GDT: 1/21 Game 46: Vancouver at BRUINS 7 PM ET | NESN, SN-P, SN-E, SN360, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We didn't lose to the British and we're not gonna lose to British Columbia

CZP11xyWAAA1FBH.jpg:large

12373149_10207435808706109_8165884347411791459_n.jpg

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1453340481000

Tonight's Officials
Referees Steve Kozari (40), Greg Kimmerly (18)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Derek Nansen (70)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

MEDIA

US

nesn-story-logo.png

CANADA

CZPjcgnWwAAbCug.png:large

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Canucks tonight in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Canucks’ lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 24-16-5 overall and are 10-11-2 on home ice … They are 3-1-3 vs. Pacific Division teams and are 5-6-3 vs. Western Conference opponents.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

- Tuukka Rask’s next game will be the 300th of his NHL career.

BOSTON vs. VANCOUVER, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Canucks are meeting for the 115th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 70-28-15-1 record and 451-317 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 40-9-7-1 in their 57 home games of this lifetime series with a 228-134 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games overall vs. the Canucks, including a 4-0 win in Vancouver on Dec. 5 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They are 3-2-1 in their last 6 home games vs. Vancouver with the Canucks taking the last game between these teams in Boston by a 2-1 score on Feb. 24th of last season.

Streams/Proxies – (UPDATED 10/17/15) Per site admins: "Links to illegal streams may not be posted. The forums may not be used to solicit links to streams." Because of DMCA issues this policy covers all threads, including gameday threads. We do not permit any discussion of illegal streaming services or proxy use whatsoever.

318624_2379180671641_419179283_n.jpg

Last edited:

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
I watched Florida game the other night and Gundbrasson right away beat the snot out of Hendricks for his hit.We going to see Prust answer for spear ?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I watched Florida game the other night and Gundbrasson right away beat the snot out of Hendricks for his hit.We going to see Prust answer for spear ?

The only guy that could hold his own Vs. Prust is Randell. Vancouver has Prust and Dorsett out there stirring up **** so we should be putting out Rinaldo and Randell.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Just so you guys know there's a good chance Prust doesn't play tomorrow.

Apparently he threw a fit, after being told on Monday that he was scratched for Tuesday's game against the Rangers refusing to talk to reporters and storming out of the building after practice. Apparently he later had meeting with WD and the next day he was put in the line up over rookie Virtanean who was outplaying him . After he plays one of the worst games he has ever played (which is saying a lot) Linden and Management seemed very pissed and there's a good chance Prust has played his last game as a Canuck and should be the last game of his career. He just can't skate anymore.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
5 - 1 Bruins. British Columbia be damned. Connolly finally pots one that isnt an enpty netter. Pasta with one. Krejci with 1, Krug bomb and im gonna go off the board and say Rino gets one here. Lets go Bs!

Last edited:

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

Apparently he threw a fit, after being told on Monday that he was scratched for Tuesday's game against the Rangers refusing to talk to reporters and storming out of the building after practice. Apparently he later had meeting with WD and the next day he was put in the line up over rookie Virtanean who was outplaying him . After he plays one of the worst games he has ever played (which is saying a lot) Linden and Management seemed very pissed and there's a good chance Prust has played his last game as a Canuck and should be the last game of his career. He just can't skate anymore.

If Prust doesn't play it's the Boston flu, that's all. Chicken****.

First game of the season for me tonight, looking forward to it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this is a big game.
a chance to get a top3 spot in the division.

hopefully we get 4 pts these next 2

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Ever since the guy left New York, he's turned into a complete clown.

Black and Gold 84

Sep 16, 2015

I miss this mini rivalry. For a solid year it was on par or more hateful than the Montreal rivalry.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I miss this mini rivalry. For a solid year it was on par or more hateful than the Montreal rivalry.

I consider the main rivals of the Bruins the Canadiens and the Canucks. Obviously, the one with the Habs has been going on a lot longer, but it's still tough for me to not hate the Canucks just as much...considering Hansen and Burrows are still on the team.

A chance to beat Montreal and Vancouver back to back games is a pretty great opportunity.

Get it done boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black and Gold 84

Sep 16, 2015
I consider the main rivals of the Bruins the Canadiens and the Canucks. Obviously, the one with the Habs has been going on a lot longer, but it's still tough for me to not hate the Canucks just as much...considering Hansen and Burrows are still on the team.

A chance to beat Montreal and Vancouver back to back games is a pretty great opportunity.

Get it done boys.

Its not even close to what it was. I think after 2013/14 season when we went up there for the first time since raising the cup (If I'm correct I could be wrong) and Marchand was kissing the ring the hatred has gone down. I mean with Prust and Dorsett on that team it makes them hate-able but I would hate those guys on any other team. But here's to hoping for a line brawl :popcorn:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Its not even close to what it was. I think after 2013/14 season when we went up there for the first time since raising the cup (If I'm correct I could be wrong) and Marchand was kissing the ring the hatred has gone down. I mean with Prust and Dorsett on that team it makes them hate-able but I would hate those guys on any other team. But here's to hoping for a line brawl :popcorn:

That was January of 2012, the season after the Cup. And I disagree with you, that team and its fan base still think the Bruins stole their birthright, not to mention the Bruins broke them as a contender. Those types of wounds fester and spread.

Black and Gold 84

Sep 16, 2015
That was January of 2012, the season after the Cup. And I disagree with you, that team and its fan base still think the Bruins stole their birthright, not to mention the Bruins broke them as a contender. Those types of wounds fester and spread.

Sorry it was December 2013 of the 2013-2014 season is what I meant when Marchand was skating around kissing the ring the first time back in Vancouver. And I don't know of the Canucks fans ********. Are Nucks fans on here still complaining? I don't see it. And Since I don't live near Vancouver I wouldn't know. Again, I miss those days that was a fun time to be a Bruins fan. But my hatred for them has definitely dissipated from 2011-2012.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Randell.

Randell needs to dress tonight, I don't care who he plays for, just put him in to handle Prust or Dorsett, whoever.

Last edited:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I really enjoy getting to watch west coast teams and still get to bed at a reasonable time

( i'm 51 and yes I feel old after typing that )

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't take the Canucks seriously as a rival. Not after beating them for the Cup & watching the organization and fan base implode afterwards.

Being part of a rivalry means there is intensity between the two teams, both are unusually determined to defeat the other. The Nucks do not scream intensity or unusual determination to me. They are a shell of their former selves. They've never recovered from the 2011 Cup Final defeat and there aren't many signs that that will change anytime soon.

Too bad, so sad. Next!

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Ever since the guy left New York, he's turned into a complete clown.

When he was in calgary I was a huge advocate to get him in a bruins jersey..

He played a tough game and could pot a few.

Now he is a shadow of himself.

Odd how guys like Laraque, Prust, etc can put on that toilet seat jersey and suddenly have no clue what brought them to the nhl.

Anyway, big game tonight, we could use a real solid home effort and get on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad