GDT: 1/18/15: SABRES (14-29-3) at RED WINGS (25-11-9) TV: NBCSN; Radio: WGR - 8:00 PM ET

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Thanks 26 for taking over these gamedays, you have maintained the high quality standards. :)

Lets go Sabres! Time to beat the Wings as revenge for the Dale McCourt scam trade!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres-Red Wings Preview (1/18/15) - 3:41 Mins

[nhl]730374[/nhl]

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Brian Flynn – Zemgus Girgensons – Chris Stewart

Matt Moulson – Torrey Mitchell – Tyler Ennis

Cody Hodgson – Philip Varone – Drew Stafford

Nicolas Deslauriers – Matt Ellis – Patrick Kaleta

Tyler Myers – Josh Gorges

Nikita Zadorov – Rasmus Ristolainen

Andre Benoit – Tyson Strachan

Jhonas Enroth

Michal Neuvirth

Scratched: Andrej Meszaros

Injured: Mike Weber (lower body), Brian Gionta (head), Cody McCormick (blood clot in leg), Marcus Foligno (hand)

RED WINGS

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader

Gustav Nyquist - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Tatar

Stephen Weiss - Darren Helm - Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Miller - Luke Glendening - Joakim Andersson

Jonathan Ericsson - Niklas Kronwall

Kyle Quincey - Danny DeKeyser

Brendan Smith - Xavier Ouellet

Petr Mrazek

Tom McCollum

Scratched: Daniel Cleary, Brian Lashoff

Injured: Jakub Kindl (elbow), Tomas Jurco (back), Jonas Gustavsson (shoulder), Johan Franzen (head), Jimmy Howard (groin).

Status report: Mrazek has won all three starts in impressive fashion (five goals allowed) since Howard was injured. He will start Detroit's second game in two nights.

Who's hot: Girgensons had two goals in the loss in Philadelphia. Tatar has four goals and an assist in his past three games.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
SHould be fun to listen to Milbury or JR go off on the Sabres tonight.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
SHould be fun to listen to Milbury or JR go off on the Sabres tonight.

I've muted Milbury... Every single time I see him on my TV. He adds nothing to hockey discussions that I want to hear. I think the most I heard him say all season (as I reached for my remote) was "Well, here's the problem ...."

I've enjoyed NBC games much more :biglaugh:

Bps21*

I don't know. I feel like the Oilers are a matchup nighmare for us. Their D and goaltending is awful...but our offense is a joke. They have good skill forwards...and since we give other teams the puck most of the time...that usually doesn't work out. What was it last time? 52 shots they got on us...in Buffalo? And now they're playing better and we'll be on the road?

I worry more about teams that just go through the motions with us like Montreal does.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
"mental break" for Ristolainen, according to the coach who doesn't realize he gets a week off from hockey in like 2 days.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Edmonton is 7-7-1 against Eastern Conference teams, an interim coach fighting for his future, and have improved. It won't be a easy win by any means. They could have our number. They have played great against the East and a team like us in the EAST. They have a chance to win forsure

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Great decision by Nolan to sit Risto. Lets not wear him out in his first full season. This 8 day extended break will benefit him a lot as our team will continue to flounder at the NHL level

Tank commander Mes is in

Bps21*

Harrington was quick to point out that Risto was on the ice for 3 goals against yesterday...but now that it got him benched that's an outrage?

That piece of garbage just argues against everything any way he wants.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Zemgus Girgensons Pre-Game (1/18/15) - 2:37 Mins

@BuffaloSabres

Girgensons talks about the #Sabres' recent play & how he's approaching next weekend's #NHLAllStar Game.

[NHL]730399[/NHL]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad