GDT: 1/31/13 "Airplanes" - Jets VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
What's the story on why there's an empty section in the middle of our arena again? I can't remember. Something about it being designated for businessmen or something.

Club Red. Get tickets to every event at the BAC... Cost a **** ton though. IIRC.

It will be empty for most games.

Stupid idea by Yorkman

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Club Red. Get tickets to every event at the BAC... Cost a **** ton though. IIRC.

It will be empty for most games.

Stupid idea by Yorkman

I understand the idea of the Club Red, but once again the location is just plain asinine.

IF i had the money to buy those seats I would NOT want to look at the back of the players heads. i want to see the benches and coaching staff etc...

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I understand the idea of the Club Red, but once again the location is just plain asinine.

IF i had the money to buy those seats I would NOT want to look at the back of the players heads. i want to see the benches and coaching staff etc...

I agree. Concept is ok. Location is beyond awful :shakehead

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

It's easier for Yorkmans rich friends to get to their seats that way. To move club red on the other side you would have to make them walk to the other side of the arena, and of course we don't want that.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
For those of you looking to add a little laughter to your day, visit the Luongo thread on Vancouver's board. They are SWEATING Shore. The kid is in just about every proposal. Shore is the new Bjugstad. LOL
That's nothing compared to the other Canucks website. I've been reading their posts since last summer when the Luongo rumors started and it's just crazy. Here's some copy and pasted examples, I put quotes around what they posted:

First Luongo thread page 31,

Wolves Regular

Members

308 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

"make it work with florida...
have a feeling gillis likes the package return of gudbranson or 6'5 bjugstad..get bigger and younger!
get it done gillis! hopefully florida gm caves in."

First Luongo thread page 32,

Wolves Star

Members

672 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

DeNiro, on 24 June 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

"The fourth period is now reporting that Luongo is only willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to Florida. Take it for what it's worth.

They claim that the Canucks are asking for Bjugstad, but Florida is unwilling to part wih him."

The response:

"Florida has so many Center prospects i believe MG will win this and Bjugstad will be a canuck your move tallon"

First Luongo thread page 33,

DeNiro, on 24 June 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

"I said someone they would be willing to part with. Fleischman is too critical to their offence for them to give up. We'd be just as likely to get Weiss from them, which isn't likely.

I like Matthias, but if we can get Bjugstad he's going to be a way better player. Plus it would be nice to get a top defensive prospect in Petrovic."

The response:

"Yeah definitely. I'm not saying I wouldn't want those two players, we just need a player who can help us now as well.

If we give up some of our AHL assets and NHL assets, I'm sure along with Luongo we can make a trade for Fleischmann, Matthias, Bjugstad, Petrovic & Garrison's rights.

It looks pretty big already, so maybe have to drop something, but I believe we have the assets for a big trade with Florida.

EDIT EDIT: And if we can't trade with Florida, try to meet in the middle with Toronto."

First Luongo thread page 34,

Canucks Franchise Player

Members

11,804 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Vansicle, on 24 June 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

"I hope you're right, because I have a feeling that MG ought to be getting something while the getting is good, and put the mistake that was signing Lou for 1 million years behind him so the team can focus on winning. Sometimes it's better to just pay the price for a mistake than to try to get out of it or make yourself believe it wasn't one in the first place.

MG has said that he is the problem in a deal not getting done, meaning he more or less admits he wants too much. Not that Lou isn't worth it, but that teams may be under valuing him.
And Lou is now rumored to have only approved FLA as a trade destination, which is problematic given FLA is not going to, according to several articles, part with any of their top prospects. This is a rumor and may not be true. But if it is, then negotiating from a position of strength is not an option for MG anymore."

The response:

"Gillis is still the one with two number 1 goaltenders, and we know of three teams interested that don't have one. Gillis is still in the position of strength here. By all accounts, he is willing to go into next season with both goaltenders too.

Florida said they would not be willing to part with their top prospects. I take that as Huberdeau, Gudbranson, and Kulikov. If they're not willing to part with any of their prospects, it will be hard to get any deal done.

I think Tallon and the ownership in Florida are smart enough to realize that Luongo is a star player that puts fans in the seats, and sells jersey's. That has alot of value to a team that doesn't really have anything to get their fans excited about. Plus Luongo's return to Florida would be a great story.

I think Florida is more desperate for Luongo then we are to trade him, so just sit back and wait for Tallon to pay up."

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. :help:

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Said from the get go that Luongo's value was way under his perceived value. That they still think they'll be getting quite a bit for him is funny.

He's playing well right now, but he's not gonna fetch a whole lot without accepting a salary dump or adding themselves.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I think our forwards look better than last year. We only lost Samuelson up front and added Hubs, Shore, and Mueller. If Bergie comes back, things will look pretty good, imo. Wolski and Sturm are non factors. You could put Skille on the fourth as well.

Not this season. He is out for the season with groin/hip.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Welcome. No need to be shy, jump right in and let us know how deep your Panther love goes. Watch out for the crazies....

Well, I've been a fan since opening night 93' against the pens. Before that I was a long time Islanders Fan. I was a season ticket holder for many years. I risked my life to see the cats play in Overtown so I guess I'm passionate. I'm just like most of you I'm guessing. I've been there through the good times and bad times with this team. I'm happy with the direction of the team under Dale Tallon. This season is kind of a wash to me. I didn't really expect much but I'm happy that hockey is back.

Again Thanks.

johano90

Nov 27, 2006
South Florida
Anyone who says anything resembling this wrt the Luongo situation has no idea what they are talking about:

"I think Florida is more desperate for Luongo then we are to trade him, so just sit back and wait for Tallon to pay up."

Ummm, no, Vancouver is the team w/ an absurd amount of money tied up in their goaltending duo. Given that, plus the possibility that we could be Vancouver's only dance partner in a trade, we have all the leverage. Not saying we should trade for him, but if we do, expect it to be a giant win for us. We will basically get Luongo in exchange for a bag of pucks worth a couple of million, e.g. Upshall.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I'm friendly as long as ellerby doesn't get bad mouthed, if he does i will be your worst nightmare :)

Yeah, I've read your posts. You are from Rocktown right? No worries. I like Keaton Ellerby. The guy has been through quite a bit. It's always been something. Put on weight, shoot more, bad positioning or whatever. He's a young defenceman. He needs to stay up this year and get NHL seasoning.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Anyone who says anything resembling this wrt the Luongo situation has no idea what they are talking about:

"I think Florida is more desperate for Luongo then we are to trade him, so just sit back and wait for Tallon to pay up."

Ummm, no, Vancouver is the team w/ an absurd amount of money tied up in their goaltending duo. Given that, plus the possibility that we could be Vancouver's only dance partner in a trade, we have all the leverage. Not saying we should trade for him, but if we do, expect it to be a giant win for us. We will basically get Luongo in exchange for a bag of pucks worth a couple of million, e.g. Upshall.
Mind you, that was last summer but it's been pretty much the same tone since. I'll find some more from different dates since last summer until now and post them.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Yeah, I've read your posts. You are from Rocktown right? No worries. I like Keaton Ellerby. The guy has been through quite a bit. It's always been something. Put on weight, shoot more, bad positioning or whatever. He's a young defenceman. He needs to stay up this year and get NHL seasoning.
Rochester,NY born and raised :) he gets insulted so much, ppl here said he sucked after he got a hat trick for the Amerks and they also said he shouldn't have made the AHL allstar team in 2010 :( I honestly feel really bad for him, he's gone through alot and he's a super sweet guy he doesn't deserve all the hate

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Rochester,NY born and raised :) he gets insulted so much, ppl here said he sucked after he got a hat trick for the Amerks and they also said he shouldn't have made the AHL allstar team in 2010 :( I honestly feel really bad for him, he's gone through alot and he's a super sweet guy he doesn't deserve all the hate

I like him. He's out of position at times and makes some bad passes but he's tough, hits, can skate and has a decent shot. These are little things that can be worked on. For all the hype he gets, Kulikov makes the same mistakes. He's a bit better positionally but his first pass out of the defensive zone is often picked off and he has a real problem keeping the puck in the offensive zone both on the power play and 5 on 5. It always seems to hop his stick. I keep waiting for him to fix this but it just keeps happening. Just young defencemen stuff. They can't all be Karlssons.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
I like him. He's out of position at times and makes some bad passes but he's tough, hits, can skate and has a decent shot. These are little things that can be worked on. For all the hype he gets, Kulikov makes the same mistakes. He's a bit better positionally but his first pass out of the defensive zone is often picked off and he has a real problem keeping the puck in the offensive zone both on the power play and 5 on 5. It always seems to hop his stick. I keep waiting for him to fix this but it just keeps happening. Just young defencemen stuff. They can't all be Karlssons.

yea I feel bad for him because most young players make the same mistakes and yet most of the other young players aren't being ridiculed for it while he is

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Well, I've been a fan since opening night 93' against the pens. Before that I was a long time Islanders Fan. I was a season ticket holder for many years. I risked my life to see the cats play in Overtown so I guess I'm passionate. I'm just like most of you I'm guessing. I've been there through the good times and bad times with this team. I'm happy with the direction of the team under Dale Tallon. This season is kind of a wash to me. I didn't really expect much but I'm happy that hockey is back.

Again Thanks.

Spent many a game at the collosium, but wearing the enemy jersey.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad