GDT: 1/14/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Los Angeles vs Tampa Bay

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
As great as this run has been, we're still 8-9-3 against current playoff teams. Between Feb 4 and March 25, 19/25 games are against playoff teams. We'll know a lot more about this team in that span than we do now watching them beat/survive crappy teams. Enjoy this while you can, because it's going to get a lot harder after the all-star break.

Reactions: Todd1a

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Not impressed with Volkov tonight and Gourde...start earning that fat paycheck.

If Gourde was in the top 6 I would agree. You have to put players in a position to succeed if you want them to do well. I think Cooper just doesn’t care how many points Gourde puts up since he can still be a useful player in the bottom six.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As great as this run has been, we're still 8-9-3 against current playoff teams. Between Feb 4 and March 25, 19/25 games are against playoff teams. We'll know a lot more about this team in that span than we do now watching them beat/survive crappy teams. Enjoy this while you can, because it's going to get a lot harder after the all-star break.
I knew we had a easy Schedule lately

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

HATER yep secondd prediction of 2019-2020 or first of 2020 (first was shatty for 50 points seems a lock:)

NOW this team is learning how to win again they are not the same team they were tonight is another proof of that.... we changed how we played and now we are simply a better overall team even better then last year...> I know we had an easy schedule i looked at it and said we HAD to have 20 of possible 26 points well we got 22 of the 24 so far i actually THOUGHT to myself we could go on run with momentum and get all 26 lol......

yes gets harder but again this team is not what it was:) good in all areas even getting to be GREAT honestly..... again like last year but better defensively on pk also..... Would like one addition to team another maroon type for playoffs at this time other wise would leave them alone....

P.S. My prediction?? we win the east meaning we are sitting 5 points back of washington right now if you count the game in hand as a win..... we moved primarily from out of playoffs to 3rd overall in east in 1 month.....

was nice to do a comeback, earlier this year we woulda had no shot at something like this down 2-0 down 3-2 with minute left etc... well onto the next be nice to win the next two before break....

also mcc did a good game in lost to jersey but cooper showing doesnt understand if you got a goalie that has 2 str8 shutouts i dont care if is back to back that man PLAYS that game lol

doubt woulda been any different honestly but you dont sit down the hot goalie or a hott shooter etc..

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If Gourde was in the top 6 I would agree. You have to put players in a position to succeed if you want them to do well. I think Cooper just doesn’t care how many points Gourde puts up since he can still be a useful player in the bottom six.

Which has nothing to do with his inability to finish, he's had great chances in bottom 6 that he can't put away. You can't be making 5m+ and be missing chances like that.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
HATER yep secondd prediction of 2019-2020 or first of 2020 (first was shatty for 50 points seems a lock:)

NOW this team is learning how to win again they are not the same team they were tonight is another proof of that.... we changed how we played and now we are simply a better overall team even better then last year...> I know we had an easy schedule i looked at it and said we HAD to have 20 of possible 26 points well we got 22 of the 24 so far i actually THOUGHT to myself we could go on run with momentum and get all 26 lol......

yes gets harder but again this team is not what it was:) good in all areas even getting to be GREAT honestly..... again like last year but better defensively on pk also..... Would like one addition to team another maroon type for playoffs at this time other wise would leave them alone....

P.S. My prediction?? we win the east meaning we are sitting 5 points back of washington right now if you count the game in hand as a win..... we moved primarily from out of playoffs to 3rd overall in east in 1 month.....

was nice to do a comeback, earlier this year we woulda had no shot at something like this down 2-0 down 3-2 with minute left etc... well onto the next be nice to win the next two before break....

also mcc did a good game in lost to jersey but cooper showing doesnt understand if you got a goalie that has 2 str8 shutouts i dont care if is back to back that man PLAYS that game lol

doubt woulda been any different honestly but you dont sit down the hot goalie or a hott shooter etc..

He's not wrong, any criticism about this team vs playoff teams is fair game after last year and Shatenkirk is on pace for 48 points which is hardly a "lock" so.....

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Which has nothing to do with his inability to finish, he's had great chances in bottom 6 that he can't put away. You can't be making 5m+ and be missing chances like that.
He's acting like Gourde is doing fine because he's not playing in the top six. He's been on a 16 point pace for the last 25 games, that's the production you'd expect from Paquette or Maroon. We put Killorn down the lineup as well and guess what, he's still the hottest goal scorer in the team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We have had a particularly top-heavy schedule so far (2 games against St. Louis already, 3 against the Caps, for instance) - but yeah, this has to be concerning. On the plus side, we've done well against the Atlantic teams we are most likely to face in the first two rounds.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I knew we had a easy Schedule lately

I wouldnt call it easy. They played quite a few games in a short amount of time. Although Id rather play bad teams in a short amount of time than good teams in a stretched out amount of time. Like it was earlier this season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He's not wrong, any criticism about this team vs playoff teams is fair game after last year and Shatenkirk is on pace for 48 points which is hardly a "lock" so.....

you sir win the double hater ward :)

ive been personally ok with gourde would i like a bigger tougher version sure.....

never been a gourde fan myself. yet i feel he has played ok myself....if was higher up id expect more.... hes a tough little guy though so i like that he needs to AGAIN simplify his game and drive the net he seems to have forgotten that while working hitting boards play that would be concerning if not correctable but we've seen the guy go on streaks in past when he simplifies his game and drives the net constantly SO THIS IS ON COOPER and staff of getting him back on track....

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I'm not hating. Been loving this run. Just keeping my expectations a little tempered and letting everyone know that this team has its work cut out for it in a few weeks.

The good thing is Boston's schedule is slightly more brutal down the stretch than ours is.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm not hating. Been loving this run. Just keeping my expectations a little tempered and letting everyone know that this team has its work cut out for it in a few weeks.

The good thing is Boston's schedule is slightly more brutal down the stretch than ours is.

with Rask hurt you think Boston might slow down a little ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

I looked over full season the schedule after the crap show in october and I KNEW this was easiest part where we could streak if we continued to suck which we had.... My thing was getting the 20-26 put us in very stable playoff position so basically after that we need to play a couple games over 500 to get in.... for me that worked out...

why not so tempered we dont need to keep winning like this we simply

have to keep winning like did up to this point which team is better now so shouldnt be an issue unless something really bad happens ie injuries to guys we cannot lose etc....

vasy found his game a bit ... pointer back on track killer playing like playoff killer all season hedman ppg status amazing etc.. sergachev is ONLY going to score at a higher rate moving forward kid is beasting actually will go there sergachev of ALL the things ive ever had wrong IM WRONG on him he has already passed hedman time wise in ability AMAZING sick amazing we won a lottery ticket there :)

we are totally getting people at the net more often that is one of biggest changes if we add another bruising forward a head down guy that can put pucks in and control pucks even if slow we will be set as long as stay healthy imho

we will win cup this year i feel this..... this team is learning how to actually win.... maybe all the winning we did for years they started to take things for granted last years team obviously did was so easy for them etc...

this team has had a lot more adversity :) i like our chances now

p.s. even with healthy rask i think we take our conference or division get those two mixed up we pass toronto and boston so win our league:) probably wont catch washington and maybe not even pittsburgh is what it is:)

got a chance honestly to do both on paper we have the team to do both but also i wouldnt push us too hard this time around..... winning every game aint best......

if you look over winning streaks in nhl per season biggest ones? a lot of times that team did not take the cup its all about being at best and healthy for those 16 wins nothing really to do with the 82 games besides getting a spot :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad