GDT: 1/13/15: Red Wings (22-11-9) at Sabres (14-26-3) TV: SN1, FS-D, MSG-B - 7:00 PM ET

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He was even hotter garbage tonight.

I wonder if his injury is lingering? He looked great playing top pairing minutes prior to the injury. Then again tyson Strachan looked good playing top pairing minutes for a few games so i don't know what to believe.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Jhonas Enroth missed a glorious opportunity.

Imagine if he got "sick" right before the game, and the Sabres had to dress an emergency goaltender. :D

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I wonder if his injury is lingering? He looked great playing top pairing minutes prior to the injury. Then again tyson Strachan looked good playing top pairing minutes for a few games so i don't know what to believe.

I wondered if something was up because he kept falling down for no reason.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I defended the play in question because he played it correctly. Blind squirrel and all that.

The blind squirrel theory, I'll buy that. I can spin it to say Mez sorta locked up, but coincidentally in a position where he was taking the passing lane. Because 41/61 are my favorite whipping boys this year.

Immediately turned around to look for the puck after the shot instead of tying up a stick or something, that's why he got trucked. If it had gone off the post and was lying there, he still have probably gotten trucked before being able to make a play. That might be coaching, might be just Mez Mezzing, I don't really know or care. He'll be long gone by the time the Sabres are on the ascend, he's serving a purpose here this year, and in 10 years we'll talk about him like we talk about An y elmore today :)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Did RJ just say "this Sabres penalty kill is brought to you by NAPA"?

That's epically Freudian if I heard that right.

Bps21*

What happens if a goal is scored on a penalty call that's going to be 4 minutes? Do They just give him 2 after counting the goal?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Matt Moulson is more effectively defensively than he is offensively this year. Let that sink in.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Good to see Girgs back out there it looked like his jaw took the force of the check by Datsyuk and I thought for sure he was done.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
What happens if a goal is scored on a penalty call that's going to be 4 minutes? Do They just give him 2 after counting the goal?

Already answered but yes. A double minor is basically two consecutive minors, so it works the same way as any other two consecutive or overlapping minors a team has. That's why a major penalty is more than simply one minute's worth of PP more valuable than a double minor. You can score in the first minute of a major and there's still 4 minutes left.

Bit of a tangent but I would like to see a lot more double minors and multiple penalty calls in this league. It's pretty common to see two or more infractions on a play that lead to a penalty call but refs tend to just single one out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad