Post-Game Talk: 1/5/14 - Hawks fall in the shootout to the Sharks, 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
This team just can't seem to protect a lead!
how many blown leads in 3rd this year? too many to count!

We probably didn't deserve to have the lead tonight, but it's frustrating for sure.

We are NOT a sound defensive team, and are routinely WAY too soft on the puck to effectively hold small leads. Usually our forwards are the problem, but tonight it was the entire team. Our centerman we unusually god awful in our own zone. Toews was pretty much a zero out there.

HawksIsles

Dec 12, 2011
Team like the Hawks with their Championship pedigree, players and record, it is really weird to not feel confident when leading.
2 goals lead doesn't seem that big. 1 goal lead might as well be a tie.
It seems only way the Hawks can protect a lead is to score more goals.
Despite our record, Hawks team defense is very very average.

SLarmer28*

Nothing but a bunch of fat cats out on the ice. Everybody got paid and nobody gives a damn about playing the body or playing hard on the puck.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Crow stopped 40 of 42 shots, .952 save pct. And the quality of chances the Sharks had were high, a great game by him and only reason we got a point. Owned in the SO unfortunately.

As much as everyone wants to blame the Hawks for everything, you have to give the Sharks credit for playing a damn good game as well. They are a good team and were very effective slowing our big boys down.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Nothing but a bunch of fat cats out on the ice. Everybody got paid and nobody gives a damn about playing the body or playing hard on the puck.

This is not an exaggeration in the slightest. The Hawks actually dressed a bunch of fat cats tonight. We can only hope nobody in the UC is allergic to their fur.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
This team just can't seem to protect a lead!
how many blown leads in 3rd this year? too many to count!

Not sure about leads gained in the 3rd that were then lost in the 3rd, but the Hawks are 21-0-3 (.875) when leading after 2 periods.

HawksIsles

Dec 12, 2011
Not sure about leads gained in the 3rd that were then lost in the 3rd, but the Hawks are 21-0-3 (.875) when leading after 2 periods.

Haha, so you are saying i'm slightly exaggerating? :D

what can I say? I take each and every Hawks loss personally ;)

Vardog

Jan 3, 2014
Pretty brutal in here. The forwards aren't going to light it up every night. Crawford looked great tonight. He was being peppered with quality shots. Escaping this game with a point is a good thing.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
So much anger and butthurt in this thread. The Hawks played poorly against a good team. It's not the end of the world. The biggest concern going forward will be the PK.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. Minimum wage goalie beats $6 million goalie in SO.
2. But never shoulda come to that...refs blew in on SJ 2nd goal..Burns clear shot only because he crossed-checked Hammer down to the ice...definite infraction..but what can you do.
3.Nevertheless SJ deserved to win...most Hawks MIA for first 2 periods and the Hawks big star forwards were not allowed by SJ to do much..yhen the FAIL by Toews and Sharp in the SO...lucky we got a point.

zac

Apr 29, 2009

We've lost a lot of 3rd period leads, only to have our offense regain it at some point. The ONLY game I've felt confident with a narrow lead in the 3rd is our game against LA. We were so defensively sound for most of the game that I never had a doubt about that one. The others? If it's close I'm just waiting for the puck to go in, as was the case tonight.

The laziness and lack of urgency in our own zone has got to stop. If it takes playing our 4th line as our first, and our 3rd pairing as our 1st to send a message I'm all for it. The only problem is I think we have a coach that either lacks the recognition or the urgency to rectify the issue. There's been too many games (not tonight), that we easily should have won that we've lost or at least had go into overtime because of the gong show in our own zone.

Last year's team was >>>> technically sound than this year's team. I think we're more lethal this year but lethal rarely wins the playoffs. At least not when you are this sloppy.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
He was in the shootout so I assume he's fine.

He made the same move he always does, but he didn't look to comfortable out there (was skating very upright). I don't think he was overly confident in that shoulder. I can only hope I'm overreacting but everything about that hit and what transpired afterwords doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
He made the same move he always does, but he didn't look to comfortable out there (was skating very upright). I don't think he was overly confident in that shoulder. I can only hope I'm overreacting but everything about that hit and what transpired afterwords doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence.

I felt the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad