Post-Game Talk: 1/6/18 | Canucks 2 @ Leafs 3 | Shoot out loss

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Who do you mean here? I’m trying to figure it out and failing badly haha

It’s probably an easy one and I’m just super spacing.

Damn it, might have not even been a Tom... I seem to remember a short name.

now I have to go research... brb...

...Just found Andrew Raycroft. Not who I'm thinking of but add him to the list.

Ha! Tom Fergus... (and found Bohonos too)

Thats it. Been fun. Good night.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Just watched the game on the train. Why is Hutton scratched? Del Zotto and Gudbranson are both not really doing anything out there other then being pylons for the leafs to play around. Benching your 2nd best defenseman is absolutely an idiotic move.

But i guess expecting NHL coaching from Travis Green is too much to ask. He is lucky to have Boeser because honestly this roster on paper without Boeser. The roster is better then last years roster, and willie did a whole lot more with a whole lot less.

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Swang by to say your boy Boeser is incredible and looks like the real deal from my limited viewing. Hold on to that kid for a long time!!!

Toronto barely beat a ****ty and depleted team. I don't see them doing much damage down the stretch.

Arizona has beat Nashville, Washington and NJ, Ottawa beat Tampa last night. It means nothing.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just watched the game on the train. Why is Hutton scratched? Del Zotto and Gudbranson are both not really doing anything out there other then being pylons for the leafs to play around. Benching your 2nd best defenseman is absolutely an idiotic move.

But i guess expecting NHL coaching from Travis Green is too much to ask. He is lucky to have Boeser because honestly this roster on paper without Boeser. The roster is better then last years roster, and willie did a whole lot more with a whole lot less.

Hating on Gudbranson is vogue, but he's not the first - or even second - guy I would bench in favour of Hutton. Those spots go to Del Zotto and Pouliot respectively. I know the optics of benching a recent UFA acquisition can be damming, especially for luring in other potential UFAs, but come on. It's a performance based industry.

EDIT: And I think Pouliot has had some strong nights, to be sure. But of late, I don't feel he has been so consistently better so as to merit repeatedly benching Hutton.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Had a chance for a quick hello and a handshake. Not like you can tell much about a person, but certainly seemed like a good guy.
Hes a Trump supporter so he cant be that bad

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You disappoint me Rosebud.
Im just kidding I dont like Trump hes too confrontational Im just hoping he calms down and brings back respect to the White House. Matthews likes him tho was pretty against Kapernack

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Marky continues to crush the team's confidence in him (well... mine anyways). That non goal.. My out loud reaction to it going in was a simple somber... "There it is."

It was great to see Stecher bounce back. Was very happy with his game. Was happy with the D overall. The PK looked settled. Dowd with probably his best game - of his career? Was happy with the style of play the team/coaches implemented. Great to see Boeser snipe one on National TV.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Marky continues to crush the team's confidence in him (well... mine anyways). That non goal.. My out loud reaction to it going in was a simple somber... "There it is."

It was great to see Stecher bounce back. Was very happy with his game. Was happy with the D overall. The PK looked settled. Dowd with probably his best game - of his career? Was happy with the style of play the team/coaches implemented. Great to see Boeser snipe one on National TV.
Yeah totally agreed there on all accounts. Stechers game of the season i think he looks like he really hates the Leafs or something he was just flying out there looked like a seasoned vet so confident with the puck

Was totally meh towards Dowd but had quiet a good game really liked his effort level and even had some skill. If that is a signs of things to come Id be ok with him as a bottom 6er for us

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
If that was Stecher's best game of the season then he's had a worse season than I thought.

I mean, he was alright. Nothing special. Basically quit on the 2-2 goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad