part11a.png
part12j.png

foot1q.png
foot2.png

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Lindback in net again.

Man, look at that injury-decimated Panthers lineup. No Weiss, Bergenheim, Goc, Gudbranson and both Versteeg and Fleischmann are ailing but probably will play.

Edit: Versteeg will play - confirmed by the Panthers official twitter account.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
:bolts Flyers beat them and we beat the Flyers so that means guaranteed loss because the Panthers always give us trouble right? Not this year! 6-1 win!

Go :bolts

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Tampa Bay is perhaps the most offensive team in the NHL? Even Hedman starting to play offensive, finally.

I like the comment from Marty St. Louis.
"I feel we're attacking, with four, sometimes five. I felt last year, we didn't have the juice or the personnel to do that. I don't think so. I like the way our team is playing, and not just what ends up on the score sheet. I'm excited the way we're playing."

I really wish Lindback all the best. ;-) Keeping goal against to 3, maximum 4 should be enogh to give the team another win?

Hopefully Lindback won't be measured only by GAA and SVPCT this season. ;-)

It's a bit funny Markström is being kept in the AHL, what are they waiting for?

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Hopefully we wont go all Islanders on them. That would be bad. These guys do give us fits. We shall see.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Wow Santorelli on first line? They are really hampered by injuries.

This is a must-win imo. Not just because it's division rival but you aren't going to get much easier points than these.

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
4 point game...FL is beaten up playing like crap...Tampa has been playing well...should be an easy game for Tampa.......

Which means we'll probably lose.:facepalm:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If we lose tonight, I am officially all in for a 'Death for Seth' movement.

Is he the number one guy next year? I dont think the Lightning will be bad enough this year to get a top pick. Plus I dont want any quit in these guys. MSL isnt getting any younger. I want to see at least one last big run with him for a cup.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
If we had the no.1 pick, I would rather take him over MacKinnon. I only saw them at the worlds jr. tournament, so I am a little biased (MacKinnon didnt look too hot in it at all to me). But I just think Jones is the more elite player. MacKinnon looks very good, but I dont think he will be a top 5 player in the league. I just think Jones has a crazy skill set and a higher ceiling and at much more difficult position.

Also, I would hope we arent competing anywhere near the bottom spot this year, especially with how good we looked so far. Should have added this to my original post :sarcasm: .

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I am confused as to the amount of doom and gloom in this thread. Is this just a thread bumped from last year?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is he the number one guy next year? I dont think the Lightning will be bad enough this year to get a top pick. Plus I dont want any quit in these guys. MSL isnt getting any younger. I want to see at least one last big run with him for a cup.

They don't have to be. Every non-playoff team now gets a weighted chance at 1st overall.

As for Jones being the first overall pick, Jones and MacKinnon were in that conversation, but sometime before the WJC, Jones seemed to take sole ownership of the distinction.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
They don't have to be. Every non-playoff team now gets a weighted chance at 1st overall.

As for Jones being the first overall pick, Jones and MacKinnon were in that conversation, but sometime before the WJC, Jones seemed to take sole ownership of the distinction.

As it stands right now according to ISS:

1. S.Jones, D
2. N.MacKinnon, C
3. J.Drouin, C/W
4. S.Barkov, C
5. S.Monahan, C

We have a bigger need to select a right-handed defenseman with legitimate size and all-around ability. Jones would be the easy pick for us. Come draft day, the #1 pick could easily come down to the drafting team's need as the top 2 are fairly close. Fortunately for us, we're in for a lengthy playoff run and won't be in contention for a weighted chance at the 1st overall pick!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I move for a complete cessation of draft talk while we're in a playoff spot, unless it's "who do you think is still going to be around when we pick 30th".

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I move for a complete cessation of draft talk while we're in a playoff spot, unless it's "who do you think is still going to be around when we pick 30th".

Tampa Bay is doing well at the moment and I think people don't want to build up their hopes to have them crushed.

Damn, I miss 'All In' sometimes.

Last edited:

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Having watched the 1st period of the one game the panthers won (it was 4-0 fl over carolina after 20 min, so I changed it), one thing the Lightning need to do is limit/block the shots of Brian Campbell. He still has a great shot, and can punish teams if they give him a shooting lane or create traffic in the slot.

Hopefully Tampa can keep their pace of play up like they did against Philly. If TB can continue winning battles for the puck and keep the great passing like last game, it should not an overly difficult game tonight. However, don't sleep on a team that is 1-4...they are going to be fighting for that second win.

Brian Lee needs to play like his 3rd pd against Philly, and not like the rest of his season. Also, a boring 2nd period is not a bad thing!

Based on nothing at all, I say the Lightning win 4-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad