GDT: 1/19/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton VS Tampa Bay

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Chicago is going to eat this team alive especially if they keep giving up so many excellent scoring chances in the 3rd. And let's not pretend that we're going to put up 5+ goals on the Blackhawks to balance out the crappy D.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Ugly defensively and goaltending wise but it's gotta feel awesome to know offense can bail them out again.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'd much rather not play Chicago when they're on a 12 game streak, but if someone has to break it... why not us? :naughty:

Yeah, all things involved will make a nice build up to the game. I'm excited. We've been our best in January so far, so no better time to face them for us.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Callahan had as good a game as you'll ever see from someone who couldn't make it on the scoresheet. He was fantastic.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Callahan had as good a game as you'll ever see from someone who couldn't make it on the scoresheet. He was fantastic.

Guy is so snakebit, talk about slumps. I think they said 1 goal in his last 30 games or something. Ouch. He played well tonight tho. He's gotta start producing some offence out tho

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Don't want to speak too early but beat Chicago and Florida.... it's not impossible we go into the break in 1st place. That would be pretty unreal from where we were a few weeks back

aristocrat

Apr 4, 2011
Wonder how many games stammer gets for the slew foot. 5? that play needs to be made an example of.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Vasy looked really shaky tonight. Had trouble following the puck and was slow moving or reacting. No confidence. Our whole section of the arena was covering our eyes anytime the Oilers were in our zone. I'd like to see him get some solid time in Syracuse, not just a few starts. I'd also like to see Kristers get a few games for the big team, but that'll never happen.

Please send Condra on a rocket into the sun.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Edmonton is a fast team. Each time we pressed forward too much or a big rebound occurred boom odd man rush for them.
Also, I can tell the difference in our style of play. Now we have everyone back we are playing more like last year as opposed to that defensive style of earlier when we were so depleted up front. We actually could have used a little more of that defense tonight.
Callahan was the great unsung hero.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasy looked really shaky tonight. Had trouble following the puck and was slow moving or reacting. No confidence. Our whole section of the arena was covering our eyes anytime the Oilers were in our zone. I'd like to see him get some solid time in Syracuse, not just a few starts. I'd also like to see Kristers get a few games for the big team, but that'll never happen.

Yeah you can tell the games he's just not tracking the puck well. This was one of those.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

Yes on Condra. Not a good game for Vasy. He did come up with some clutch saves in the last 8 minutes and to complicate it the defense was not helping him much, Hedman had a hole in in stick and they were all coughing it up too much in the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad