GDT: 1/19/13 - Colorado @ Minnesota on Hockey Day Minnesota! 8 p.m. CT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What a game! I was a bit miserable in that first period but after that, there was no looking back! That game was magical. What a win! :handclap:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Just some tiny tidbits....

Top line needs some work, but they're still sexy. I'm excited to see if Heater can really take off with two great linemates now. Granlund looks good up front, but in the defensive end...little scary. Backstrom scared the crap out of me a few times. He should be thanking his pipes right now for helping out. Poor Spurg seemed to be on the receiving end of some strong hits. Avs had many moments of out hustling us. They seemed grittier. Fortunately for us, they were also stupid by taking some dumb penalties. The Stars won't be so dumb tomorrow, so they've gotta find another gear.

As for the Xcel, they almost have to get a new scoreboard next summer. They now have the score and shots on the small rim that is the lowest part of the scoreboard. Just a tiny rim! Where they use to have the game info is now advertising along with the regular video board. Technically, it's not even a scoreboard anymore.

But damn it was good to be back there! Ancient scoreboard and all!

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Hate to rant after a win but it must be done. Terrible start and overall 5 on 5 play generated nothing which is troubling. Luckily the Avs took a bunch of penalties. First powerplay unit was awesome. Horrible job by FSN north missing the Granny goal. I'm tired of watching this team flip the puck to center ice a million times a game just because one guy is hounding them. Those are turnovers! Its called puck possession puck possession puck possession for the love of god puck possession and its obviously something Yeo hasn't preached since he has been here because it happens every game. They need to learn to support the puck. It's called a D to D pass and breakout, figure it out. But my biggest concern is Spurgeon, who was awful tonight. I know people in here like him but deep down you know he is just some scrub we picked up because we had no better D prospects at the time. Now we do in Pizza and Brodin, so I expect to see him demoted to third pairing or gone once they return. He is completely overmatched on defense and its going to cost this team the game having him out there for substantial minutes in close games. You can say its the first game and I'm being too hard on the kid, but we saw him manhandled last year and he hasn't gotten any bigger. I mean he was absolutely dominated tonight, thrown around like a dog's chew toy.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oh and I have to give credit where credit is due. While I'm still overly cautious with Butch in terms of whether or not he'll make it through the season, he did very well tonight. Was even one of the few who applied some pressure behind the opponent's net while his linemates sat back in fear. Good to see him do well and get rewarded for his efforts.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Hate to rant after a win but it must be done. Terrible start and overall 5 on 5 play generated nothing which is troubling. Luckily the Avs took a bunch of penalties. First powerplay unit was awesome. Horrible job by FSN north missing the Granny goal. I'm tired of watching this team flip the puck to center ice a million times a game just because one guy is hounding them. Those are turnovers! Its called puck possession puck possession puck possession for the love of god puck possession and its obviously something Yeo hasn't preached since he has been here because it happens every game. They need to learn to support the puck. It's called a D to D pass and breakout, figure it out. But my biggest concern is Spurgeon, who was awful tonight. I know people in here like him but deep down you know he is just some scrub we picked up because we had no better D prospects at the time. Now we do in Pizza and Brodin, so I expect to see him demoted to third pairing or gone once they return. He is completely overmatched on defense and its going to cost this team the game having him out there for substantial minutes in close games. You can say its the first game and I'm being too hard on the kid, but we saw him manhandled last year and he hasn't gotten any bigger. I mean he was absolutely dominated tonight, thrown around like a dog's chew toy.

Wait what AYFKM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad