Post-Game Talk: 1/6/18 | Canucks 2 @ Leafs 3 | Shoot out loss

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I mean Hughson has a not-so-secret Canucks bias (though it's not always apparent I guess) being raised in B.C. Think they both kind of balance eachother out in Nucks-Leafs matches.

god I wish Hughson would call our games though, would legitimately tune into to more games just for his voice
Just hire the und commentators.

YES SIR BROCK BOESER

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Boeser is a phenomenal talent.
Every game Boeser does something that causes your jaw to just drop....always knew the guy had a lethal shot but that double-post laser beam in OT takes it to a different level....I mean the guy was barely a stride inside the blueline and lets one go that Anderson didn't even move on....both posts and out so fast they needed to go to the slow-mo replay to figure out what happened......even the refs were befuddled......I mean what's the ceiling now on this kid.....a legitimate NHL superstar?.......keep waiting for some fall-off, but just seems to get better and better, even on a bigger stage like this game.....even for downtrodden Canuck fans, this has to be pretty heady stuff.

Reactions: Nomobo

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Every game Boeser does something that causes your jaw to just drop....always knew the guy had a lethal shot but that double-post laser beam in OT takes it to a different level....I mean the guy was barely a stride inside the blueline and lets one go that Anderson didn't even move on....both posts and out so fast they needed to go to the slow-mo replay to figure out what happened......even the refs were befuddled......I mean what's the ceiling now on this kid.....a legitimate NHL superstar?.......keep waiting for some fall-off, but just seems to get better and better, even on a bigger stage like this game.....even for downtrodden Canuck fans, this has to be pretty heady stuff.

I have been trying to hold off on the enthusiasm and hyperbole because I am very cautious and cynical and a lot of other things.

But this is legitimately taking me back to watching Bure as a kid. Not in terms of play style obviously, but just in terms of anticipating his shifts and expecting him to make plays from nothing, which he does all the time.

The way he plays, his IQ, ability to get open coupled with his absolutely ridiculous shot, I was wrong to be conservative with my expectations. This kid is something else.

When he took that shot in OT, I thought he scored not just from his reaction, but because I honestly couldn't believe he was capable of missing from there. Seems automatic that if you give him the space he will score. Hit the post? Brock? No way.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
This is gonna sound so weird but I’m rattled Boeser didn’t score that OT goal. Would have loved 2 goals against Toronto. Up his calder voting with the eastern folks seeing 2 goals and also I just want him to get goals / points.

Inches away.

Damn.

Reactions: thepoeticgoblin

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Is it too soon to say that he has a better shot than Naslund did? I don't know if it's recency bias or not but his shot has to be at least on par with naslunds.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Frankly, this kid is better than Naslund imo, because of his one-timer alone.....was never a shot that Naslund took that often and wasn't that great at it.....what astonishes you about Boeser is that wrister is beating goalies from so far out.....I mean these are NHL goalies like Frederik Andersen and Carey Price we're talking about....and he's making them look foolish at times....puck just seems to explode off his stick...I know Ovechkin and Laine are elite scorers with their shots, but Boeser might be the best pure shooter in the NHL right now.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Is it too soon to say that he has a better shot than Naslund did? I don't know if it's recency bias or not but his shot has to be at least on par with naslunds.

Naslund bloomed late in his career so his shot slowly developed.
Boeser has an outright lethal shot right out the gate.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Naslund bloomed late in his career so his shot slowly developed.
Boeser has an outright lethal shot right out the gate.

Naslund never really had the release that Brock does. He was good at holding until the right moment before finding his spot. With Brock it's like he's shot the puck before he even has it.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm trying to think of good players who played for both of our teams. Remember Peter Zezel?

RIP.

Dude could win a faceoff.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm trying to think of good players who played for both of our teams. Remember Peter Zezel?

RIP.

Dude could win a faceoff.

There was this other centre more recently, big Swedish guy. Don't remember his name. Was it Mats Lindgren? No .... that's not right. Hmmm.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
There was this other centre more recently, big Swedish guy. Don't remember his name. Was it Mats Lindgren? No .... that's not right. Hmmm.
Yeah he was ok, I GUESS.

Know what's screwed up? In the 90s we could've had Gretzky, Gilmour and Sundin on the same team, but management didn't want to fork over the money. That's how badly we've been screwed over. Even after Ballards death they still f***ed up.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Vaive, Derlego and Tiger come to mind right away. I'm sure there's more.

edit... Oh, how could I have forgotten Felix the p***y?

.... and that other dude that tried to make a comeback but his back was too eff'ed up... Tom something?

edit deux... Booth, Raymond, Mogilny?, Lumme, Valk.... Ashton because I assume he played for every team in the league.

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Yeah he was ok, I GUESS.

Know what's screwed up? In the 90s we could've had Gretzky, Gilmour and Sundin on the same team, but management didn't want to fork over the money. That's how badly we've been screwed over. Even after Ballards death they still ****ed up.
Serious question. What the hell is the obsession with Gilmour in Toronto? He scored a big goal against Cujo that you guys seem to show every other week in a highlight pack.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Serious question. What the hell is the obsession with Gilmour in Toronto? He scored a big goal against Cujo that you guys seem to show every other week in a highlight pack.
Guy lead the team to heights we hadnt seen in a long time, it was literally on his back. Sure he had Clark, Andreychuk, and some others but he was double shifted, played on a broken leg, set our team record for both points and assists and was a loveable gritty-yet small kinda guy.

He was my favourite player growing up.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Vaive, Derlego and Tiger come to mind right away. I'm sure there's more.

edit... Oh, how could I have forgotten Felix the *****?

.... and that other dude that tried to make a comeback but his back was too eff'ed up... Tom something?
Potvin! He was pretty good. I think he's a little underrated honestly.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Guy lead the team to heights we hadnt seen in a long time, it was literally on his back. Sure he had Clark, Andreychuk, and some others but he was double shifted, played on a broken leg, set our team record for both points and assists and was a loveable gritty-yet small kinda guy.

He was my favourite player growing up.
Seems weird that he was so loved yet Sundin isn't

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Potvin! He was pretty good. I think he's a little underrated honestly.

As a kid I thought he was so cool. He was the cat and he did that around the world thing that I always tried to mimic when I played. Then we traded for him and I was so excited.

And then he completely sucked donkey balls for us and it ruined everything.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Seems weird that he was so loved yet Sundin isn't

dcdgkiss2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad