GDT: 1/2/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
is Dotchin a dirty player? Over on the Leafs GDT they act like he is a super villain. I have never thought of him as a dirty player. Did i miss something?

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
is Dotchin a dirty player? Over on the Leafs GDT they act like he is a super villain. I have never thought of him as a dirty player. Did i miss something?
He's the boogie man according to Leaf's fans, injuring every player he encounters on a night to night basis. Spooky stuff.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Leaf fans are notoriously crybabies. You can't hit their players, any taps are officiating blunders, their team should be lifted by angels to a W in the "mecca" of hockey on their way to a preseason stanley cup run prediction that never comes true. Whatever ... those guys will whine about anything / everything. I expect a few main board posts threads about officiating, legal hits, and how many scoring chances they had in their loss. FWIW ... hope Dotchin smashes a few of them into the boards.

Cooper owns Babcock if I'm not mistaken. We can expect Babcock to employ the hold them, grab them, interfere with them strategy to keep the scoring down. I'm Lightning score first ... the floodgates will open. If the Leafs score first ... it will be a close game.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Dotchin rides the line pretty damn well. He's not dirty.

That being said, if he wants to play dirty tonight he has my full blessing. Kadri deserves some payback for that iffy hit he threw on Kuch last year.

Reactions: Master P

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

He has like three arguably dirty plays in his career, all are against Toronto (or their ahl team). He had the hit last year on Matthews, that they think was deliberately knee to knee. I’m not sure if it was intentional or not, but I see why they didn’t like the hit. He did something in the ahl to hurt kapanen, don’t remember what. The hit that was extremely dirty was against their ahl team too. He hit someone a dangerous distance from the boards long after the puck was gone IIRC. Might have been gauthier. That one was definitely a dirty hit. For a guy that doesn’t play a very nasty game, he sure does seem to have given leafs fans a reason not to like him.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Almost forgot that. He definitely isn't the cleanest player out there but some Leaf fans act like he's worse than Cooke. I mean there was a "Dotchin vs the Leafs" thread on the main boards last season....

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
All of Dotchin's questionable plays have been against their team - guy just triggers them.

Redleg

Dec 16, 2017
So Dotchin likes to hit and make sure the adversary understands there is payment to play in our zone. Whoopty doo... its the flippin' NHL, anyway, have a feeling this will be a close one, with Toronto pulling it out in overtime. Maybe 4-3ish.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So Dotchin likes to hit and make sure the adversary understands there is payment to play in our zone. Whoopty doo... its the flippin' NHL, anyway, have a feeling this will be a close one, with Toronto pulling it out in overtime. Maybe 4-3ish.

I am only posting this for context for those who want to know the real reason why Leaf fans don't like him. Here are the plays a lot of fans took issue with

Really late hit on Gauthier who had worked really hard to improve his skating and was having a career year in the AHL, ended his season.

He injured Kapanen our best prospect who was having a breakout year with a late hit again

Finally many fans believe this was an intentional knee on knee

This was all within about roughly a years span. Obviously this is your board so I won't argue anything, this is just the opposite sides views.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I am only posting this for context for those who want to know the real reason why Leaf fans don't like him. Here are the plays a lot of fans took issue with

Really late hit on Gauthier who had worked really hard to improve his skating and was having a career year in the AHL, ended his season.

He injured Kapanen our best prospect who was having a breakout year with a late hit again

Finally many fans believe this was an intentional knee on knee

This was all within about roughly a years span. Obviously this is your board so I won't argue anything, this is just the opposite sides views.

Nothing about those is dirty Leafs should learn to take hits?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Gauthier hit was definitely garbage, dangerous distance to the boards and super late. I think he was suspended for like 5 games?

In the Kapanen hit it looks like he just falls down which causes the injury. But then again, if intentional, very dumb. But I doubt it.

As for the Matthews hit.. it's not a typical knee-on-knee, there Dotchin was standing still which means there won't be that much force going to the hit.

But those are the past, won't affect today's game. Hopefully we see Dotchin destroy a Leaf with a clean hit .:)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I can understand why the leafs don’t like him but it was a while ago and I don’t recall Dotchin having done anything dirty since he got called up, he is a pest out there and likes to cause havoc as well as he is good at standing up for his teammates so maybe he’s gotten older and gained more experience which have made him smarter and knowing how to use his skills better.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We're doing a ceremony for Johnny Bower after he passed recently, in case you guys wanted to know and if you're not a fan of these ceremonies to tune in a bit later than the usual 7:07 starting time
Any word on how long this might last? Viaplay's not showing it so I'm looking at a spinning hockey puck waiting for the game to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad