GDT: 1/17/15 "Spill Cleanup" Oilers VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Is there a reason Trocheck is being repeatedly scratched rather than sent down to the AHL? I don't mind him not getting ice time with the big boys, but he needs to play in the A at least. We've got Pirri on the shelf and Thornton will be back soon.

Yes.

We must play Bolland becuase of his character.

Doesn't mattter that Bolland cant play a lick, you cant let character sit a game. He has scored a goal this season, what else you want from your 3rd line center?

So Trocheck sits despite his speed and goal scoring ability.

Makes perfect sense.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Yes.

Doesn't mattter that Bolland cant play a lick, you cant let character sit a game. He has scored a goal this season, what else you want from your 3rd line center?

Makes perfect sense.

I really don't understand your dislike for Bolland. Trocheck has not been good since early December and doesn't deserve a spot over Bolland. It's better for Trocheck's development to be in the AHL and continue to fine tune his game.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I really don't understand your dislike for Bolland. Trocheck has not been good since early December and doesn't deserve a spot over Bolland. It's better for Trocheck's development to be in the AHL and continue to fine tune his game.

I dont dislike Bolland. If he had 8 goals he'd be my best friend. He is simply not performing. There is no excuse for him not sitting for a game while giving Trochekk a chance. Flash has sat, others have sat. What makes him teflon? I think there are 5.5 million reasons.

It is better for Trochek to be in the AHL if the Panthers arent going to make room for him. Agree. Exactly who is it better for having him sit on the bench for 3 games Im not smart enough to answer..

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yes.

Makes perfect sense.

Why are you making Bolland the scapegoat? He has been far from our worst player these last few games.

Jan 19, 2006
I don't think Bolland can be singled out, but I have to admit I was unimpressed with his play when I was at BB&T for the Avalanche game.

Watching the game live gives you a much fuller sense of player performance than you can get just following the puck on TV, but I just didn't see much from him.

Erick*

Yes.

Makes perfect sense.

:handclap:

Erick*

And that team was much worse in the standings than this team, with not nearly as good upside.

Yes, I know. That brings me back to my point that our coach is doing a good job this year so far getting the most out of our team.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Why are you making Bolland the scapegoat? He has been far from our worst player these last few games.

Im not making him a scapegoat.

For the love of god I just want him to sit ONE GAME like hays flash and others have when they struggled.

And place Trochek in who has the skill to score goals.

One game.

I didnt say trade him, or its a disaster.

Just sit the guy down for a game.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

For the love of god I just want him to sit ONE GAME like hays flash and others have when they struggled.

One game.

Agreed. We could use his #character in the press box for a change.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

One game.

Why? I would like Trocheck to get a game, but he's hardly been setting the world on fire recently. Bollands recent stats are better than Trochecks as well. Why are you obsessed with Bolland sitting?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm not a Bolland hater but he isn't doing much from what I've seen these last few games. He's in that mode that I hate, where he moves in slow motion with everything he does, same thing as Jokinen and Campbell (Campbell's been doing it for the last 2 and half years). If you're going to move slow at least move the puck quick or if you're going to hold the puck and move it slow in slow motion you better move yourself fast. It's like they are waiting there for the other team to come and relieve them of the puck. and it sets a bad example for the rest of the team, with so many youngsters on it.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Why? I would like Trocheck to get a game, but he's hardly been setting the world on fire recently. Bollands recent stats are better than Trochecks as well. Why are you obsessed with Bolland sitting?

Please educate me on Bollands "recent stats".

He has had a goal and 3 assists this month.

Let me know what Im missing.

Im not obsessed its a point of discussion that he hasnt sat and its his time.

What center would you sit to get trochee back in lineup?

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yes, I know. That brings me back to my point that our coach is doing a good job this year so far getting the most out of our team.

Ok, who brought in that coach? The pieces that are here working well together this season, Tallon brought them in.

And also, this team has far more upside than that team, so it's not "basically the same team". This team is only going to get better, whereas "that team" was only going to get worse and older. It's pretty clear why Tallon chose to tear down and rebuild. There was no upside with that group.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Please educate me on Bollands "recent stats".

He has had a goal and 3 assists this month.

Let me know what Im missing.

Im not obsessed its a point of discussion that he hasnt sat and its his time.

What center would you sit to get trochee back in lineup?

Which is better than Trocheck. Who said anything about sitting a centre. Trocheck should be played at wing, or sent back to the AHL to refine his game if they are going to use him sparingly.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Erick there Is no magic player we can just acquire to score goals... good players aren't made available... this team has a lot of talent it's just not fully developed and refined yet... Bjugstad huby and barkovery Hayes pirri trocheck will be our 30 goal scorers... not all of them but 2 or 3 will develop Into that... no getting a Phil Kessel won't help us.. I don't know how u havent realized yet that those players don't help teams win... I'm not sure what u want as a fan.... either u want to win or u just want high scoring fantasy players...trading futures for a scorer now would be brutal... no team is giving a good 30 goal scorer away for a 1st rounder...not sure what u think is available for talon to just go aND acquire...please fill me In who he shoukd have gotten recently

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Erick there Is no magic player we can just acquire to score goals... good players aren't made available... this team has a lot of talent it's just not fully developed and refined yet... Bjugstad huby and barkovery Hayes pirri trocheck will be our 30 goal scorers... not all of them but 2 or 3 will develop Into that... no getting a Phil Kessel won't help us.. I don't know how u havent realized yet that those players don't help teams win... I'm not sure what u want as a fan.... either u want to win or u just want high scoring fantasy players...trading futures for a scorer now would be brutal... no team is giving a good 30 goal scorer away for a 1st rounder...not sure what u think is available for talon to just go aND acquire...please fill me In who he shoukd have gotten recently

Zach Praise. Supposedly.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If I was coach I'd sit Jokinen. Guy hasn't shown me anything in a while. His specialty at the shootouts, well it hasn't been too special lately.

Huby - Barkov - Boyes
Hayes - Bjugs - Trocheck
Bergy - Bolland - Flash
Kopecky - MacK - Upshall

I wouldn't sit Bolland because he is so valuable on the PK. He is our top forward when we are down 5 on 3. I can live with his slow offensive output; although he has put up a few points in the last coupe weeks.

We have two healthy forwards sitting in the pressbox. Gallant needs to make the atmosphere more accountable. You should have to earn your playing time.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
If I was coach I'd sit Jokinen. Guy hasn't shown me anything in a while. His specialty at the shootouts, well it hasn't been too special lately.

Huby - Barkov - Boyes
Hayes - Bjugs - Trocheck
Bergy - Bolland - Flash
Kopecky - MacK - Upshall

I wouldn't sit Bolland because he is so valuable on the PK. He is our top forward when we are down 5 on 3. I can live with his slow offensive output; although he has put up a few points in the last coupe weeks.

We have two healthy forwards sitting in the pressbox. Gallant needs to make the atmosphere more accountable. You should have to earn your playing time.

Good post.
Accountability is critical.
We just disagree who we'd sit.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Upshall and Bergenheim scratched tonight vs. Van.

Upshall makes sense. Bergy not so much, I've liked his game recently.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Looking forward to next year where we dont have a gluttony of scrubs so that way no one has to sit on a nightly basis.

But I agree with AG, Bolland deserves one in the box. Sends a message to everyone in organization you will be held accountable regardless of your paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad