Pre-Game Talk: 1/29/15 -- MTL vs NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is Glass playing still even after losing to the Islanders? Seriously? I have a hard time rooting for this team sometimes. Our coach is inexplicably putting a vastly inferior team on the ice compared to what he could be.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Is Glass playing still even after losing to the Islanders? Seriously? I have a hard time rooting for this team sometimes. Our coach is inexplicably putting a vastly inferior team on the ice compared to what he could be.

Looks like he's in, Miller out. From the lines this morning.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This season, I honestly not enjoying as much as I could because I go into a depression every time Glass dresses and now instead of Miller. Why?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What is he doing that's so terrible that Glass plays over him? It's mind boggling.

Only explanation could be is that Marty is still bitter over his alleged pre-season comments and he makes sure to whisper into AV's ears. Or maybe Miller could be full of himself and that angers the vets on the team.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Only explanation could be is that Marty is still bitter over his alleged pre-season comments and he makes sure to whisper into AV's ears. Or maybe Miller could be full of himself and that angers the vets on the team.

Wouldn't doubt if the latter was true. Miller has been known to have some attitude issues.

Still, Glass shouldn't even be in the ECHL, much less in the lineup over Miller or someone else.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Country Club?

But it is all pure speculation on my part.

As for the comments, I think I read it here or on BlueShirtBanter, but it was something about calling MSL a kid or something. (No media were reporting this, btw)

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009

As for the comments, I think I read it here or on BlueShirtBanter, but it was something about calling MSL a kid or something. (No media were reporting this, btw)

I'd find it very hard to believe that MSL is holding a grudge against a 21 year old kid.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Hmm that's interesting. I remember that tweet and thinking it was good Miller was probably playing with a chip on his shoulder. I assume he was probably going hard and caught someone with a borderline hit or got a stick up or something.

Marty is a pro, I couldn't see him getting AV to ice an inferior lineup simply because he doesn't like JT.

Either way it's utterly ridiculous that Glass is an everyday player in AV's eyes. Even worse is he's saying Glass has EARNED a longer leash and apparently thinks Glass has been effective.

I pray Sather can trade for another grinder who plays physical but is an effective player, that way there's no reason at all to justify Glass in the lineup (even though in today's NHL I don't think he's needed. Fast, Kreider, Miller, Girardi, Klein, Staal are all rough as it is, we don't need an ineffective player just because he sometimes lays big hits).

If JT had a chip on his shoulder, now it's probably justified. He's being sat when he's playing well, at times he's the only one in the bottom six getting any offensive chances. AV is willing to deal with Hayes and Fast and their mistakes and learning but not JT's. I'd be pissed off too if I was JT, he's played well enough to earn the right to stay in the lineup.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
I agree with Glass, but he is not the reason we lose or win hockey games

How about other guys step up

MSL has been complete ****, along with some other guys

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

So essentially it's entirely fabricated. Players get heated in practice all the time...it's remarkable how twitter blows things out of proportion these days.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Best thing about Piles loss, is that they have a chance to redeem themselves tonight, to almost an equally hated team. Tough game, but hand them a loss, and all is almost forgotten. 16-4 in last 20 should be talked about, not the latest loss.

I knew that game was a crapshoot. After ASG, it's anyone's game, they simply were better and quite honestly 4-1 looked closer than it was.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
From snyrangers:

"In talking about Tanner Glass and being physical, Alain Vigneault said on Wednesday that all of the Rangers need to finish their checks when they have a chance to do so. He added, “taking someone out of the equation is something that you have to do and its’ not just Tanner but all of our players.”

He said that this is something that the coaching staff needs to keep emphasizing to the players.

As an example of how the team can play physical, Vigneault pointed to the Rangers recent west coast trip where they out hit the Sharks, Kings and Ducks. (The Rangers outhit the Sharks (27-19) and Kings (33-24), the Ducks outhit the Rangers 26-20)"

Maybe an explanation, but who knows at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese