Post-Game Talk: 1/9/18 | Canucks 1 at Caps 3 | You got the DUD!!!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't think they've packed it. They seemed to compete hard in the third. The team just sucks.

Did they compete hard or did the caps play at half speed? I think it was more the latter and really they barely troubled Grubauer despite the shots in the third.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Who else is there?

Horvat
Sedin
Sutter
Dowd
Gagner

He's our 2C 5 on 5, that's how bad the depth is.
Hey, fair enough. But coaches get attached to these players pretty easily. Wouldn't be surprised to see him still getting abnormally high minutes for a player his caliber once the others return.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Eriksson can join Seabrook in the press box...

I was thinking about this on my way home today. Chicago hits a rough patch and Q shuffles everything around, benches a bunch of regulars, they waive Franson, and now he's scratching Seabrook.

Can you imagine this team scratching a name player like !Brent Seabrook! It took a month of terrible play for us to f***ing scratch Pouliot. And we are a million times worse than the Hawks.

Scratch Eriksson, hahaha, that will be the day.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was thinking about this on my way home today. Chicago hits a rough patch and Q shuffles everything around, benches a bunch of regulars, they waive Franson, and now he's scratching Seabrook.

Can you imagine this team scratching a name player like !Brent Seabrook! It took a month of terrible play for us to ****ing scratch Pouliot. And we are a million times worse than the Hawks.

Without the Pouliot scratch we wouldnt HAVE had the Hutton hit and fight which was the hilite of the game basically

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Can you imagine this team scratching a name player like !Brent Seabrook! It took a month of terrible play for us to ****ing scratch Pouliot. And we are a million times worse than the Hawks.

The GMs fighting for his life and you scratch his biggest signing making him look even worse. I'd be worried about my job security if I did that to desperate GM looking for a scapegoat.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
we do not even have much options out there. stop being so deluded.
Chill dude. When he's 2nd in ice time midway through the game, above much better players, you have to wonder if Green is turning him into his pet project like Willie with Vey or Vigneault with Glass. And this is happening nearly every game.

Reactions: Jack Burton

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Chill dude. When he's 2nd in ice time midway through the game, above much better players, you have to wonder if Green is turning him into his pet project like Willie with Vey or Vigneault with Glass. And this is happening nearly every game.
What are the options?
Sedins can't play big 5-on-5 minutes any more.
Gagner shouldn't play any minutes at 5 on 5.

Dowd is getting minutes by default, there are no other centre options.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Did they compete hard or did the caps play at half speed? I think it was more the latter and really they barely troubled Grubauer despite the shots in the third.

Fair point. I only watched the third of this game. I thought they competed well against the Kings, Leafs and Hawks. Ducks and Habs they had very little effort.

Likely both. Some have packed and also the team severely lacks talent.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
What are the options?
Sedins can't play big 5-on-5 minutes any more.
Gagner shouldn't play any minutes at 5 on 5.

Dowd is getting minutes by default, there are no other centre options.

He not only gets big minutes 5 on 5, he usually leads in SH TOI as well, as he did this game...

Like I said, it appears Green thinks he's the best two way player on this team. Not that this team isn't terrible, but come on.

A Brad Richardson lite shouldn't be 2nd in icetime, only 2-3 minutes behind our PPG rookie, halfway through the game (which is becoming a bit of a routine) when we suck at scoring goals.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Only one regulation win in the past month, absolutely embarrassing that this team is so dependent on a ~55 point centre that it literally can't win without him.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Grubauer really stood on his head for some of our best chances from Goldobin, Baertschi, and Boeser.

Capitals as a team really have a solid understanding of how to shut down another team (like themselves) whose offence is centred around a right hand shooter on the wing

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Never forget MDZ keeping the net upright only to end up in Markstrom’s lap, to have Washington score and then MDZ complain right after for goalie interference....goalie interference on who...yourself?

I can’t believe he signed with us. Steal of the summer.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
He not only gets big minutes 5 on 5, he usually leads in SH TOI as well, as he did this game...

Like I said, it appears Green thinks he's the best two way player on this team. Not that this team isn't terrible, but come on.

A Brad Richardson lite shouldn't be 2nd in icetime, only 2-3 minutes behind our PPG rookie, halfway through the game (which is becoming a bit of a routine) when we suck at scoring goals.

The only other options are
a) more Granlund at C
b) more Gagner at C
c) more Chaput/Megna at C
d) Boeser plays centre
e) they don't bother to put the centre out on the ice and go 4-on-5 at ES to keep Dowds minutes down.

It isn't Green or Dowd's fault, this team is just so bad their are no options.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
cut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad