GDT: 1/27/13 - 6:00PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I know we don't do this too often now but...

Can we trap it up for this one game?

Just a single period even, I want to 1-3-1 these guys.

BOUCHER1.jpg

ryansjake

FOREVER MALONE!
Mar 13, 2007
Summerland, BC

I was thinking that earlier too, it'd be fun to mess with them again. It was fun to see how angry they got over our defensive set up!

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa

We don't have to. Philly (aka owned by Comcast/Versus/NBCS who owns Philly) commentators will still say we run 1-3-1 100% of the time.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maybe Brian Lee learned the wrong lesson from honey badgers.

While it's true that they don't give a ****. It's in the context of taking what they want.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Even though Philly's D looks pretty bad on paper, keep in mind they've only allowed 1 more goal than we have. Bryzgalov is playing well for them.

This won't be an easy game. If the Lightning come out flat, they will lose.

I'm fine with Lee getting the start. He's played pretty poorly, but he needs game time to shake off that rust. He looked better in the 3rd period of the Ottawa game.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
People are focusing on their "weak on paper" defense, but their goal production has been even less stellar so far. They have a 2.4 GF/G, and that's after last night's blowout against Florida. Before they beat the Cats they were at 1.25 GF/G.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
People are focusing on their "weak on paper" defense, but their goal production has been even less stellar so far. They have a 2.4 GF/G, and that's after last night's blowout against Florida. Before they beat the Cats they were at 1.25 GF/G.

Yeah, but I would consider that an anomaly, It's only been 5 games. I expect them to rank near the top in goals/game by the end of the season. Too many offensive weapons for them not to score.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, but I would consider that an anomaly, It's only been 5 games. I expect them to rank near the top in goals/game by the end of the season. Too many offensive weapons for them not to score.

Really? They're pretty gutted now. Jagr gone, Hartnell out for awhile, no production from the blue line...

I just don't see them as a very good team at the moment. They're just too thin all around.

ryansjake

FOREVER MALONE!
Mar 13, 2007
Summerland, BC
Small sample size is small. Briere is back now too as of last game. This game will be tough, no doubt.

We've beaten them before with a full line up, If of we can stick to our fundamentals and focus on INTENSITY, then we'll be okay. Maybe asking if we can just play 3 straight third periods would help too!

Last edited:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yeah, Leighton is 4-0 in his last four starts against the Bolts, per the Philly board.

Flyers jump all over the 2nd period, that's when our guys nap.

And of course it's Philly, take them lightly at your own peril. I think there's gonna be a ton of goals scored in this one.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Really? They're pretty gutted now. Jagr gone, Hartnell out for awhile, no production from the blue line...

I just don't see them as a very good team at the moment. They're just too thin all around.

Giroux/Couturier/Schenn/Briere/Vorachek/Simmonds/Read is still a damn fine group of scoring forwards.

I'm not saying I think the Lightning will lose, I actually think this is a game we should win handily. I'm just saying their lack of goal production this season is a bit misleading.

If the Lightning take this game lightly, the Flyers have the offensive talent to put this game out of reach.

This is going to be a nice test for Lindback and our defense.

And who knows how Leighton plays, those backup goalies are always a wild card.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
As for a prediction....

I think the Lightning come out strong in the 1st, finally maintain good intensity in the 2nd period, and runaway in the 3rd.

6-2 Tampa

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Yeah, Leighton is 4-0 in his last four starts against the Bolts, per the Philly board.

Flyers jump all over the 2nd period, that's when our guys nap.

And of course it's Philly, take them lightly at your own peril. I think there's gonna be a ton of goals scored in this one.

I saw that stat, but for context's sake, I think Leighton only really played the Lightning during the OK Hockey era.

Not expecting a walkover by any means, but I do think that stat is a touch deceiving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad