GDT: 1/31/13 "Airplanes" - Jets VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olax

Jun 15, 2009
tumblr_mefda0qKVZ1r4tp4e.gif

So I went to bed after the 1st, and I missed this? :rant:

I fell asleep with my laptop just after the start of the 3rd period. Woke about two hours later and still decided to watch the end of it with viaplay.

Thank god I did though!

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
Winnipeg did not look very good out there last night, but a win is a win.

Kudos to Upshall - his hit was the emotional turning point in that game (and yes, I'm aware that WIN scored after that - you had to be there)

To point out how ridiculous that call was... until Wright dropped the gloves, Upshall was about to get a double minor for a clean hit???

(I think an unexpected, rousing LGP cheer during the deliberations certainly didn't hurt matters any either. Impressive for a weekday skeleton crew in the midst of a hideous losing streak.)

I dunno if it was a clean hit, I could definitely understand there being a single penalty on it as I thought he did make contact with the head. However, I did not think it was interference as the puck was right there and hits like that are thrown all the time without a penalty being called.

Was pretty "fortunate" that he got jumped in return there, in context of the game, as a four minute penalty against us would have been tough. Although I do hope he isn't badly hurt as a result.

Frek

Dec 2, 2005
PSL, Florida
Just got done watching the game on xbox. What a game. Now we need to carry this into next week.

Sure hope Upshall isn't out long.

I'm glad they got tired/embarrassed of losing games and decided to actually go for it tonight.

With that win we are now officially not the worst team in the league, well, as long as Calgary and Washington don't get any points till Sunday anyways.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Steeger had some of 'first-half of last season' Steeger in him last night. He's real nice when he plays like that.

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
@JonathanHuberdoh

I think Kulikov played well last night. He's really picked up the physical play(Hip check on Kane being the most notable) and he was doing a great job skating with the puck in his own end. His shot is embarrassing for an NHL player. He took a wrist shot last night and missed the net by a good 7 feet. Let him get the d part of the d game down and then he can improve his shot. Improving the accuracy of your shot is probably the easiest thing to improve on so I believe the offense will come eventually. I wouldn't trade him.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Hello,
I'm new to these hockey boards. I just wanted to drop in and say hey. I'm a long time Cats Fan and reader on these forums. I've just never had the nerve to jump in until now. It's cool to see Cats Fans from all over the world and I look forward to getting to know you guys. Just go easy on me as I'm new to this and it might take a little while for me to get comfortable.

GO PANTHERS.

Welcome to the boards. Hopefully you bring a good aura and we go on a long winning streak. Not that I'm superstitious or anything...

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Winnipeg did not look very good out there last night, but a win is a win.

Kudos to Upshall - his hit was the emotional turning point in that game (and yes, I'm aware that WIN scored after that - you had to be there)

To point out how ridiculous that call was... until Wright dropped the gloves, Upshall was about to get a double minor for a clean hit???

(I think an unexpected, rousing LGP cheer during the deliberations certainly didn't hurt matters any either. Impressive for a weekday skeleton crew in the midst of a hideous losing streak.)

I stood up, turned around with AG junior, and pleaded my section to stand and cheer. And all did. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's a turning point in a game or season.

Kopescky showed once again why he wears an A and was in running for a C.
Kovalev belongs on the point where he made his home with rags and pens.
Drew shore never sees the AHL again.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Hello,
I'm new to these hockey boards. I just wanted to drop in and say hey. I'm a long time Cats Fan and reader on these forums. I've just never had the nerve to jump in until now. It's cool to see Cats Fans from all over the world and I look forward to getting to know you guys. Just go easy on me as I'm new to this and it might take a little while for me to get comfortable.

GO PANTHERS.

Welcome dude, we are all friendly here. I think all of us share a great passion for the Panthers so you will fit in well here. Hope to see you around. :)

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Any news on Upshall?

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
So with Weiss back in and Scottie Upshall out, Shawn Matthias goes to wing with Smithson and Parros on the Green No. 4 line #FlaPanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov
Kovalev and Upshall not here at practice #flapanthers

So if Kovalev plays and Weiss obviously plays our lines look like :

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Shore - Mueller
Kovalev - Goc - Kopecky
Matthias - Smithson - Parros

Its okay, it's nothing special, I think our third line could use some improving come next season, a replacement for Kovalev, and obviously a little higher talent on the first line could come handy in the future, but I think it could work. That second line could be dangerous.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So if Kovalev plays and Weiss obviously plays our lines look like :

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Shore - Mueller
Kovalev - Goc - Kopecky
Matthias - Smithson - Parros

Its okay, it's nothing special, I think our third line could use some improving come next season, a replacement for Kovalev, and obviously a little higher talent on the first line could come handy in the future, but I think it could work. That second line could be dangerous.

I think our forwards look better than last year. We only lost Samuelson up front and added Hubs, Shore, and Mueller. If Bergie comes back, things will look pretty good, imo. Wolski and Sturm are non factors. You could put Skille on the fourth as well.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I have a feeling that goals are going to start coming in bunches for that huberdeau shore mueller line. Shore has done everything but score. Seeing him play this way makes flashes of the future come to life.

Bjugstad on the first line and shore on the 2nd thats a stanley cup offense down the middle.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I have a feeling that goals are going to start coming in bunches for that huberdeau shore mueller line. Shore has done everything but score. Seeing him play this way makes flashes of the future come to life.

Bjugstad on the first line and shore on the 2nd thats a stanley cup offense down the middle.

lets not get way ahead of ourselves...

Cosmonaut

Mar 7, 2010
Florida
What's the story on why there's an empty section in the middle of our arena again? I can't remember. Something about it being designated for businessmen or something.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Hello,

GO PANTHERS.

Welcome. No need to be shy, jump right in and let us know how deep your Panther love goes. Watch out for the crazies....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad