GDT: 1/21 Game 46: Vancouver at BRUINS 7 PM ET | NESN, SN-P, SN-E, SN360, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
KTFOSEDIN.gif

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
What we have noticed over the years (with Brad) is that he has calmed down but is still a bit feisty (which I like)

He seems to look over the other team before the game and pick a target. IF a player let's Brad get under their skin he bugs them all game (the Sedins for example) but if they just laugh at him he laughs with them and leaves them alone ( a couple of years ago he would puff out his cheeks every time he was near Big Buff because Dustin was overweight....Buff just laughed at Brad )

I am looking forward to what Marchy has in store for the twins tonight. I hope Brad scores a bunch of goals. ;)

I've seen Hartnell laugh at Marchand too. He gets it.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Edzo was apoplectic over that. "That's gotta be a penalty!" :laugh:

Screw Edzo and his "Right . . . . there!" when Bergy supposedly "punched" the puck in the net on his shorty. Edzo was so blinded, he was the only one in the world who saw the "there" there. When the refs ruled it a goal, you'd have thought someone shot his dog.

Worst color guy ever!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
To this day I don't understand WTH Sedin was thinking. You don't have to drop the gloves. You don't have to fight. You don't have to take a penalty. Just lift your hand, place it on Marchand's chest and PUSH HIM AWAY!

Hell, I'm old enough to be Brad's mother and I would have slapped him upside the head! :laugh:

Sedin was trying to draw a penalty. IIRC Vancouver's PP was lethal, especially in comparison with the Bruins' PP at that time. Not that I would have been worried, our PK during the playoffs was superb.

Instead Sedin got owned by that little puke Marchand. What an embarassment. :shakehead

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Screw Eszo and his "Right . . . . there!" when Bergy supposedly "punched" the puck in the net on his shorty. Edzo was so blinded, he was the only one in the world who saw the "there" there. When the refs ruled it a goal, you'd have thought someone shot his dog.

Worst color guy ever!

"That's a distinct punching motion!" :laugh:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Screw Edzo and his "Right . . . . there!" when Bergy supposedly "punched" the puck in the net on his shorty. Edzo was so blinded, he was the only one in the world who saw the "there" there. When the refs ruled it a goal, you'd have thought someone shot his dog.

Worst color guy ever!

He just wants to provide his wealth of knowledge to "all you young hockey players out there".

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH

Worst color guy ever!

I didn't think about it too much before that series, but his blatant hate for the Bruins made me despise him. It wasn't even hidden a little bit : he didn't like the Bruins.

Then to hear him cover the Winter Classic just chapped my ass some more.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Sedin was trying to draw a penalty. IIRC Vancouver's PP was lethal, especially in comparison with the Bruins' PP at that time. Not that I would have been worried, our PK during the playoffs was superb.

Instead Sedin got owned by that little puke Marchand. What an embarassment. :shakehead

If that's his excuse, then it's as lame as his actions. That incident was at 18:29 in a 5-2 blowout. Did he really think they were going to score 3 goals in a minute and a half just because he drew a roughing on Marchy? That game was over, which is why it was message sending time, and the only message Sedin sent was "I have no guts!"

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
"That's a distinct punching motion!" :laugh:

I'd like to show him a "distinct punching motion"!

And I don't get the love for Doc Emerick either. I get it that he looks like someone's grandpa, but the guy flat out sucks. Even if he got the names right (which half the time he doesn't), his play-by-play makes me want to shove a knitting needle in each ear.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If that's his excuse, then it's as lame as his actions. That incident was at 18:29 in a 5-2 blowout. Did he really think they were going to score 3 goals in a minute and a half just because he drew a roughing on Marchy? That game was over, which is why it was message sending time, and the only message Sedin sent was "I have no guts!"

Exactly!!! :nod:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Vancouver fans used that in their defense of Sedin, but there's one big problem - there was 1:30 left and the Bruins were leading 5-2. The Rocket Richard Canadiens weren't going to score three PP goals in 1:30 on that Bruins team.

Sedin just didn't know how to react to someone being so blatantly disrespectful. He was like a king being kicked by a peasant - he had no clue.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
To this day I don't understand WTH Sedin was thinking. You don't have to drop the gloves. You don't have to fight. You don't have to take a penalty. Just lift your hand, place it on Marchand's chest and PUSH HIM AWAY!

Hell, I'm old enough to be Brad's mother and I would have slapped him upside the head! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: :yo:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
from Twitter it sounds like he's not playing...He's using every excuse in the book about why not to suit up...

I just got an NHL notification that he's game time for what it's worth.

My gut says he does the warm up but doesn't play until Saturday.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
He just wants to provide his wealth of knowledge to "all you young hockey players out there".

I used to love when Derek would start out a comment with "All you young hockey players out there . . . " You never knew if he was going to say something like "Keep two hands on your stick and good things happen." or "If a guy takes liberties like that, you gotta give him a few pops in the Chicklets!"

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad