GDT: 1/27/13 - 6:00PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I noticed the 1-3-1 too! Even called it out to my dad when they did it :P I was really hoping we would just stand in our zone at some point in the game to further rustle their jimmies

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I got sidetracked. I did dvr it ;) ill try to do it tomorrow :)

Anyone have the link to the YouTube video of lavioletye criticizing the 1-3-1 etc? :)

Yeah, I couldn't find a vid of Lavi saying much about it, but heres this:

Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, by contrast, gave voice to plenty of frustration. He was especially critical of Tampa Bay's sit-back-and wait, clog-the-neutral-zone style of play.

"That's not hockey in my book," Pronger said. "But whatever, the League's letting them do it. Would you pay money to watch that? I wouldn't either. That was a TV game, too. Way to showcase the product. Look at the players they've got over there."

Pronger, returning after missing six games with an eye injury, logged over 25 minutes of ice time while taking one shot and picking up two penalties.

Philadelphia coach Peter Laviolette defended the tactic his team used.

"They have a set forecheck in the neutral zone, so we have a set breakout,†he said. “As soon as we get some pressure, we'll get into our outs. If they don't want us to stand there, they should come after us. Why are they going to just stand there?"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020212

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sounds like they honestly dont think too negatively of it if they were using it in a game vs us a year later.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
I feel like we should just drop this whole 1-3-1 issue.

Lightning fans getting defensive about NOT playing the 1-3-1 has just about the same effect as other teams fans saying we DO play it.

Better to just let it go.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I feel like we should just drop this whole 1-3-1 issue.

Lightning fans getting defensive about NOT playing the 1-3-1 has just about the same effect as other teams fans saying we DO play it.

Better to just let it go.
Yeah, let's stick to the basics:

Stamkos is only good because of St. Louis.
St. Louis is only good because of Stamkos.
Conacher is only good because of St. Louis, Stamkos, Lecavalier.
Lecavalier should be bought out.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->