GDT: 1/25/18 vs. Nashville (Rage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't like that last goal either, but I'd give him another crack before Kinkaid.

Kinkaid this year has been as close as we've come to watching the 2013 Hedberg again. He's venturing towards it and I have no confidence in him anymore.

I have more confidence in Eddie Lack making an impression than him and Lack sucks.

Do we even know how long Cory is out for? We haven't even heard if it's long term or not.

By the way, goaltending is the reason that I gave Hynes a D grade last year and not an F. As much as I trashed him, if you noticed, I never gave him an F grade. And goaltending has been a sore spot lately.

Goaltending was not the issue tonight or in Boston.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Rage.

Beyond rage.

f*** this team and their propensity to get demoralized.

Already thinking about how I’m going to decorate the cake celebrating our longest playoff drought in New Jersey.

Seriously that f***ing bad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goaltending was not the issue tonight or in Boston.
I don't think it was the issue in the last 3 games, 2 goals scored in 9 period's of hockey is trash.

But it hasn't been as strong over the last 12 games or whatever this skid has been. Cory dropped off a bit since late December, Kinkaid has been complete trash all year long, unless you wanna get technical and count like literally 3 starts and then another one where he fell asleep in the shootout.

Appleby has been pretty solid in his limited time.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
So after the break they've got 34 games to get 40 points and 9 of those games next month include 2xPIT, 2xCBJ, and 2xPHI.

I gotta think those three are going to pour it on come February and looking to take advantage of a depleted and defeated Devils team (2 for 12). They can all smell blood in the water.

In March 2xPIT again, 2xVGK, and TBL in there somewhere. WSH again down the stretch as well. The team squandered its comfort zone in short order and the margin for error has narrowed considerably.

They look to be in trouble, just don't look like they can score a point off anyone atm.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Hopefully Santini or even Mueller for that matter gets a shot. Time to give Lovejoy a break again. He's played better at times this year in more limited minutes, but there have been a fair share of issues enough the last few games where based on the merit system this coaching staff has gone by, it's time.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rage.

Beyond rage.

**** this team and their propensity to get demoralized.

Already thinking about how I’m going to decorate the cake celebrating our longest playoff drought in New Jersey.

Seriously that ****ing bad.
This stretch is seriously reminding me of every chokejob of the last 5 or 6 years now.

Between the plummet that started around the 40%-50% pole of the 2013 season (just like where we were when it started this season), the 3-0-0 start that evaporated into being well out of the race by December of 2014, the collapse at the end of last November. The collapse in February after that poor loss to the Flyers around Valentine's Day of 2016, which sent one team in one direction and the other team in another direction.

3-0-0 is also such a f***in terrible start for us. We went 3-0-0 to start in 95-96, the one year we had the random playoff miss in the 90's and 00's. 3-0-0 to start that bullshit lockout season in 2013, 3-0-0 to start that last season that Pete was still here in the beginning. We did win the cup after a 3-0-0 start in 02-03, so there is that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully Santini or even Mueller for that matter gets a shot. Time to give Lovejoy a break again. He's played better at times this year in more limited minutes, but there have been a fair share of issues enough the last few games where based on the merit system this coaching staff has gone by, it's time.
It's almost like they're leaning on him for the veteran BS/playoff push/whatever the f***.

This is like the longest the Hynes staff has ever went without making a change on D, where we allowed at least 3 goals a game for like close to a month.

This is why he needs to go after this year, so they don't get tempted to pig out with the cookie jar laying around the room.

Buy him out, let Moore walk, upgrade with another defender and demote Greene to bottom pairing. Moore has been good, but we need to upgrade and we'd be of better use doing it at his expense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They gave up in that third period. Like tail-between-legs status.

That negated any effort they showed tonight.

I can’t believe it took me this long to get to this point this season.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long for them to short-circuit with all the **** they've had going against them in this streak. From refs/league incompetence and bad calls to injuries to hideous goaltending and bad luck at times with goalscoring, it's a lot to overcome.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I don’t think you can even say bad coaching because we have played some of our best hockey during this stretch if you subscribe heavily to advanced stats.

Team was winning when it was getting heavily corsied. It was winning when Santini and Greene were getting “caved in” as people said.

Those things aren’t happening any more and we are losing every night. I don’t know.
The past five seasons have taught me that CORSI doesn’t mean shit. There has been basically no correlation between corsi and wins/losses. In fact it seems more often than not the relationship is inverted. So I don’t buy into it at all anymore.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's almost like they're leaning on him for the veteran BS/playoff push/whatever the ****.

This is like the longest the Hynes staff has ever went without making a change on D, where we allowed at least 3 goals a game for like close to a month.

It is amazing. I guess by not making a change on D he's pretty clearly signaling he thinks the bigger problem with the GA during this stretch is goaltending. Which isn't wrong to a degree.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This stretch is seriously reminding me of every chokejob of the last 5 or 6 years now.

Between the plummet that started around the 40%-50% pole of the 2013 season (just like where we were when it started this season), the 3-0-0 start that evaporated into being well out of the race by December of 2014, the collapse at the end of last November. The collapse in February after that poor loss to the Flyers around Valentine's Day of 2016, which sent one team in one direction and the other team in another direction.

3-0-0 is also such a ****in terrible start for us. We went 3-0-0 to start in 95-96, the one year we had the random playoff miss in the 90's and 00's. 3-0-0 to start that bull**** lockout season in 2013, 3-0-0 to start that last season that Pete was still here in the beginning. We did win the cup after a 3-0-0 start in 02-03, so there is that.

Yeah I'm sure some of the guys that were around for years like Greene and Zajac (and others who haven't won at all like Taylor) are starting to get whiplash - 2013, 2016 and this year - even last year to a degree, all good starts where the team showed they were pretenders in the long run.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Honestly I'm surprised it took this long for them to short-circuit with all the **** they've had going against them in this streak. From refs/league incompetence and bad calls to injuries to hideous goaltending and bad luck at times with goalscoring, it's a lot to overcome.

oh I still believe all that was by design. it’s a miracle it took this long.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It is amazing. I guess by not making a change on D he's pretty clearly signaling he thinks the bigger problem with the GA during this stretch is goaltending. Which isn't wrong to a degree.
I never would have imagined myself saying this a few weeks ago, but I'd like to see Eddie Lack. I would pick him over Kinkaid right now. Both of them suck, but I feel like he might have the higher ceiling. He's shown one time (may have very well been a FLUKE) that he could masquerade as a starter for a short time and look good while doing it.

I wanna see what he's got when he's healthy. Not over Cory, but certainly over Kinkaid.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
ok listen i am just as upset about getting ****ed by the officials but we’re at a point now where not all of our recent losses are because of external bull****.

ten losses out of twelve.
Who said anything about all the losses. The point is it really shouldn’t be two wins out of 12 it should be more like 4 or 5. Which is not good but certainly not Arizona coyotes level bad like it seems. Not to mention, who knows how things might turn out different in some of the other losses if we didn’t get dicked around to unprecedented levels. Mentality and confidence is a huge factor.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
no the margin for error is now officially gone.
It's just about gone. We're now on pace for 96 points.

That's good enough for the playoffs, maybe 94 points will do.

We can't have another losing streak like these last two though.

We gotta start winning and FAST. And then we gotta keep winning.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Who said anything about all the losses. The point is it really shouldn’t be two wins out of 12 it should be more like 4 or 5. Which is not good but certainly not Arizona coyotes level bad like it seems. Not to mention, who knows how things might turn out different in some of the other losses if we didn’t get dicked around to unprecedented levels. Mentality and confidence is a huge factor.

because of the stupid standards we’ve established for this team.

we thought it would never get this bad for us ever again at one point.

again, missing the playoffs this year will mean our longest drought since relocating from denver in 1982.

it was bound to happen at some point.

f***ing spoiled child that i was.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I'm sure some of the guys that were around for years like Greene and Zajac (and others who haven't won at all like Taylor) are starting to get whiplash - 2013, 2016 and this year - even last year to a degree, all good starts where the team showed they were pretenders in the long run.
This is exactly why if we do indeed complete the collapse and are in first place NEXT March of 2019, I think a lot of people are gonna be on edge until that spot is officially clinched. It can be the 3rd period of a game where we can clinch and we could be up by 3 goals and some people aren't gonna be able to breathe until it's officially over.

It's just gonna be like ''Here we go again!''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad