GDT: 1/22/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
So I WAS trying to read too much into it. I thought that there was supposed to be more to the video, because it was so long. I recognized the characters, but not the music. Thought it may be some inside HFBoards thing that I did not know about.

No just me unleashing my inner nerd.

Can't tell if serious, but I'll bite. It only says "Final Fantasy...Victory Fanfare..." as the title, what could that video possibly be of? That was incredibly rude.

I am pretty sure L4 was not being serious when lambasting me and had tounge planted firmly in cheek.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I'd agree. He has gotten the points but looks little slow and/or lacking that extra kick/drive. Well this is tough grind season, he can take it easy some games.. better than losing him. Maybe he has small injury.

Also worth noting, this (last off season+ lock-out) is probably the longest he has gone without playing, since he started playing. I admittedly do not know much about his earlier hockey years. I am guessing that it will just take him a little while to get going again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's been solid so far. I believe he's played the most minutes for us too.

He's solid on both sides of the ice, eats a lot of minutes and he's quietly picking up the assists (2 in 3 games so far).

His biggest flaw is probably his weak shot.

Yeah, I've liked Carle a lot so far. Poised with the puck, and hasn't made any bad decisions so far.

The last one will really shock people back in Philly. :laugh: We could use him back, but few will admit that.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Can't tell if serious, but I'll bite. It only says "Final Fantasy...Victory Fanfare..." as the title, what could that video possibly be of? That was incredibly rude.

It is on a hockey forum. I thought we may see some highlights or something. I really think the guy/gal was joking.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
24 hours until the blackout is lifted and I can finally watch this one! Looking at Premier Sport's schedule for the next week the Lightning aren't featured so none of this inconvenience.

I could watch the condensed game or highlights but I want to wait.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought so too. I dont think Lindback has played bad or anything. He does need to get some experience. I dont mind giving him the start. Its not a bad problem to have if they both continue to play like they have.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
If Lindback is our starter, let him be our starter. I like this move.

Doesn't Garon typically play better as a back-up?

I don't know much about Lindback. Rebound control seemed pretty bad 1st game.. I did not see the 2nd game but it sounded like he corrected it. To those of you who may know more about him, do you think he is our guy, or just a temporary solution?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I don't know much about Lindback. Rebound control seemed pretty bad 1st game.. I did not see the 2nd game but it sounded like he corrected it. To those of you who may know more about him, do you think he is our guy, or just a temporary solution?

World class door opener.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

He has the ability to be a #1. Obviously only saw him two games, but I feel good with him in net.

My analysis of our three game season so far is this... Our forwards are still elite, and among the best top sixes in the league. Our D is solid, but not world-beaters, and our goalie is good, but not going to win a Vezina. With a hot goalie in the playoffs and good production, anything can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad