GDT: 1/8/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Columbus vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I just want to note next game will be the 44th game of the season, and that Alex Killorn, who went on a little hot streak a week or two ago, has yet to miss a game... meaning, after next game, he'll have played 44 games this season...

#Killockwork

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I just want to note next game will be the 44th game of the season, and that Alex Killorn, who went on a little hot streak a week or two ago, has yet to miss a game... meaning, after next game, he'll have played 44 games this season...

#Killockwork

*Killorn been awfully quiet lately
*Checks hockeydb
* PPG slightly over .50

Oh that's why

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That was Vasi’s third shutout vs Columbus in the past two seasons.

First thing that comes to mind is the Russian netminder at the other end of the ice. It'd be interesting to see if his record is a touch better when dealing with Russian goalies. Might help him get up for the game a little more.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
First thing that comes to mind is the Russian netminder at the other end of the ice. It'd be interesting to see if his record is a touch better when dealing with Russian goalies. Might help him get up for the game a little more.
Are there other Russian goalies in the NHL beyond Vasi and Bob? I'm blanking.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Khudobin. Also Alexander Georgiev has gotten ~25 starts over the past two seasons.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not overly concerned on Girardi. If he's hurting even a little bit, he should sit. I don't think half of our injuries are actual injuries right now. Like Callahan last night. But I'm all for resting vets if they get so much as a leg cramp.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Columbus is in a pretty tough spot, they're currently in a playoff position but Panarin has declined extension talks.

All signs point to him wanting out, the East is way too stacked to compete this year for them.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Columbus is in a pretty tough spot, they're currently in a playoff position but Panarin has declined extension talks.

All signs point to him wanting out, the East is way too stacked to compete this year for them.
On one hand, you don't want to signal to your team (and fans) that you've given up. On the other...

I mean f***, what can you do? Hope to not draw the Caps or Pens in round 1?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
On one hand, you don't want to signal to your team (and fans) that you've given up. On the other...

I mean ****, what can you do? Hope to not draw the Caps or Pens in round 1?

Gotta push my Miller for Panarin narrative once again......I mean it's the only serious upgrade we can make and Columbus's situation is favorable to that right now.

They get a top line winger back and keep their roster afloat, we're going to dump Miller in the off-season anyways..

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What have rentals of his caliber gotten in return? Any comparables?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What have rentals of his caliber gotten in return? Any comparables?

Funny enough..... Martin St.louis to the Rangers in 2014, PPG forward who was a pending UFA for Callahan also pending UFA, 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick and a 7th. Rangers were cup contending that year so we got the conditional 2nd that ended up as a 1st because they made the ECF.

There's a bunch of underperforming stars that got flipped like Staal and Iginla, Hossa was probably the last performing star forwarded traded at the deadline as a rental, his return was Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and Pens 1st round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Funny enough..... Martin St.louis to the Rangers in 2014, PPG forward who was a pending UFA for Callahan also pending UFA, 1st round pick, conditional 2nd round pick and a 7th. Rangers were cup contending that year so we got the conditional 2nd that ended up as a 1st because they made the ECF.

There's a bunch of underperforming stars that got flipped like Staal and Iginla, Hossa was probably the last performing star forwarded traded at the deadline as a rental, his return was Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and Pens 1st round pick.
MSL actually slipped into my mind after posting that but didn't remember if he had a year or two left in his contract at that time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

A little tough to compare though because MSL gave us one team to deal with. And then, on the other side, apparently Yzerman was completely willing to hold onto him. It's hard to say how all the crazy circumstances affected the trade.

Miller, as a trade chip, has got to be the best roster player they'll be offered. It probably depends how we can sweeten it. It'll also depend on their own position, I guess. If they feel like they have a legit chance, they might not be so willing to downgrade, even if they know they'll lose the player.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I don't think getting Panarin makes sense. Great player, but how many goals do we intend to score?

I don't like the idea of throwing Miller for a rental we're not re-signing. I'd rather get a long-term asset if we're forced to move him.

Reactions: JDBolt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad