Not open for further replies.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
9aZEHmA.gif

I will never embrace the tank!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
how many times do they go to a closeup of sad backstrom on the bench tonight?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Might as well lock up the X tonight if we don't win.

But seriously, they need to win. Not a slight to the Sabres, but we just should be a better team.

I hope they're energized playing with a new goalie behind them.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
how many times do they go to a closeup of sad backstrom on the bench tonight?

I feel real bad for Backy. Lost his only playoff series against Colorado in 08 after his best season. Got hurt in warmups before game 1 of the Chicago series after playing in 42 of 48 games two years ago, was hurt all last season and didn't participate in the playoff series'. He's the franchise leader in wins but doesn't have any accomplishments past that. He's given a lot to the franchise and it's kind of a shame it's going to end with a buy out after this year.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Yikes that graphic they just showed on FSN gives me very little hope for this team. The projected cut off for the last playoff spot is 95 points. The Wild would need 54 points to make that cut. That's 27 wins in the final 40. God help us.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well here we go.

And holy **** those Buffalo thirds are more hideous than I remember the last time I see them.

Seems like something that would have come out of the buffaslug era.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
You know you desperately want good goaltending when Dubnyk makes 1 save and you start wondering if he might be the sleeper best goalie in the league.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
That chart is scary looking. Only Spurgeon is left standing of our top 4. And everyone who is out is a lefty? Yikes!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
wow Wild. We sit back more vs Buffalo than the Pens or Chicago? this isn't starting well. But then maybe that means it will end well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad