’s where the assets need to go.

They are absolutely good enough defensively to win with the next Hill/Kuemper/Binnington.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So, lets have a little fun:

Canes: Hart, Konency
Flyers: 1st, Morrow, Necas, Suzuki or similar prospect
Canes say no

Hart has a positive goals saved above expected twice in 5 years. It isn’t the bad philly defense that makes a middle of the road goalie. Pass.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Canes say no

Hart has a positive goals saved above expected twice in 5 years. It isn’t the bad philly defense that makes a middle of the road goalie. Pass.
Dont need to.
Canes offered. Philly declined already. Canes are not allowed to decline back!
And it has little to do with Hart, has to do with Konecny

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Dont need to.
Canes offered. Philly declined already. Canes are not allowed to decline back!
And it has little to do with Hart, has to do with Konecny
That’s cool. Just a nice reference at why Hart isn’t worth Nikishin or Morrow and a first as well

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
What team has a #1G and is out of the playoffs is what you should ask yourself. Wait until TDL and if NYI nosedives you can place a bid on Varlamov, however i'm scared to know what it would cost.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s gonna be funny watching Carolina solve their goaltending issue within months, as it’s a never ending story in other cities.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That’s not on the goalies. The skaters have scored 1.76 GF/G in the 5 series that they’ve lost.

I’m not suggesting simply running it back in total. I’m hoping that this is the year that they load up with another forward of some quality. That’s where the assets need to go.

They are absolutely good enough defensively to win with the next Hill/Kuemper/Binnington.

Yeah, that post made next to no sense. Their offense went cold in the last 2 series they were eliminated in. Aho+Svech were shells in the Rangers series in 2022 and everyone died in the Panthers series after you guys murdered us in Round 2.

The Canes are built to not need franchise goaltending. They’ve won rounds with Mrazek, McElhinney, Nedeljkovic and Raanta.

It just needs for it to not be bad. A Hart or Saros is overkill. A Gibson or Markstrom may not fit in the cap structure; the total spend on goaltending in this era has been in the $6 mil - $7 mil range.

Raanta and Kochetkov just need to play better. Hopefully Andersen gets healthy by playoff time. Any meaningful trade assets need to be directed towards the finish touch up front.

Only counter I have is the time bomb ticking with the departures of Teuvo, Skjei, Pesce, etc probably soon to happen with the cap. They'll keep some of those guys for sure but they'll still lose a bit albeit the stud Nishikin + influx of good picks coming over very soon. And I think Freddy is fine, the guy is just made of glass and tape at this point.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Yeah, that post made next to no sense. Their offense went cold in the last 2 series they were eliminated in. Aho+Svech were shells in the Rangers series in 2022 and everyone died in the Panthers series after you guys murdered us in Round 2.

Only counter I have is the time bomb ticking with the departures of Teuvo, Skjei, Pesce, etc probably soon to happen with the cap. They'll keep some of those guys for sure but they'll still lose a bit albeit the stud Nishikin + influx of good picks coming over very soon. And I think Freddy is fine, the guy is just made of glass and tape at this point.

That is fair and it highlights the importance of Nikishin. Carolina’s core defense is exiting their 20s and some exiting town as well. He’ll be an infusion of youth when the team needs it. I keep coming back to what Kuznetsov coming over did for Washington in the mid-10s; he opened up a second window and they eventually capitalized on it.

(Not directed at you) He’s not available for Hart, Konecny or Hart+Konency. Something special needs to be on the table for the Canes to make him available, given the above.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Philly's 2nd (owned by CAR) and a conditional pick based on Hart's games played in the playoffs would be a good fit for both teams IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Philly's 2nd (owned by CAR) and a conditional pick based on Hart's games played in the playoffs would be a good fit for both teams IMO.
Kind of vague: early second + ? Can it get to a 1st or is it maxed at a 3rd in 26? Carolina gets kicked out in round 1 leaves Philly with… I need more info.

racamdim

Jul 14, 2022
Apparently NJ put out feelers on a Markstrom move but given their cap situation I’m sure NJ offered a bargain return and still wanted Calgary to retain and part of thr offer was probably Vanacek which doesn’t do anything for Calgary.
Jersey suddenly has a lot of cap with Hamilton headed to LITR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad