GDT: 1/22/18 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Good comeback for Vasy and for the whole team. Hopefully it was just a bad slump and he geta back on track.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Wouldn't have won without Vasy tonight. He didn't look like 3GAA-ILEVSKY out there.

Forwards need to get it together. They played the third how they should every shift. We cant take 40 minutes off and expect that defense to make it easy on Vasy.

91 and 86 need to be found. 17 needs to be benched. That is all.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
NHL Live says Kunitz goal shouldn't have counted...hand pass.

Man, they just hate us. LOL.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Analysts can say what they want about this current hawks team, but Chicago is still Chicago. That was an entertaining and hard fought win. Big 2 points before having to step into Nashville tomorrow. Vasy was as solid as he's been all year. The pk also had themselves a night. Pats on the back to those guys. Of the forwards the Point line was the most dangerous, but tip your hat to Glass. Tough night where goals were hard to come by.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Are they talking about the play right in the beginning of this clip?

Because that's in the defensive zone and a hand pass there won't stop the play.

Only within the dzone. You can't hand pass from the dzone to the neutral zone.

Not a big deal. Missed call but a minor one all things considered.

Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Only within the dzone. You can't hand pass from the dzone to the neutral zone.

Not a big deal. Missed call but a minor one all things considered.
Gotcha.

As you said, not that big of a deal and certainly not something I'd get very pissed about even if the sides were switched.

Reactions: J T Money

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Big win, much needed. Really not a fan of the Stamkos line constructed by Cooper. Hope he mixes that up and gets Gurode into the top 6.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Great game by Vasy. We weren't great defensively but Vasy sure was back in the zone. Also liked what I saw from Peca. Bournival was as meh as he has always been. Didn't stand out in any way but wasn't awful either.

Can we please scratch Killorn? He's absolutely useless. Couldn't clear the puck to save his life and was just all around bad. I don't know why Yzerman thought it was a good decision to give him a 7 year contract. You don't hand those kinds of deals to middle six players.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Great game by Vasy. We weren't great defensively but Vasy sure was back in the zone. Also liked what I saw from Peca. Bournival was as meh as he has always been. Didn't stand out in any way but wasn't awful either.

Can we please scratch Killorn? He's absolutely useless. Couldn't clear the puck to save his life and was just all around bad. I don't know why Yzerman thought it was a good decision to give him a 7 year contract. You don't hand those kinds of deals to middle six players.
So a) I agree Vasi played well. Tracked the puck well, which he hasn't been doing recently.

But this reminds me a lot of that Columbus shutout earlier in the season where the BJs had 43 shots. Outside of Duclair's breakaway and that 2-1 in the first, I can't think of a single grade-A scoring chance all game for the Blackhawks. Vasi could see everything. There were no screen shots. No mad goalmouth scrambles. No cross-ice passes (outside of the aforementioned 2-1). I thought our D played pretty well without the puck. There were some turnover issues absolutely (Sustr had a shift where he gave up the puck about 4 times), but they never resulted in breakdowns. This is one of those games where the shot clock doesn't really reflect how the game was played. Chicago had a territorial edge, sure - but I would be shocked if the scoring chances were tilted far in their favor.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Pretty good team effort last night. I think the urgency was there, which is encouraging. Even Killorn looked like he cared on a couple shifts. Not much though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad