GDT: 1/15/19 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Question to the group. Could Callahan be ANY MORE WORTHLESS?????? I just saw that play after the kill when Stammer had an EASY!!!!!!!! breakaway, until that no good piece of crap Callahan passed the puck right into Stammers skate. I hate that guy, and want him gone.
He'll be gone after this season. At this point he's gets paid for killing penalties and bringing leadership and that's about it.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Question to the group. Could Callahan be ANY MORE WORTHLESS?????? I just saw that play after the kill when Stammer had an EASY!!!!!!!! breakaway, until that no good piece of crap Callahan passed the puck right into Stammers skate. I hate that guy, and want him gone.
Disagree. So he made a bad pass right as a penalty expired. Cally helped a ton killing those penalties and he always seems to give it all on his shifts. Sure he’s not what he was years ago but he’s still playing at an nhl level and competing well. He’s also had a few nice goals this year including one in Buffalo just two games ago. I also think he’s serving a good leadership role to all the youngins in the lineup. I’ve got no problem with Cally and his bottom six role on this team.

Reactions: Raphael87

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kucherov wanted that goal badly at the end. You can tell he's gunning for the Art Ross this year. I bet losing it to McDavid eats at him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'd assume that's the first time this season Kuch has gone pointless for two games.
Before this, he was pointless in more than one game only two times: In the first two games of the season (Florida, Vancouver) and later on in mid November (Ottawa, Buffalo).

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Cally doesn't fit our offense at all, and he's grossly overpaid and needs to be jettisoned asap this offseason, but he also gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I was in attendance. Wow. Damn near every puck Girardi touched was an icing or straight giveaway. Stamkos seemed to trip over the puck a few times which was hilarious. Gourde is so fast when you watch him live, same as Point. Unreal the motor they have. I thought McD and Hedman played great. Cirelli and Killorn are so calming out there on the PK and just in their own zone in general. Nice to see Palat actually capitalize on a one timer. Kuch was getting roughed up all game and got more pissed off as the game went on. Getting held and pulled on. He wants a point every shift. Vasy was the man though. Dallas fans were getting frustrated but gave him credit, he was amazing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I was in attendance. Wow. Damn near every puck Girardi touched was an icing or straight giveaway. Stamkos seemed to trip over the puck a few times which was hilarious. Gourde is so fast when you watch him live, same as Point. Unreal the motor they have. I thought McD and Hedman played great. Cirelli and Killorn are so calming out there on the PK and just in their own zone in general. Nice to see Palat actually capitalize on a one timer. Kuch was getting roughed up all game and got more pissed off as the game went on. Getting held and pulled on. He wants a point every shift. Vasy was the man though. Dallas fans were getting frustrated but gave him credit, he was amazing.
It felt like the ice was particularly shitty on TV. Players were falling a lot, puck was bouncing like crazy.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Thanks for this. I enjoy the reports from fans who attended games. Such a different experience than watching on TV. The ice did seem weird. Stamkos slipping twice in an odd way. Looks like he got hit with a tranquilizer dart or something.
-Vasy is a beast cat goalie. Crazy eyes in effect! When he’s on, there’s no one better.
-Gourde is such a beauty. Fast indeed and brings the hustle. Great line with Stammer and Palat.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cally doesn't fit our offense at all, and he's grossly overpaid and needs to be jettisoned asap this offseason, but he also gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

Undeserved is an understatement. But to call him worthless? Come on now. Yeah he needs to move on next year, and can find success on another team with a bigger role. If he had a cap hit around 3 million, he would not get this kinda hate or criticism for what he still can bring. Looking at stats from some players last 15 games who tend to play in the bottom 6....

Joseph - 5 G, 3 A - 8 points
Callahan - 3 G, 4 A - 7 points
Killorn - 3 G, 4 A - 7 points
JT Miller - 2 G, 5 A - 7 points
Cirelli - 1 G, 6 A - 7 points
Erne - 3 G, 3 A - 6 points
Gourde - 1 G, 3 A - 4 points
Paquette - 1G, 1A 2 points

Anyway, great bounce back game last night, to seal Dallas at a 2-0 victory. Vasy with a great bounce back as well.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Honestly - let's just do Golden State Warriors avatars entirely. No reference to the Lightning at all. GSW with Steph Curry and whoever else they have, and then Stanley Cup Playoffs as the last page.

I would like to see someone with some decent photoshop skills to do some splicing of the warriors and the bolts

Also...what's our magic # to hit the playoffs? I feel like having avatars early or having countdown avatars would strike up just the right amount of vitriol towards us without pissing off the hockey gods

Reactions: LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I would like to see someone with some decent photoshop skills to do some splicing of the warriors and the bolts

Also...what's our magic # to hit the playoffs? I feel like having avatars early or having countdown avatars would strike up just the right amount of vitriol towards us without pissing off the hockey gods
Love the countdown idea!

Reactions: Rschmitz

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
While I appreciate what Cally still brings, I get the frustration about his play. He simply doesn't have the speed to keep up anymore. I thought heading into this season that he should be sitting as often as not so he'd be fresh for the playoffs, which I think is where his brand of hockey can still help us. Nothing about his play so far has changed my mind. I mean, I get that he wants to play, but even he has to realize that he's struggling to keep up and we don't need him in the lineup every night. You hate to see it, because he gives his all, but it kind of is what it is.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
While I appreciate what Cally still brings, I get the frustration about his play. He simply doesn't have the speed to keep up anymore. I thought heading into this season that he should be sitting as often as not so he'd be fresh for the playoffs, which I think is where his brand of hockey can still help us. Nothing about his play so far has changed my mind. I mean, I get that he wants to play, but even he has to realize that he's struggling to keep up and we don't need him in the lineup every night. You hate to see it, because he gives his all, but it kind of is what it is.
So there's 35 games left, and we have a 22 point cushion over the 9th place team (with them having 36 games left). If they won all of their games, they would have 124 points. We are 50 points away from 124. So our magic number as of now is 51 without tiebreakers.

That doesn't factor in h2h meetings that might lower that.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

Can always change it to "wins needed 16" once it is official which is what I was planning on suggesting once it was confirmed.

Or we can go with another idea.

U3hA8T4.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->