GDT: 1/6/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
or maybe its because he spears a player getting off to the bench from his own bench or dives like a swan?

The poke he gave Killorn(?) was just dumb. PK is always on the edge - it's where he plays. Diving like a swan? meh, maybe in the off season he can get some acting lessons. Just doesn't bother me. PK wouldn't be the player he is without the extra curriculars.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
This. I don't like having players on my team I can't stand, and I can't stand the way he plays hockey regardless of his sweater.

Subban doesn't bother me terribly (I'd hate his diving if he was on my team). Marchand is a guy I dislike more than Subban.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
This. I don't like having players on my team I can't stand, and I can't stand the way he plays hockey regardless of his sweater.

I concur on this. He just grates on me, his antics wear down my nerves. When you're as good of a player as he is, why be a jackass too?

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
This is a win they can build a stretch-run around. Price was good enough in net to steal it but Tampa's puck pressure was relentless. This game was decided between the blue lines.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Man, I love the way he plays hockey. It's the non-hockey stuff he does on the ice I don't like. The diving, the chirping - forget it. Still would love to have him on my team.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Btw... take it from someone who (A White Sox fan) hated the hell out of AJ Pierzynski from the rival Twins for years. He comes to the Sox and helps them win the World Series. I even have a picture a few years ago with with the guy lol. I can't stand some players (Subban is near the top) but do I want him on my team? ... that's asking do I want to win? Hell yes

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
hoser should get a kick out of this but brownie scoring was one thing but highlight of this game?

Connolly making all world price look about the same as a beer league goalie:)

What a shot that kid has lol.

Anyway cant wait till day connolly is put with right linemates and gets more than goals honestly but man that was a nice one:)

great game knew we would get the first one back we seem to be finding more and more chemistry as the year goes on:)

Finally saw the highlights, had to hear about the Leafs coaching change for like 30 minutes, it was pretty nasty. I think Filpulla is the best center for him on the team but if they want a shutdown line you have to go Callahan. Filpulla looks to pass and can find Brett with his lethal release. It depends on who the other winger is as they didn't work when Drouin was on there with them.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Another dominant win over the mighty Habs. They have to be the worst best team in the NHL. If not for Price we win by another 6-8 goals.

Got another good Connolly game sighting. Let's see if he builds on it this time.

Great great game. Love beating the Habs. Now off to read their boards and drink their tears.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Another dominant win over the mighty Habs. They have to be the worst best team in the NHL. If not for Price we win by another 6-8 goals.

Got another good Connolly game sighting. Let's see if he builds on it this time.

Great great game. Love beating the Habs. Now off to read their boards and drink their tears.

Look at Price's stats. Almost identical to Pekka Rinne; their place in the standings is all Price.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
A big reason for these last couple of wins was that every forward on tthe ice stepped up and played solid and we didn't have to just rely on one line and that is how they have to keep playing.

Oh, and by this I don't just mean scoring, I'm also talking about the way they play in our own zone and the way the team help each other and like if some players are struggling to score then they help make sure that the goals scored by others, like the TKO line, matters by working their ***** off to try and help the defense t and goalie to keep the other team out of the net and also, if nothing else, to kill of time by holding onto the puck, it's been great to see and they deserve a lot of creadit for it and it's been a nice balance in the game.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
#1 star to killorn? am I missing something here? no johnson? lol
a4Vf5Ph.jpg

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I loved Connolly's celly. Dude's been looking for a goal for games now.

Also, great goal by Brown. I really liked him with Drouin. #FreeBrown

In other news: TKO = good at the game of hockey.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Put TKO with Stamkos as the first PP unit and BAM! Two goals. Who would've thought?

That was a complete game. The score was generous to Montreal. The first goal was a pretty lucky deflection off the post and the second one was soft as hell. We have two very good games against our main division rival now which is nice. If we get the PP going consistently we might just survive the next month.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Finally saw the highlights, had to hear about the Leafs coaching change for like 30 minutes, it was pretty nasty. I think Filpulla is the best center for him on the team but if they want a shutdown line you have to go Callahan. Filpulla looks to pass and can find Brett with his lethal release. It depends on who the other winger is as they didn't work when Drouin was on there with them.

I'd be down for

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Connolly-Filppula-Callahan

Seems pretty well balanced, the Stamkos line is getting matched with 2nd pairings now anyways, Killorn should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad