QTlfmim.png

pq3lOTZ.png

RlQDYzR.png

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Starting tonight the next few weeks will tell the tale of this team

I cannot shake the feeling that wins will be scarce, which means now more than ever

Victories will be nice.

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
1st line needs to click, Detroit have that 1-2 punch on top lines that is scary.
Also on D they are probably better than us at the moment..

This one should be fun to watch (if I can stay up after my hockey practice)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
During the next 30 days we will see what this team is really made of. If we come out of it with a winning record it shows we mean business. If not... I don't even want to think about that.

Lets start this stretch with a huge win tonight!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
During the next 30 days we will see what this team is really made of. If we come out of it with a winning record it shows we mean business. If not... I don't even want to think about that.

Lets start this stretch with a huge win tonight!

Here's where we could've used those easy games as a cushion, we've already slipped into 3rd place and could easily drop to 8th with a bad stretch of games, luckily for us the bottom 8 have almost already played themselves out of the playoffs.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Detroit is a scary good team so this will be a tough one so the team better be ready to play a 60 minute game.

Here is to hoping that the PP will get going with the new changes because we are going to need it to go back on track going forward.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Here's where we could've used those easy games as a cushion, we've already slipped into 3rd place and could easily drop to 8th with a bad stretch of games, luckily for us the bottom 8 have almost already played themselves out of the playoffs.

Yep. Losing to Carolina, Buffalo, Philly and Edmonton could bite us in the ass. Tonight is as much of a must-win game as we've seen all season. We can only hope the team is butt hurt about being kicked off the top and responds like they're playing Montreal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
A line of Brown - Boyle - Connolly could be fun to see how that will do:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hoping for Cooper to finally make the following adjustments in second half of season:

1. Drouin/Stamkos/Callahan
2. Killorn/Filp/Paquette or Killorn/Filp/Connolly
3. Brown instead of Morrow
4. Nesterov instead of Barberio
5. Witkowski should not sit again and be slotted in that third pair RHD.
6. Put Hedman on #1 PP with Stammer/Kuch/TJ/Palat

Let's go Cooper...!

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Sorry boys this is the only time I root against the Lightning. The Red Army and Yzerman made me love hockey and want to play. I was a Detroit fan first, but I live local and still root for the Lightning ( versus any other opponent). I can't wait to see this game. I will be there rocking my DRW Shanahan #14 tonight. Yzerman has built something special in Tampa Bay and may the best team win.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Sorry boys this is the only time I root against the Lightning. The Red Army and Yzerman made me love hockey and want to play. I was a Detroit fan first, but I live local and still root for the Lightning ( versus any other opponent). I can't wait to see this game. I will be there rocking my DRW Shanahan #14 tonight. Yzerman has built something special in Tampa Bay and may the best team win.

You're part of the problem.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Also, am I the only one not too worried about this upcoming month? TB has always played to the competition. Which means playing down to crappy teams and losing or barely winning, but also means playing up to better teams and putting in good efforts and wins.

I for one think we not only come out of this month with a winning record for this stretch, but they become the team we all think they should be.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I think you're confused. This is GOOD news. Not your domain Brie.

You know, ever since I put â€bearer of bad news†on my profil I seem to have lost my touch, might have to remove that.

Also, am I the only one not too worried about this upcoming month? TB has always played to the competition. Which means playing down to crappy teams and losing or barely winning, but also means playing up to better teams and putting in good efforts and wins.

I for one think we not only come out of this month with a winning record for this stretch, but they become the team we all think they should be.

I can’t say that I’m not a bit worried about the upcoming but I do agree that it will be fun as well and the team sounds excited about the challange so one will just havet o listen to them and I hope to also be able to enjoy the ride because there is no denying that they have been playing really well against tougher teams (even if they haven’t always won) so it will be a good test for them.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
The time for saying the words in interviews is over. Can we start to play 60 mins in every game please.
I will be there tonight...don't let me go home disappointed.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can’t say that I’m not a bit worried about the upcoming but I do agree that it will be fun as well and the team sounds excited about the challange so one will just havet o listen to them and I hope to also be able to enjoy the ride because there is no denying that they have been playing really well against tougher teams (even if they haven’t always won) so it will be a good test for them.

They got caught with their pants down last game, by the time they woke up they were down by 2 Goals. Which was hard to recover, but they did keep the game interesting at least. A PP goal was so needed in that game, would of been the difference of winning to losing. You score a PP goal changes the momentum of the game.

This team has so much talent and potential, I see a lot of opportunity here. But they have to play a full 60 mins if they are going to win games. Also, I don't think a trade is really the answer now. Think we have a great group that can get the job done.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
giphy.gif

Yeah I definitely agree that we play to our opponents level. So I do think we'll be better off facing top teams. Our guys definitely get up for the big ones vs the Habs and Rangers, so hopefully they do tonight against the Red Wings knowing where they are above us.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We need to play our game tonight. I think we match up pretty well with Detroit because they aren't any more physical than us and we are faster. If we play our game for 60 minutes, we'll win. If not, Detroit will stomp us.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
win or lose tonight will not bother me.

the only thing that will bother me is if we don't play a full 60 mins. Its getting nearer to the end of the season, we just got embarrass by Carolina, we are playing at home and we are playing against the first place red Wings.

this should not be a game that after the game one of our players says

1) we didn't match their energy
2)they wanted the game more than us.
3) our power play and special teams let us down.
4) we woke up in the 3rd period but it was a little too late.
5) their goalie was the difference. (which would make me think why can't it be the other team that says the Lightning goalie was the difference).

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
About time we have Brown in the lineup.

Interested to watch detroit tonight. They seem to have a somewhat similar team to us in terms of letting youngsters develop and then come in and be difference makers.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
I hope the coaches take a lot of notes tonight. The players who step up in pressure games like this are the ones I want getting the minutes down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad