GDT: 1/4/13 "JovoCop, You're Back On The Force!" - Predators VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Versteeg was a winner too. He's gone. Not only is he gone, but we've won more since he's been gone.

Versteeg is gone because he was a cancer to the team. He was making a good salary and floating around the ice. His attitude is why he is gone. Kopecky does not have that attitude. He works hard on the ice and while you may not like his contract he is an asset to the younger players on the team.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
We'll be watching the playoffs with the Oilers this offseason at this pace. "Lol." Maybe you don't get it.

Did I say don't sign anyone? No. Sign different guys. Is Goc overpaid? Is Bergenheim overpaid? Is Winchester overpaid? These guys are out there every offseason too. You don't have to pay overpay every free agent. We've proven that ourselves.

You want to overpay someone? Overpay Vanek. Someone who actually...well, scores.

Not sure if u just started following the panthers yesterday but vanek wasn't an option with previous ownership... 3 mil a year for kopecky while maybe .5 mill off is not a bad contract... He's not putting up points but he provides a hell of a lot more than that off the ice in the dressing room and even other aspects on the ice... Young teams NEED this type of player... Free agency is gonna have overpaid contracts 95% of the time that's just fact... Every team has them it won't ever go away so blaming why we aren't good right now on a kopecky contract is laughable

Erick*

Versteeg is gone because he was a cancer to the team. He was making a good salary and floating around the ice. His attitude is why he is gone. Kopecky does not have that attitude. He works hard on the ice and while you may not like his contract he is an asset to the younger players on the team.

Versteeg is also gone because he wasn't producing.

Versteeg was the same cocky, idiotic player two years ago when everyone seemed to love him. He just so happened to score more points.

Some of our current veterans should go too for lack of production. Their minutes can be replaced by guys already on the team.

Erick*

Not sure if u just started following the panthers yesterday but vanek wasn't an option with previous ownership... 3 mil a year for kopecky while maybe .5 mill off is not a bad contract... He's not putting up points but he provides a hell of a lot more than that off the ice in the dressing room and even other aspects on the ice... Young teams NEED this type of player... Free agency is gonna have overpaid contracts 95% of the time that's just fact... Every team has them it won't ever go away so blaming why we aren't good right now on a kopecky contract is laughable

I mentioned Vanek because he's going to be a free agent this offseason.

My point is that if you're going to overpay a player, overpay a guy with upside to be a star offensively. Don't overpay 4th line grinders. We already have enough of those.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I mentioned Vanek because he's going to be a free agent this offseason.

My point is that if you're going to overpay a player, overpay a guy with upside to be a star offensively. Don't overpay 4th line grinders. We already have enough of those.

And my point is kopecky isn't just a 4 th line grinder..there's more intangibles to him that u clearly don't value but real hockey minds and gms do value

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Versteeg was the same cocky, idiotic player two years ago when everyone seemed to love him. He just so happened to score more points.

Some of our current veterans should go too for lack of production. Their minutes can be replaced by guys already on the team.

Who u wanna replace kopecky and up shall with that's already in our system ? I want examples of players that bring what they bring...oh ya there r none

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

And versteeg two years ago to whathe was this year isn't just about points.. Proves u must not have been watching much... He mailed it in this year when things weren't going good and as previously stated was a cancer... Don't want kids around that ... The two situations r completely different and versteeg is useless to this convo

Erick*

Would it really bother you (or anyone) if our bottom six next year looked like this?

Matthias-Goc-Bergenheim
Winchester-Shore-Hayes

With a tough guy like Barch (or someone else) as a healthy scratch for teams that like to goon it up.

We'd be just fine without Kopecky and Upshall.

There are a bunch of checking line players in the system.

We're spending over $6 million on two completely replaceable guys. Don't tell me that the team would be any worse with those checking lines either. You're pretty full of **** and are just arguing for the sake of arguing if you think such roster changes would make us significantly worse.

Some of these veterans are going to have to go whether you like it or not. There are only so many roster spots. They were always just here as stopgaps, anyway.

Erick*

And versteeg two years ago to whathe was this year isn't just about points.. Proves u must not have been watching much... He mailed it in this year when things weren't going good and as previously stated was a cancer... Don't want kids around that ... The two situations r completely different and versteeg is useless to this convo

I watch every game.

Versteeg was the same guy two years ago. He actually did a lot of nothing after the first 30 games or so. He's always had an idiotic tendency to blindly pass the puck for no reason and turn it over. Maybe you're the one who needs to start watching more hockey. There's a reason why he had been traded 3x already.

In case you didn't know, I was the biggest Versteeg hater on here. I was the one who started the trade Versteeg thread so, yes, I do watch plenty.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Would it really bother you (or anyone) if our bottom six next year looked like this?

Matthias-Goc-Bergenheim
Winchester-Shore-Hayes

With a tough guy like Barch (or someone else) as a healthy scratch for teams that like to goon it up.

We'd be just fine without Kopecky and Upshall.

There are a bunch of checking line players in the system.

We're spending over $6 million on two completely replaceable guys. Don't tell me that the team would be any worse with those checking lines either. You're pretty full of **** and are just arguing for the sake of arguing if you think such roster changes would make us significantly worse.

Some of these veterans are going to have to go whether you like it or not. There are only so many roster spots. They were always just here as stopgaps, anyway.

That bottom 6 is fine but now we need 3 top 6 forwards to add and I'm not sure that will happen in one offseason so again who's replacing kopecky and up shall?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I watch every game.

Versteeg was the same guy two years ago. He actually did a lot of nothing after the first 30 games or so. He's always had an idiotic tendency to blindly pass the puck for no reason and turn it over. Maybe you're the one who needs to start watching more hockey. There's a reason why he had been traded 3x already.

In case you didn't know, I was the biggest Versteeg hater on here. I was the one who started the trade Versteeg thread so, yes, I do watch plenty.

Exactly your basically proving my point... Complete different player than kopecky so to bring him up is absolutely pointless to this Convo... Kopecky while struggling on the stat sheet brings other things that versteeg never did so y do u keep bring up versteeg? Lol

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
you say that we won less with versteeg here

i'll enlighten you:
images

winchester is the epitome of a hyped grinder getting to play more minutes than he should and end up producing for a stretch, similiar to matthias last year.

i wouldn't want kopecky resigned for the money he makes, but hindsight is always great. however, we have noone to fill the void with and this franchise have rushed enough players instead of "signing useless no talent players", making them bust.

you're so negative that i don't even understand why you don't abandon the panthers and pick a new franchise every year based on who just won the cup...

Erick*

That bottom 6 is fine but now we need 3 top 6 forwards to add and I'm not sure that will happen in one offseason so again who's replacing kopecky and up shall?

Why does this matter?

You're completely missing the point.

Kopecky and Upshall aren't top-6 players. They're bottom-6 players so they've already been replaced. You, yourself, just said the bottom-6 would be fine, right? Exactly my point.

The Kopecky and Upshall money can be used to sign a legit top-6 forward or a legit top-4 defenseman or a legit starting goaltender (all things we need).

Does that make more sense now? :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Erick*

Exactly your basically proving my point... Complete different player than kopecky so to bring him up is absolutely pointless to this Convo... Kopecky while struggling on the stat sheet brings other things that versteeg never did so y do u keep bring up versteeg? Lol

You clearly don't understand asset managment. It's ok, maybe you'll get it one day.

Erick*

you say that we won less with versteeg here

i'll enlighten you:
images

winchester is the epitome of a hyped grinder getting to play more minutes than he should and end up producing for a stretch, similiar to matthias last year.

i wouldn't want kopecky resigned for the money he makes, but hindsight is always great. however, we have noone to fill the void with and this franchise have rushed enough players instead of "signing useless no talent players", making them bust.

you're so negative that i don't even understand why you don't abandon the panthers and pick a new franchise every year based on who just won the cup...

So you want Versteeg back?

For all of your complaining about my complaints, your version of being a GM would be laughable. Everyone who signs their contracts would stay for the entirety of it even when the team isn't good. Fortunately, trades exist and the business doesn't work that way.

Professional sports players understand that sports are a business. They don't think like teenage girls. It's well-known that there's no such thing as loyalty. Losing brings change. Heck, Stanley Cup winners change their respective teams after they win, as well. Change happens. A lot. It's ok.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Why does this matter?

You're completely missing the point.

Kopecky and Upshall aren't top-6 players. They're bottom-6 players so they've already been replaced. You, yourself, just said the bottom-6 would be fine, right? Exactly my point.

The Kopecky and Upshall money can be used to sign a legit top-6 forward or a legit top-4 defenseman or a legit starting goaltender (all things we need).

Does that make more sense now? :help:[/QUOTE

Up shall is currently playing top 6 and u just knocked bergy down to replace kopecky so someone has to fill those voids? So icing 12 forwards doesn't matter? Lol u r so clueless I can barely argue anymore cause u r just on a different planet... We r nowhere near the cap so saving money on 3 mil kopecky is irrelevant... But still we have to fill 3 top 6 forwards spots and u say it doesn't matter? Lol wow

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Can anyone else tell me if this Eric fella is serious or just trolling and baiting me? Cause I'm hooked haha... I don't post here often just usually like to read but when someone is so far from reality I can't help myskef

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Well after my Chiefs blew that game is was nice to get a win..... and by the way I cant believe i'm saying this but I kind of agree with Erick. I like Kop but the fact is he's overpaid and very replaceable.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Can anyone else tell me if this Eric fella is serious or just trolling and baiting me? Cause I'm hooked haha... I don't post here often just usually like to read but when someone is so far from reality I can't help myskef

Well, seeing how he has been posting here for four years, over 10k times, what do you think? :shakehead And you arent instigating? Its not like your stuff is much closer to reality.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Well after my Chiefs blew that game is was nice to get a win..... and by the way I cant believe i'm saying this but I kind of agree with Erick. I like Kop but the fact is he's overpaid and very replaceable.

As others have said its not his fault he's overpaid, nor is it upshalls cambell's etc.

We all know the history why.

If the guy is giving 110% as all 3 are, we can't hang that over their heads.

Erick*

I'm having a hockey discussion. I have supported my opinions. You started the "baiting" by calling me "clueless" and saying I don't watch games or whatever.

Also, can someone tell me if this vendetta "fella" is serious with his spelling?

Erick*

As others have said its not his fault he's overpaid, nor is it upshalls cambell's etc.

I never said it was their fault. That's really not a good reason to keep them though.

I'm also not sure why Campbell was mentioned. I hope he stays.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO

In no way am I saying the season is their fault. Trust me I like guys like Kop and everybody knows my man crush on Upshall but the fact is we have overpaid these guys. That's money as Erick was saying we could use on acquiring bigger assets that we need.

By the way we also have Barch, Matthias, Winchester, Hayes, who are all hard workers who do much of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad