GDT: 1/20: Bruins vs. LA Kings 3pm ET NESN 100.7 WZLX

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Brad had what i thought his best game of year vs hawks... he took it up to another level again.

Good to see Brad back!!!

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Marchand when at his nastiest is a dominant little player. One of my favorites since the Vancouver series during the cup run.

You can't recreate synthetically the dynamics between he and Patrice, it is something special.

Also hugely impressed with Kevan Miller who imo played outstanding today.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Then I literally don't know what you are watching. Are we talking about the same hit? I am talking about the dirty one on Marchand. The guy's right leg is clearly extended.

That was a very dirty hit.

If Brad had been the one doing the hitting it would have been called for more than two.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
couldn't post during the game but a very good one once again. Miller really stood out today. I was very worried Krug may have been injured on that hit. Loved Lucic' response to it as well. Great overall game today

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The guy is also in ridiculous shape. Isn't he the one in training camp that matched Chara in pull-ups? The durability factor to his game is something we could really use with the defense being a revolving door these days. This guy was built for strong hockey.
I think he was! The dude looks like a mini beast in training. I hope he gets more physical in the coming games because it was great to watch.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Its been open season on Bruins ever since the whiners in Pitt, MTL and Vancouver have cried and cried to the league. Makes me happy we have Shawn Thornton to discourage that lol

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Remember when Marchand was really fighting it and some were all over him?

Things change.

I try to keep this kinda thing in mind when thinking about Rask.

Heck, I remember for a decent stretch last regular season, Boychuk looked like he forgot how to play hockey. He fought his way back...

I expect the same from Rask.

But back to Marchand...man, I'm glad to see him doing so well. I was worried Chia might get a little trigger happy with him for a while there. It's a relief. That guy is an integral component of the team...even when he's not ripping it up in the scoring department...

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Loved Millar and his HUGE hits.

Loved Krug. Loved that the Kings targeted him with 3 big hits, 2 of which were just Prior to him scoring. The shot selection wasn't great. But i think Krug decided that he was going to score on that shift.

MarchAND. what more to say. He is a CORE player on this team. The best pest in the league and the most underrated one on one player in the league. You DON"T trade players like this.

the one eyed Johnson doing what good back ups are supposed to do.

Like how Lucic went after Nolan.

When Kelly comes back this team will be crazy deep... just missing a top 3 Dman.

Dom tweeted earlier today that the Bruins have been better vs the west than the east.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
More amazing than Brad Marchand's skill is how refs allow him to take an absolute beating night after night. There's a blatant non-call against him nightly.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Maybe this Johnson guy is not just a backup goalie good game. Miller and Krug nice job on defense.
PS Brad looks to finding himself some great highlight goals.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Maybe this Johnson guy is not just a backup goalie good game. Miller and Krug nice job on defense.
PS Brad looks to finding himself some great highlight goals.

It's clear that the goalie coach has been working with Chad. He has improved several things quite a bit in his latest starts:

1) His lateral movement on potential wrap arounds has been much quicker. He's not messing around any more when then puck carrier has the puck behind the net. Much better awareness.

2) He has been more aggressive. He was driving me nuts with his settling so deep into the crease and not being aggressive with his positioning or with his stick. It has been night and day with Chad in this regard. I think this might be a matter of being more confident in his judgement.

3) Obviously he is doing a better job of cutting down the angles, which takes away more net for the opposition. He seems to be anticipating passes better and getting where he needs to be.

It's not as if he was bad before his recent games, but he has improved in the three areas I listed above, which makes me more confident when he is in net. It's encouraging to see that he can improve. I hope he sustains the gains he has made and keeps on keeping on.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
It's awesome to see Marchand continue his hot streak. Hope it continues through the postseason.
Loved what I saw out of Miller. Solid defensive play, and he's not afraid to make big hits.
What the hell was up with Brown putting him in the figure-4 leg lock after those? The first was a subtle trip, but the second was obvious interference. (the WWE would have made him release that :laugh:) How is that not a penalty? Do they just not call that after a hit?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Remember when Marchand was really fighting it and some were all over him?

Things change.

I try to keep this kinda thing in mind when thinking about Rask.

Heck, I remember for a decent stretch last regular season, Boychuk looked like he forgot how to play hockey. He fought his way back...

I expect the same from Rask.

But back to Marchand...man, I'm glad to see him doing so well. I was worried Chia might get a little trigger happy with him for a while there. It's a relief. That guy is an integral component of the team...even when he's not ripping it up in the scoring department...

It's truly puzzling how some people rip on a player (or players) and even call for trades when they go through rough patches. I mean, almost every player in the NHL goes through cold and hot streaks. That's why good teams feature depth - when one player, or a line, struggles, others step up. That's hockey.

Earlier this year, Marchand (and to a lesser degree, Bergeron) struggled, and the Krejci line stepped up. Now their roles are reversed, and like clockwork, some here are ripping on Krejci's line. And so it goes.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

That hit was dirty. We all know if a Bruin did it there would be a 30 page topic about it 5 seconds after it happened. :laugh:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
More amazing than Brad Marchand's skill is how refs allow him to take an absolute beating night after night. There's a blatant non-call against him nightly.

yup. but if it pisses us off, imagine what its doing to marchy? I think it makes him play better.
the guy is on fire right now, finally stopped trying to play like datsyuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad