GDT: 1/18/15: SABRES (14-29-3) at RED WINGS (25-11-9) TV: NBCSN; Radio: WGR - 8:00 PM ET

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Enroth has a had a rough few weeks or so but he and Neuvirth are bombarded with shots so it's really not their fault.

Could they be better? Yes. Is it a problem and are they repeatedly costing us games? No. Hardly a problem.

I don't see it as problem considering this season isn't about winning, and the losses are expected. I don't think Enroth has starter ability, though. I haven't seen enough of Neuv to form a solid opinion of him either way.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
They probably win tonight with an average goaltender performance.
Of course, Detroit's goalies were much further below average, with a 0.73 SV%. Anyway, the goaltending situation is the least of my worries right now. Enroth should be at least decent on a good team, and if he's not, we'll deal with that situation when the time is right.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Saying something is a problem usually means you are pinpointing it. If you were on a plane that was going down and your food tray was broken you wouldn't call your stewardess over and say you have a problem with it.

The goalies suck. The forwards suck. The defense sucks. The coaching sucks. The AHL level development sucks.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I wonder what is going through Nolans head right now? 11 straight losses
"Hurrrrrrrrrrrr"

The guy didn't even know what number he wore in the NHL. There's nothing in his head except motivational cliches.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Saying something is a problem usually means you are pinpointing it. If you were on a plane that was going down and your food tray was broken you wouldn't call your stewardess over and say you have a problem with it.

The goalies suck. The forwards suck. The defense sucks. The coaching sucks. The AHL level development sucks.

if you were inspecting an airplane and say an oil leak and the food tray was broken you wouldnt check "alls fine" either

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

That's just short sighted thinking.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
That's just short sighted thinking.
Neither of these goalies will be here next year. It's not really short sighted. If we were stuck with these guys for a Cody Hodgson type marriage then yeah...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Neither of these goalies will be here next year. It's not really short sighted. If we were stuck with these guys for a Cody Hodgson type marriage then yeah...

But the problem still exists. Until it doesn't.

BornBuffaloFan

Nov 30, 2014
Exactly, listening to his pre-game soundbites are painful. The dude is just dense.

Sure am. He also had a ****ing hall of fame goaltender.

interesting…. he has has an all star line up, he just can't seem to get it together

SMH

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Ok, serious here... I agree Teddy is not the same fire and brimstone guy as he was in 1995 but he's a good coach, a good player coach too.... The Sabres #1 problem right now is GM, #2 goaltender and #3 ownership for thinking money can buy championships..... think about this.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m1 minute ago

Nolan: I was really impressed with the effort. This is a proud bunch of guys. They give everything they can give.

Oh come on if Mrazek isn't a sieve they lose 6-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad