GDT: 1/4/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
True, but in the games vs Florida and Rangers (especially against FLA) we had many covid problems...
Against the Kitty Cats we played without a goalie...

Yea, I know.

But fact is, and despite the Covid issues, the players that were there, and those who should know better, like Hedman, like Killorn, even Stamkos, didn't seem to be playing at their best.
Making mistakes you'd expect from an AHL callup, and the team overall just not playing a full 60 minutes like they know they should be.

I understand teams go through lulls.....hard to be intense all season long....but these guys are the two time champs, and I expect they set the bar way high for themselves and will be embarrassed enough for those types of efforts, regardless of other circumstances, don't become the norm.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I don't think so. Palat has always been 2nd or 3rd to someone else's success too. It was to Couturier in Drummondville, then to Johnson and Panik on the top gun line, then on the Triplets line, etc. Some players have an ego and want to be "the guy." Palat has always been humble and team oriented. He doesn't get a lot of recognition outside of Tampa, and maybe even some think he rides the coat tails of better players, but those who know, know he makes everyone else better.

I know about his path to the NHL and how he fit in.
Palat's a FANTASTIC teammate, and I want to see him stay on past this current contract someway, somehow.

My post was ME being the egomaniac for him because he certainly won't be. :)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
PEB!!! It's the Truckin' Line!!!! WOOT!

9ca54a0e94108218bc350875e51020be.gif

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yea, I know.

But fact is, and despite the Covid issues, the players that were there, and those who should know better, like Hedman, like Killorn, even Stamkos, didn't seem to be playing at their best.
Making mistakes you'd expect from an AHL callup, and the team overall just not playing a full 60 minutes like they know they should be.

I understand teams go through lulls.....hard to be intense all season long....but these guys are the two time champs, and I expect they set the bar way high for themselves and will be embarrassed enough for those types of efforts, regardless of other circumstances, don't become the norm.
True, but these games can happen during a season.
I prefer to lose 9-2 in December...and not in the post season.
The most important thing is to see how the team will react.

Reactions: TropicalFruitGirl2

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Not sure why Brian Engblom is saying things like "These teams don't like each other", I am guessing from their playoff meetings....but really, there aren't many left on the Columbus team that faced down the Lightning those two series.

I don't see any real animosity at all out there, other than the Jackets see a chance to take down the two time champs as any team would love to do when they face them.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Not sure why Brian Engblom is saying things like "These teams don't like each other", I am guessing from their playoff meetings....but really, there aren't many left on the Columbus team that faced down the Lightning those two series.

I don't see any real animosity at all out there, other than the Jackets see a chance to take down the two time champs as any team would love to do when they face them.

Hush.

good-hate.gif

:sarcasm:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nice steal by Raddy. Still hasn't put it all together yet, but he'll be a good one when he does.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Nice steal by Raddy. Still hasn't put it all together yet, but he'll be a good one when he does.

He will be special in about 2 months. Right when we need him. He can spell some 2nd and 3rd liners and keep our stars fresh for the playoffs. When Kuch comes back along with THE COLTON, this team will start fine tuning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad