GDT: 1/29/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Detroit VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
1/2 on the PP made me very happy (though the last one was cut short)

And congrats to Paquette on his first hatty.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Solid win. Great game by Bishop and the young guys. Can't complain about a thing except that one painful PP.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Pretty damned dominant performance. PP Goal + PK stellar with a Dump Trick from The Dumptruck. Loved Connolly taking Quincey down and Garrison taking zero **** from Abdelkader was good too. Don't have to fight all the time, just have to make people answer for transgressions and get each others' backs.

I had misgivings about this game because I truly thought that the Wings were a better team than us. Mrazek was pretty poor tonight, two short side goals from Dumptruck tonight, leaky goal on Stamkos one timer(can't really fault him for that though). McCollum did well in relief in the 3rd although score effects definitely helped out the Wings in that regard.

Solid 4 point win.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The boys looked good tonight, Bishop with a solid game. Also i'm not a huge fan of the Detroit play-by-play announcers, Miss hearing Chiefs drunken mumbles.

Stammer looked good tonight. Games he scores he plays well, games he doesn't... well he doesn't care and doesn't show up.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Well that was fun to watch :)

Can't really say there was much to complain about besides of a handful of minor mistakes (but that's normal for any team).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yea we do, no more taking games off, elite teams don't do that as often as we have this season.

I don't think it's as simple as taking games off. We're a great home team and a terrible road team. We need to figure out how to overcome that.

Nowhere is this more evident than on the PK. Here's a stat for you:

Home PK: 89.3% (1st)
Road PK: 75.6% (25th)

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
HUGE win! Missed the third, but man was our shooting on tonight. Unreal snipes by Paquette and Barbs! I'm happy for the young guys. Also, anyone else get the vibe that Paquette could be a real playoff warrior down the road? It seems that he's got the physicality and drive.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is a great way to round of a great win.

[NHL]738022[/NHL]

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That Ben Bishop sure sucks!!!! :sarcasm:

Trade his sorry a$$...terrible - big Ben is a bottom 10 goaltender in this league!!!! About time we get rid of Stamkos...he didn't score a hat trick Trade him!!!! Drouin is a dissappointment...we could have used Jones tonight. Fire Yzerman...!!!!

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I don't think it's as simple as taking games off. We're a great home team and a terrible road team. We need to figure out how to overcome that.

Nowhere is this more evident than on the PK. Here's a stat for you:

Home PK: 89.3% (1st)
Road PK: 75.6% (25th)

Agreed but the one thing most of our loses have in common is being out worked by the other team. If you don't go balls out on every shift your often going to lose.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
One of our better games this year. :)

A big part of why it looked so good is how bad Mrazek was. The first period goals weren't necessarily bad, but pretty much all three in the second were seriously misplayed. If that game is 2-1 going into the third with ~15 shots on goal at that point, we probably have a different opinion of it.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
We don't feel embarrassed. Our free health care takes care of that.

I can't hear you over this beast breaking the sound barrier:

n3cksKX.jpg

A big part of why it looked so good is how bad Mrazek was. The first period goals weren't necessarily bad, but pretty much all three in the second were seriously misplayed. If that game is 2-1 going into the third with ~15 shots on goal at that point, we probably have a different opinion of it.

Yep. This. Mrazek wasn't exactly stellar tonight. Most of the goals that went in on him tonight were snipes, but they were save-able. But it was still a good showing tonight by the Bolts.

Oh, and put Stamkos on the circle, and what happens? Oh, a power play goal. Weird how that works.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I wonder if Marchands words sparked Paquette at all. He brushed it off, but I think I guy like Paquette feels he always has something to prove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad