GDT: 1/22/18 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
And it's on national TV.

Ugh.
Don't the Bolts have a knack of losing most of their nationally televised, regular season games these last few years? I have no idea what their actual record is, but I was thinking it probably isn't great. Plus, it's usually against some of the better teams in the league. At least here, the Bhawks are a "formerly" good team.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This smells like a DUPO game...

(Drink Until Passed Out)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Oh, crap! I forgot it will be televised on NBCSN. :facepalm: Now we're truly doomed!

Yup, definitely time to double fist it until face off.

For some reason we only show up for the National Anthem on National TV.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Damn! Now Strålman is expected to cover for the struggling Dotchin?? It's like Coop is thinking...another rookie having problems, let's give him to Stråls to fix! :facepalm:

Bad enough he's been asked to swap back and forth between Sergachev and Koekkoek, both of whom are having problems right now. Yes, he had one bad play himself that cost a goal two games ago, but most of his minuses lately are coming from either his d partner or the forwards missing their assignments and/or turning over the fricking puck!

Dad to four off the ice. Dad to three on the ice... he's gonna need a bigger minivan. :laugh:

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Where is all this Dotchin hate coming from. You guys must be watching a different team. If you are going to send a pair out against the other teams top line, at the moment it is Stralman,-Dotchin. Sure isn’t Coburn, Serg, Sustr, Girardi, KK.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Where is all this Dotchin hate coming from. You guys must be watching a different team. If you are going to send a pair out against the other teams top line, at the moment it is Stralman,-Dotchin. Sure isn’t Coburn, Serg, Sustr, Girardi, KK.

It's not so much hate as it is a reflection of how Dotchin has been playing recently and especially since Hedman went down. During the last five games or so, all of the rookies have been struggling. I'm also hesitant about the Strålman/Dotchin pairing because it puts Stråls on his off side which is always tricky for anyone who isn't Coburn. :)

Now, from a sheer physicality point of view, yes, Dotchin gives the top pairing a some grit, if (and it's a BIG if) he doesn't take stupid penalties and if he plays like he did during the game after he was benched. We'll see shortly.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Game Plan:

Emmett_s_Plan.gif

Win.
#yzerplan
New lines, guess it's worth a try:

Hopefully adding some new hungry bodies from the A will give us a little boost.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
It's not so much hate as it is a reflection of how Dotchin has been playing recently and especially since Hedman went down. During the last five games or so, all of the rookies have been struggling. I'm also hesitant about the Strålman/Dotchin pairing because it puts Stråls on his off side which is always tricky for anyone who isn't Coburn. :)

Now, from a sheer physicality point of view, yes, Dotchin gives the top pairing a some grit, if (and it's a BIG if) he doesn't take stupid penalties and if he plays like he did during the game after he was benched. We'll see shortly.
Dotchin is a defensive defensemen. Most physical Dman we have, without Hedman, best in front of the net. Skates well enough. Can get a hard shot on net. Yes, he should be a second or third pair guy. But at the moment, it is what it is. Everyone complains every time he makes a mistake or gets beat, without factoring in that he is out there against the top lines. Put any of those others guys out against the top lines and see what happens. I’m not saying he is a legit top pairing Dman, but I don’t get this whipping boy status.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Two teams that have been struggling a lot lately, wonder how this will go.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Granted it was against Seabrook who isn't the fastest guy in the in the world but still, very impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad