GDT: 1/25/18 vs. Nashville (Rage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
because of the stupid standards we’ve established for this team.

we thought it would never get this bad for us ever again at one point.

again, missing the playoffs this year will mean our longest drought since relocating from denver in 1982.

it was bound to happen at some point.

****ing spoiled child that i was.
Ok you’re drunk, let’s regroup tomorrow lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The thing with playing this whole 'but they weren't supposed to even be this good' card is no they weren't supposed to be as good as they were early in the season, but they definitely shouldn't be as bad as they've been the last month or so either. Even before this streak they'd kind of petered off into mediocrity other than the five-game winning streak that ironically preceded this spiral of death. So they're a bubble team after all but it's the worst kind of bubble team, one that was a big tease - again.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The frustrating thing is that I don't even think we've been that bad during this slide. There have only been maybe 4 games where we've been outplayed for any significant amount of time. Throw in the officiating, bad luck and injuries and it just feels like everything is against this team lately.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have to stop this against Buffalo. All star break. You hope you get Hall back.

You have to turn it around somehow right there.
Buffalo is the weakest team (LITERALLY) that we're gonna play the rest of the year. We don't have Arizona again. So we need to win, but Detroit was also one of the weaker teams we're gonna see this year and didn't beat them either. And it seems like they've only won 2 of their last handful or half a dozen games, with one of them being against us. They MraSUCK against the Flyers and he allows that brutal OT winner, they get blown open by the Blackhawks, who are playing on the second night in a row and have been in their very own death spiral for a month or more.

Just shut up and win a game already!

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean two more years of 'this' and we'll be the Sabres period. Hall will be outta here for one.
Just hypothetically speaking here, two more years of this and you have to question Shero. It shouldn't take 5 years to get a playoff berth, especially when at least two of those years (assuming we miss this year) we held a playoff spot at Thanksgiving time (don't 75%-78% of teams that are in a spot at Thanksgiving make the playoffs?) and as late as all star break in another season, where we also spent the entire season up until around the start of February in a playoff spot.

And a team like Vegas makes the playoffs in year one? Although I am skeptical that this is sustainable for them and they'll do this again next year. It does make some of the perennial loser teams (which we would undoubtedly be apart of now) look pretty bad.

Maybe Hynes is feeling the burn right now. This was the first time he went out of his way to critique the goalie play, without being asked about his goalie's performance on a particular game night. I don't think he's done that at all in almost 3 years. He's only said ''We need a save there'' after a particular game.

Reactions: mdj12784

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
The best thing Zajac can do to help the team win is say he's still hurt and retire at the end of the year.

If this losing streak continues, it's gonna start falling on Shero if he doesn't call actual offensive talent up from the AHL to help make up for losing MoJos skills and speed, and the speed of Gibbons and scoring chances he can generate with it.

Lappin and JQ make more than enough sense to try up here. I mean there's no way they can be any worse than Hayes, Zajac and Stafford or what Palms is playing like.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The best thing Zajac can to do help the team win is say he's still hurt and retire at the end of the year.

If this losing streak continues, it's gonna start falling on Shero if he doesn't call actual offensive talent up from the AHL to help make up for losing MoJos skills and speed, and the speed of Gibbons and scoring chances he can generate with it.

Lappin and JQ make more than enough sense to try up here. I mean there's no way they can be any worse than Hayes, Zajac and Stafford or what Palms is playing like.
One critique that I've had for all 3 years now and I don't know this is more Shero or more Hynes saying ''Get me this guy, I want him up, this is what we need right now!'', but they've constantly called up some of the lousiest, low skilled guys over the last couple years. Jim O'Brien, Paul Thompson, Blake Pietila got a few call ups. Obviously Boucher isn't any good, but at least he had some upside over those guys that were getting called up before him, so does JQ. I think those guys were even getting called up before Blandisi.

Oddly enough, they did call up JQ in November of last year the first time. I would rather give Lappin another whirl than Rooney or Kearns or whoever else is next in line.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rooney was absolutely fine tonight. If JQ is taking games off in the AHL I don’t want him called up.
But he also adds nothing, he doesn't really have a ceiling. He's got little skill.

I'd rather have skilled guys up and I know there's not many, but JQ has a ceiling. Rooney doesn't. JQ has a better chance of projecting to be an NHL player, even Lappin does over Rooney, Pietila, and the other guys we've called up over the last several years. Most of whom are no longer around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad