GDT: 1/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good win. TyJo moves back into a tie for 3rd, for the moment. Palat inching up on ppg status. Stammer looked pretty good. If Stamkos is going to play like Stamkos, I'm not opposed to Flip - Stamkos - Callahan remaining a thing. If Stamkos is going to play like garbage again, I'd rather see K/PFC.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
So we learned a few things from this game:

1. Stamkos steps up when the team is struggling.
2. TKO is ridiculous - get the feeling they are only getting started, too?
3. I am a GOD!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
"They can't all be Picassos"

Not a great game, but it's still nice to get the win. Some guys really stepped up to make some big plays. It's a starting place to better play hopefully.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Palat is heating up in an almost identical fashion to last year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
God I hope Nesterov isn't just having that beginners luck some rookies have, this just makes Carle so much more expendable.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
#tradevalue

It looks more like we've just given up. Maybe Yzerman couldn't find a taker?

What sucks is we're still scratching guys so Connolly can show up once every four games. What sucks even more is I think we all still believe Connolly has potential, he's just unlikely to reach it here, which is killing his trade value.

Maybe there's a reclamation project we can acquire and give to Roest and Zettler and see what they can do with him.

One way or another, I don't think Connolly's still here on March 3.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
At least they know that they didn't play well, question is what are they going to do about it?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

What sucks is we're still scratching guys so Connolly can show up once every four games. What sucks even more is I think we all still believe Connolly has potential, he's just unlikely to reach it here, which is killing his trade value.

Maybe there's a reclamation project we can acquire and give to Roest and Zettler and see what they can do with him.

It's hard to show anything with less then 6 minutes. I haven't watched as many games this year but he's playing the 4th line role well, being good defensively and getting in on the forecheck.

He can still score, rather take my chances on him turning it around then playing Brown who only brings energy or Paquette. He needs to play with Filpulla who's the only playmaking center we have, put Callahan back with Stamkos.

I want them to trade him now just for his sake, it's a joke what they did to him and Panik for plugs like Morrow/Brown/Paquette.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I don't know but I'd package him in for yandle but we are going to have to pony up more for him

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
God I hope Nesterov isn't just having that beginners luck some rookies have, this just makes Carle so much more expendable.

He looks pretty good for darn sure could be time to find a taker for carle if we can grab yandle somehow

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
It's hard to show anything with less then 6 minutes. I haven't watched as many games this year but he's playing the 4th line role well, being good defensively and getting in on the forecheck.

He can still score, rather take my chances on him turning it around then playing Brown who only brings energy or Paquette. He needs to play with Filpulla who's the only playmaking center we have, put Callahan back with Stamkos.

I want them to trade him now just for his sake, it's a joke what they did to him and Panik for plugs like Morrow/Brown/Paquette.

So were blaming this on ice time now? Hilarious how many excuses are made for him. He's been on both powerplays played with skilled players and dosent score. The only time he looks like a nhl caliber player is when he's on the 4th line. 0 assists in 30+games on the highest scoring team in the league is horrendous. Maybe he's just not that good?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even Strength Points

1. TyJo 38

Four guys tied for 2nd with 34. ...One of them is Kucherov.

Kuch is also leading the league in +/- by 5 over the next non-Bolt.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So were blaming this on ice time now? Hilarious how many excuses are made for him. He's been on both powerplays played with skilled players and dosent score. The only time he looks like a nhl caliber player is when he's on the 4th line. 0 assists in 30+games on the highest scoring team in the league is horrendous. Maybe he's just not that good?

His assist-less streak dates back to 2012. He's due.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Tampa is still 1st in the East but you've got a lot a games play and 5 teams can take the 1st place from you. Cooper is doing a lot of lines shuffling IMO and changing often players playing positions, particulary the rookies like Paquette-Drouin-Connely, is not very good IMO. Put the best players on the ice and keep a certain stability. But you know i'm not a coach so ... it's juste my observations

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
His assist-less streak dates back to 2012. He's due.

Hopefully. Wonder if this same convo is happening if Brett made the team last year instead of Panik. Apparently ruining his confidence and hurtin his feelings.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good win. TyJo moves back into a tie for 3rd, for the moment. Palat inching up on ppg status. Stammer looked pretty good. If Stamkos is going to play like Stamkos, I'm not opposed to Flip - Stamkos - Callahan remaining a thing. If Stamkos is going to play like garbage again, I'd rather see K/PFC.

I want to see callahan back with Stamkos his play has not missed a beat and he can only help Stamkos as this point. I feel him mixed with guys like paquette or killorn kind of make Cally's efforts go out the window more with paquette than killorn, him and killorn have meshed well. When Flip and Cally where with Stamkos they looked good. Wish they scored, could of made a stronger point.

It's funny guys behind me at the beginning of the game are asking eachother who the hell is on the Stamkos line. :laugh:

Honestly, is it a crazy thing to put your top 6 scorers in the top 6? I'm not sold on this shutdown line, and think it is more important to have 2 very strong scoring lines, and we had that in the 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad