GDT: 1/21/17 - Wild vs. Ducks - 8:00 PM - Hockey Day Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Love the sieve chant!

Professional goalies most likely aren't going to be affected by anything the crowd does, but I think it's fun to get the fans involved.

Heck, I didn't even let it get to me in high school.

Maybe I just feel bad for the goalie because I've been there lol

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont like the sieve chant , i prefer to only bark at a mean / dirty player. hey spectacular comeback! they said the ducklings were 17-0-1 when leading in the 3rd. good to see haula back on track. remember when a few posters last year thought zucker was done? guess not. he just needed the right linemates. thx to BB hes back!

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
I like Let's Go Crazy because it's unique. Something you don't hear in any other arena, unlike Crowd Chant.

Exactly.

It ran its course 2 years ago. Not to mention a lot of other arenas play it at random times and I think Islanders still have it as a goal song.

I still want the Ode to Joy when we score, though!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I like Let's Go Crazy because it's unique. Something you don't hear in any other arena, unlike Crowd Chant.

Just got home from the game...hell of a game it was! Zucker was simply amazing tonight! I love having all the kids producing! Amazing team!

Let's Go Crazy might become our Chelsea Dagger, a song our opponents get absolutely sick of hearing like opponents of Chicago when they light up the scoreboard in bunches!

On Wild fan line on the radio they said Carlyle didn't pull his goalie partly because he was sick of hearing Let's Go Crazy....obviously an exaggeration, was actually because he was sending a message to his team about how he thought they played like crap at the end, but with the unique to Minnesota song, you know it can get grating on our opponents quick!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Never thought we'd be Top 3 in GF with Parise and Poms playing way below the bar. Imagine if one of them found their game.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
After Jason Zucker scored a breakaway goal 5:03 into the second period Saturday night to cut the Wild’s deficit to the Anaheim Ducks to 3-2, I looked down at the far net and saw Devan Dubnyk bent over and staring at the blue paint in front of him for what felt like 30 seconds.

You could almost see him getting zoned in.

From Russo

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I went to sleep after Perry's goal.. Woke up to see that we won 5-3.

This ****ing team.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

This ****ing team.

Yeah, this is the year where you don't do Yeozing, meaning stop watching if the opponent scores first or goes up by two goals. They'll just come back and win.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
I'm going to the game tomorrow. Hopefully the boys have some energy in the tank for tomorrow and I don't see a snoozer. The 4th line hardly played at all tonight, Gabriel at 4:53, Pommer didn't hit 9 minutes, and Schroeder was around 7 minutes I think. A lot of forwards around 20 minutes, with Suter and Spurgeon both around 28.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Incredible. More than two periods of choppy hockey. Maybe because it's Ducks, they can muscle Wild out and slow the pace of the game, maybe bad ice too, dunno? But it didn't look very fresh. Some nasty goals allowed too.

Then, three two?? minutes of annihilation. And in the end they've got a standing, roaring crowd.. That was a Hockey Day!

PS. Laughed so hard when Dumba made that Vatanen impersonation in the end, just standing with the puck. Swagger.

Last edited:

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014

This ****ing team.

At least we now know, why this game got turned around.;)

Les Habs have your trading rights...I guess the HFDucks might be interested.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Just watched the highlights. After they went up 3-1, I didn't think we'd come back. Not this time, as the goals looked very sloppy and our defensive coverage atrocious.

How wrong I was. I ****ing love this team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, this is the year where you don't do Yeozing, meaning stop watching if the opponent scores first or goes up by two goals. They'll just come back and win.

As in, " I feel Yeozy after a big Turkey dinner?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad