GDT: 1/15/19 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd assume that's the first time this season Kuch has gone pointless for two games.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What a stupid game that was despite the two points. Only good thing from this game is the shutout for Vasy.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
What a stupid game that was despite the two points. Only good thing from this game is the shutout for Vasy.
I disagree. In an 82game season you have to be able to win a multitude of ways. The Bolts beat a mediocre team when they didn't have the puck for most of the night. The defense did a decent job really. Were there good scoring chances against? Yes, but not a huge number. Lots of the 35 shots Vasy stopped weren't of the highest quality, a couple posts were hit. The PK did a fantastic job.

It's not fun to watch your team not pour pucks into the net, but you have to be able to win like that as it's an important tool to have in the toolbox.

It also came after a loss. That's quality to get back into the right column. 2 points and move forward.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
0-3 on the PP tonight :laugh:

I thought Kucherov was amazing despite not hitting the score sheet. Did a lot of good out there on the ice, obviously frustrated at the end of the game for not hitting the scoresheet.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I disagree. In an 82game season you have to be able to win a multitude of ways. The Bolts beat a mediocre team when they didn't have the puck for most of the night. The defense did a decent job really. Were there good scoring chances against? Yes, but not a huge number. Lots of the 35 shots Vasy stopped weren't of the highest quality, a couple posts were hit. The PK did a fantastic job.

It's not fun to watch your team not pour pucks into the net, but you have to be able to win like that as it's an important tool to have in the toolbox.

It also came after a loss. That's quality to get back into the right column. 2 points and move forward.

Agreed. By no means a perfect game, but they won tonight without playing their bread and butter puck possession style, mostly due to all of the PP's Dallas got. Very little grade A chances and Vasy swallowed up what they did have.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

At this point I only really watch regular season games for entertainment. I'd watch the loss to Winnipeg any day over this one. This game wasn't entertaining no matter who you're cheering for.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Question to the group. Could Callahan be ANY MORE WORTHLESS?????? I just saw that play after the kill when Stammer had an EASY!!!!!!!! breakaway, until that no good piece of crap Callahan passed the puck right into Stammers skate. I hate that guy, and want him gone.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That last run at Heddy was cheap as fudge. Great road win
The hit itself wasn't that bad, it was the timing of it that made it cheap. A minute left in the 3rd with thr game already over.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Question to the group. Could Callahan be ANY MORE WORTHLESS?????? I just saw that play after the kill when Stammer had an EASY!!!!!!!! breakaway, until that no good piece of crap Callahan passed the puck right into Stammers skate. I hate that guy, and want him gone.

You'd find beer leaguers pass better to a wide open guy with no pressure. That pass was atrociously bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad