GDT: 1/6/13 "Olympic Preview" - Panthers VS Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
It was a good hockey game.

Tonight Price outplayed Thomas (who didn't have a bad game by any stretch).

We aren't going to win them all.

relax.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I thought Jovo looked pretty good considering his long absence. It sucks for him that mistakes are amplified to the point of no return with this team.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
not-good-enough.jpg

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
At least we have the much needed veteran "winners" though. :sarcasm:

Young kids looked good tonight. Nice third period from Shore.

We need a legitimate 30 goal score, of which we have none.

You can blame bottom 6ers like kopy and mathias all night long as I'm sure u will.

But the now fix is a lst line player which viner failed to sign.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We cant score

We have the scoring ability of a potato

We suck offensively.

PP is still ****ing awful. 6 on 5 was a joke. Good effort in the third. Why cant we just ****ing score jesus.

6 - 1 L, 4 - 3 L, 4 - 1 W, 2 - 1 SOL, 5 - 4 W, 2 - 1 L

Bit of a weird trend happening lately where we score one goal one game and then have 3 or more the next. I'd say consistent scoring every game is a better description. Anyone have stats on how our Goals/per game have increased since Horachek took the job? What were Dineen's G/G stats vs Horachek's G/G?

Erick*

We need a legitimate 30 goal score, of which we have none.

You can blame bottom 6ers like kopy and mathias all night long as I'm sure u will.

But the now fix is a lst line player which viner failed to sign.

Matthias is good. We should let go of Kopecky so Matthias can get more minutes. We're better when we're faster. Young kids are being blocked which makes no sense considering the crap production we get from some of these veterans.

Also, Jovo's retirement will be a happy day for the entire fanbase. He's such a detriment to the team.

Erick*

I'm pretty sure we lost because of him tonight. He should be playing on the Cyclones farm team IMHO.

Odds are he would've allowed 4 or 5 goals tonight. Hopefully he was watching the game and learned something.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
It was a good hockey game.

Tonight Price outplayed Thomas (who didn't have a bad game by any stretch).

We aren't going to win them all.

relax.

yeah. game got away from us a little bit after that first goal but we stuck it out and stayed in it.

if you compete and play with some structure every night (obviously tougher than it sounds), you'll win when you're supposed to and steal a few. that's what we've been doing. didn't work out tonight but it was another positive game.

Erick*

yeah. game got away from us a little bit after that first goal but we stuck it out and stayed in it.

if you compete and play with some structure every night (obviously tougher than it sounds), you'll win when you're supposed to and steal a few. that's what we've been doing. didn't work out tonight but it was another positive game.

They looked awful the first two periods and looked a lot better in the third trying to tie it. They got what they deserved tonight.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Sure, that was an amazingly offensive 3rd period with the Panthers throwing everything they could at Price and yes Jovo's turnover of the Habs second goal didn't help. However, I put the blame on the loss for only getting eleven shots on goal. Again, it always boils down to sixty minutes. They also have to start playing better defensively. I know Olsen being out doesn't help, but they can't let up 42 shots to the Predators and 35 tonight. Thomas has had to stand on his head at times.

I'm hoping for that 3rd Period kind of play in Buffalo. Miller won't be easy to beat and the Sabres have been playing well. Luckily, we won't see Myers due to suspension.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Matthias is good. We should let go of Kopecky so Matthias can get more minutes. We're better when we're faster. Young kids are being blocked which makes no sense considering the crap production we get from some of these veterans.

Also, Jovo's retirement will be a happy day for the entire fanbase. He's such a detriment to the team.

Trade anyone over the age of 25 and sign a younger faster player. Do it now or the team will never win. Leadership means nothing - lower salary is all that matters.

Erick*

Trade anyone over the age of 25 and sign a younger faster player. Do it now or the team will never win. Leadership means nothing - lower salary is all that matters.

Veterans matter. We just need some veterans who produce. There are about a handful of guys hurting this team right now and preventing it from taking the next step.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
i love the effort horachek has this team playing with, i just wish something can be done about our absolutely abysmal play when we have an extra player (it doesn't even deserve to be called a powerplay)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

I don't know how long it is going to take for you and others to realise Matthias is what he is. Limiting his minutes doesn't hurt an NHL team. At almost 26, he's shown virtually no ability to produce offensively at the NHL level. He skates well, tries hard and is competent in his own end. There is nothing else to see. After nearly 300 games, you'd think people would accept this.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Let's get some trade action going!! I had to turn on the Canadien announcers because I am so tired of Goldie and Billy pumping up what really doesn't deserve to be pumped up! Only positive I saw tonight was a bit of line juggling by Horacheck probably for the first time since he got the job. Frankly, the only real improvement I am seeing with this team is that we are losing games in a more competitve fashion.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Seems like this will be the trend the rest of the way: We'll win here & there, but lose a lot of close games.

If someone told me that the Panthers absolutely never practice the power play, it would be hard to argue with them. I just don't see how you can only rely on 5-on-5 to string together wins and be a successful team. It's just too hard. So it's hard to envision this team placing anywhere else besides the bottom-third of the league.

Kuli looks a lot better and I'd imagine his stock is rising back up if Tallon decided to go that route.

-ghoste

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

I dare you to tell me that is what any of the players would say. You would be talking out of your buttocks if you think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad