GDT: 1/2/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Winnipeg

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We absolutely are not making the playoffs not unless JBB gets at least 2 nhl defenseman in trades but we have no assets the well is dry
No it's not, and there are guys out there better than De Haan, Myers and Fleury(prolly Raddysb as well) that could be acquired. Whether JBB does so in time is another story though.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
LETS STAMKOS TAKE SLAPPERS FROM THE POINT!

Either they get through or the D has to feels some pain.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No it's not, and there are guys out there better than De Haan, Myers and Fleury(prolly Raddysb as well) that could be acquired. Whether JBB does so in time is another story though.
I remember JBB paid Myers a one way nhl contract lol 😂 that’s the gm your talking about finding defense lol 😂

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This is why you don't hire your friends. Does Cooper have the willingness to Blashill is an honest question...maybe a better chance at telling him to abandon the defensive philosophy shift and go try to go back to things that have worked better in the past.
I think hiring your friends is more the norm than the exception in this league lol

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hes also let the wrong players go.

Gourde, McDonagh, Maroon

The Jeanot trade was so bad. How do you give up that many assets for a 4th liner
He goes the route of keeping all the younger players all the time see palat, killorn, maroon , gourde, rutta and mcdonagh .

Jeannot is a decent player i think JBB hoped he would become Goodrow but it definitely just has not happened.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He goes the route of keeping all the younger players all the time see palat, killorn, maroon , gourde, rutta and mcdonagh .

Jeannot is a decent player i think JBB hoped he would become Goodrow but it definitely just has not happened.
Even Goodrow level is not worth a draft class. Sure, those picks might not become nhl players or players that could help, but you could package those picks for different trades.

Jeannot, Glendenning and Watson ain't it. I'd rather have the school bus line

He cooked up a nice shit stew.
Firiable offense!

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I remember JBB paid Myers a one way nhl contract lol 😂 that’s the gm your talking about finding defense lol 😂
He also brought in Savard and Bogo, and Myers was paid minimal aav on a short term deal after the McD trade. No doubt he recognizes the defensive need and will look to upgrade if he can.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Even Goodrow level is not worth a draft class. Sure, those picks might not become nhl players or players that could help, but you could package those picks for different trades.

Jeannot, Glendenning and Watson ain't it. I'd rather have the school bus line

Firiable offense!
Sad part is they're all better than Sheary.

Reactions: The Gongshow

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I think hiring your friends is more the norm than the exception in this league lol

I mean, you're not wrong - Old Boys Club and whatever - but it's usually not quite so openly discussed like it is with Cooper and Blashill, and of course I trust you knew what I meant but your point is well taken.

Reactions: JoVel

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Ah yes, the obligatory pseudo-power play in which our defense frequently awards the opposition.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hes also let the wrong players go.

Gourde, McDonagh, Maroon

The Jeanot trade was so bad. How do you give up that many assets for a 4th liner
Gourde or McD was gone in the Seattle draft, and there was no room for McD after last season. Even if he hadn't traded McD when he did, they would've lost him this past summer and probabaly had to pay to move him rather than get anything at all for him. Maybe Maroon should've been kept, but he looked very meh his last season in Tampa, and JBB clearly wanted a new 4th line.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Looks like they got corrected by the coaching between periods
So much this. They just stand around looking confused. Need to guard a man not ice. When the puck moves around more than once our guys are just dumbfounded. At this point I don't care if coaches don't think they have the horses to play defense man to man they need to just do it. I trust Vasy to make saves he can see rather than shots from the point through every dman providing a screen or rebounds with zero coverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad