Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Boucher with the media before yesterday's game

https://soundcloud.com/tblightning/boucher-with-media-1-21-13

Boucher on Aulie
"He played terrific the first game. He hit everybody, he was solid, he had great stick on puck to prevent a lot of the plays that were coming back to the front of the net, and what really improved I find is his handling the puck during his movements. He's a huge guy. I'm one of the guys who vouched for him when he was a possibility for a trade. I had him with team Canada at the under 20. Him and Tyler Myers were our top pair against the top players in the world, who he's eventually gonna meet again now, and we think he's going to grow into this tower that's going to be extremely hard to play against."
On Aulie playing for Norfolk at the end of last season:
"It helps all of them. When players come here at a young age, they're just trying to survive, and when you're trying to survive, sometimes you don't grow. You're just trying to save face and just trying to get on instead of building, evolving, instead of adding on the attributes that you need to be successful and consistent at this level. So when you go down to the American league, it's a development league...here it's not a development league at all. It's a winning league. You win, you're in and if you lose you're out, and you don't have time for that. So for those guys, Connolly right now, that's the reason why he's down there. He can play with us, but right now he's getting the opportunity to learn things at this level that are a lot more difficult...and the pace of the game is so fast it's hard to get confidence from that."
On starting goaltender against Carolina:
"To be honest we've thought of different scenarios but today it's a 1:00 game so it kind of changes things so we'll see what kind of game we got today and ... it is a major possibility that Garon plays tomorrow [today] but I can change my mind, I've been known to do that."
On Hedman taking pp time from Bergeron
"Heddy has to see some power play time. He's a young guy that we have to groom and as much as Bergeron is a power play guy you have to give Heddy some time if you want him to improve on it. He's not this young guy anymore, this puppy. He's this solid player right now that we can give some of the time on the ice and some of the pressure and I think he can take it."
On Bergeron's low ice time
"No it was just we saw so much out of Aulie. It's less about Bergeron than it is about Aulie."

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
:bolts Really need to show up for the entire game today. If let the Canes get the jump on them like they did the Islanders, there will be no comeback.

I think they know what needs to be done. 5-2 win :yo:

Go :bolts

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
:bolts Really need to show up for the entire game today. If let the Canes get the jump on them like they did the Islanders, there will be no comeback.

I think they know what needs to be done. 5-2 win :yo:

Go :bolts
5-2 win would be nice, but realistically I'm betting on another loss. Ass-end of a back-to-back when only three players appear to be in game shape.

That's also what I'm waiting to see with Conacher too. Once everyone else is at game speed and fitness how will he look in comparison.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we start flat, we may be in trouble. Still, I think we can take this. INTENSITY!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I'm expecting good things today after a poor display yesterday. I think Guy will have successfully addressed the issues and will inspire the troops to rebound. Happy to see Mikkelson get a go in the line-up too. Let's go Bolts!

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Unfortunately due to Premier Sports showing it, this game is blacked out for 48 hours in the UK.

Hopefully Garon can keep Semin and co at bay.

Perform like we did against the Caps and the 3rd last night and we'll be ok. Less needless penalties is a must.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
I'm glad to see Brian Lee out of the lineup, he lacks desire to win.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What's wrong with ****ing gamecenter?

In Spain there's not NHL coverage and I keep getting in many games the annoying blackout restriction, for example in tonights game...

Sent an email

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Unfortunately due to Premier Sports showing it, this game is blacked out for 48 hours in the UK.

What's wrong with ****ing gamecenter?

In Spain there's not NHL coverage and I keep getting in many games the annoying blackout restriction, for example in tonights game...

Sent an email
At which particular step do you get these restrictions? I haven't had any trouble so far here in Germany.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I got the impression that Boucher was talking about when they traded Ashton FOR Aulie, not that they were going to trade him since. Maybe I'm wrong? Seems weird that they would have looked to trade him so quickly.
I got the same impression.

Then again, maybe Yzerman wanted even more 2012 draft picks. Get all the picks!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I got the impression that Boucher was talking about when they traded Ashton FOR Aulie, not that they were going to trade him since. Maybe I'm wrong? Seems weird that they would have looked to trade him so quickly.

Makes a little more sense I suppose ha. I guess "vouch," to me, gave the connotation that Aulie was in trouble :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad