GDT: 1/19/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton VS Tampa Bay

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
And just like that Killorn looks like an elite player hahaha !

We did everything in our power to keep Edmonton in that game, jeez that was close and it clearly shouldn't have been.

How many points has the 18-90-91 line combined over the past games ? I count 20 points in the last 5 games, good god Drej WE LOVE YOU !!! Vlad is turning into a nasty player around the net and what a playmaker he is becoming, what a skater too. Stammer despite that horrendous turnover played a ok game overall. Poor Cally must be depressed, at this point it's unfair to be so snakebitten.

Can we have Draisaitl for Carle please ? The kid is so freaking gifted.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Wonder how many games stammer gets for the slew foot. 5? that play needs to be made an example of.

Can't tell if serious.

I love watching Kuch get into scrums. He just smiles at them while they talk **** and facewash him. Drives people ****ing NUTS. And if we want to talk about dirty players, holy **** Kassian is a ****ing plug. He does so much unnecessary **** just to try to hurt people.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great with another win and that we are scoring more now!

Though there is still such a difference with Bish in goal, I feel so much more comfortable, I know Vasi is still young and all but he has been a bit of a disappointment so far.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So much of our success can be attributed to Namestnikov. His level of play is like landing a new player on the team. We credit Dr. Drej and his return for so much of our success but Namestnikovs surge happened at the same time. Both guys are carrying the team. Well..... can't forget about Kucherov either.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We're seeing Vladdy given top 6 time and I'm left to wonder what Drouin could have done with 18 and 91. I'm a huge Vladdy fan and I knew from his London days that he was going to be a good one, but Drouin is on another level offensively.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We're seeing Vladdy given top 6 time and I'm left to wonder what Drouin could have done with 18 and 91. I'm a huge Vladdy fan and I knew from his London days that he was going to be a good one, but Drouin is on another level offensively.

Vladdy put in the time and performed. Drouin came in expecting a top 6 role. At least that's what I'm under the impression of.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I also can't remember Vladdy committing nearly as terrible turnovers as Drouin has.

Not that I don't think we could have handled Drouin better, but I think Vladdy has handled it and developed better on his end.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Vladdy put in the time and performed. Drouin came in expecting a top 6 role. At least that's what I'm under the impression of.

That's nonsense. He did his extra year in the Q and then spent a year on the 4th line. Same as Kuch and Vladdy. Then every mistake still resulted in a demotion. He paid his dues and was still expected to pay more.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Vlad is 23 and in his 4th professional season. He's also been in Cooper's doghouse plenty before now. He might be in Cooper's favor today but 9 games ago on January 2nd he played 10:15 on a line with JAM and Boyle. So Cooper might say that Namestnikov has earned more opportunities but I have zero faith in that. Or more accurately I have no faith in Cooper to not revert back to the same **** he always does.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Vlad is 23 and in his 4th professional season. He's also been in Cooper's doghouse plenty before now. He might be in Cooper's favor today but 9 games ago on January 2nd he played 10:15 on a line with JAM and Boyle. So Cooper might say that Namestnikov has earned more opportunities but I have zero faith in that. Or more accurately I have no faith in Cooper to not revert back to the same **** he always does.

Just wait for 18-90-91 to have a bad game. We're one loss away from 17-51-91.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Just wait for 18-90-91 to have a bad game. We're one loss away from 17-51-91.

If he does this then he has completely lost his mind.

How many points has 18-90-91 put up since they've been together? I know Stamkos has 9 or 10 so all three of them have to have at least 20.

This offense hasnt been this good in a calendar year. We finally have two dangerous scoring lines.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If he does this then he has completely lost his mind.

How many points has 18-90-91 put up since they've been together? I know Stamkos has 9 or 10 so all three of them have to have at least 20.

This offense hasnt been this good in a calendar year. We finally have two dangerous scoring lines.

Terrific line but Coop and the Flip love mate, Coop and the Flip love...

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Has anyone noticed by the way ? Flip and Stamkos were on the ice for a handful of seconds last night and that's when Kassian tied the game 1-1.

91-51 just ******** suck :propeller

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Has anyone noticed by the way ? Flip and Stamkos were on the ice for a handful of seconds last night and that's when Kassian tied the game 1-1.

91-51 just ******** suck :propeller

Didn't notice that while watching but apparently he had 4 shifts with Stamkos. Not a huge number but still pretty unnecessary

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Didn't notice that while watching but apparently he had 4 shifts with Stamkos. Not a huge number but still pretty unnecessary

Think they may have been shifts post-PKs, or maybe counting PP shifts. There were a few though. Stop it Coop - it doesn't ****ing work.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Think they may have been shifts post-PKs, or maybe counting PP shifts. There were a few though. Stop it Coop - it doesn't ****ing work.

Yeah I think some were PP shifts although I don't like those two together on the PP either. The bad one was I think a half-change where Flip stayed on then the puck got iced and it ended with that terrible first Oilers goal

Speaking of Filppula, since he's leading the team with 15 minor penalties I checked his penalty breakdown out of curiosity

Check to head- 1
Delay of game- 1
Hooking- 5
Holding- 4
Tripping- 3
Interference- 1

Now I can't properly judge without watching all those penalties but hooking and holding tend to happen when you get beaten in the defensive zone

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
So much of our success can be attributed to Namestnikov. His level of play is like landing a new player on the team. We credit Dr. Drej and his return for so much of our success but Namestnikovs surge happened at the same time. Both guys are carrying the team. Well..... can't forget about Kucherov either.

That's what I was thinking last night during the game, wow it's like we already traded Drouin and got this awesome new player!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vladdy had Kuch and Kuch had Vladdy down in Syracuse. Johnson had Palat and Palat had Johnson down in Syracuse. Drouin doesn't have a Robin to his Batman (and vice versa) down in the AHL unfortunately for him. It was supposed to be Erne ... but they have found very little chemistry. Erne and Drouin if they find that chemistry should be tearing up the AHL the same way Vlad/Kuch & Palat/Johnson did in the past. I saw both pairs in Syracuse for every game ... and it was a sight to see. Hope Drouin is able to get a partner on his line that he can flourish with.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't tell if serious.

I love watching Kuch get into scrums. He just smiles at them while they talk **** and facewash him. Drives people ****ing NUTS. And if we want to talk about dirty players, holy **** Kassian is a ****ing plug. He does so much unnecessary **** just to try to hurt people.

Make no mistake--Kuch takes the number and two-hands them later. The kid gives as good as he gets.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Make no mistake--Kuch takes the number and two-hands them later. The kid gives as good as he gets.

Yeah - I think there's something with Russians and stick play like that. Probably used to getting run in international tournaments and such.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad