GDT: 1/12/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We've got LA, Minnesota, and Winnipeg as the final 3 western teams before the break. LA has as many wins as NJ does now and Minnesota and Winnipeg are currently out of the playoff picture as well. It'd be great to finish these 3 off and head into the break with another win streak.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We've got LA, Minnesota, and Winnipeg as the final 3 western teams before the break. LA has as many wins as NJ does now and Minnesota and Winnipeg are currently out of the playoff picture as well. It'd be great to finish these 3 off and head into the break with another win streak.
Lets do it.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Leafs lose and the Panthers are just about to catch them in the standings now

Leafs: 24 - 16 - 6

Panthers: 24 - 16 - 5

edit: also if Dom doesn’t celebrate this one hard, I’ll actually be pretty disappointed

Last edited:

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
Well here is how they lost the game. Look at minutes played by Stamkos, Kuch, Point, and they did not produce anything tonight. Cooper has NO clue when it comes to close games he just can't stand not giving minutes to those guys even when they are not playing good. He gives Tyler Johnson 12 minutes and that includes power play time and he scores the only goal. I know there are you people who think I'm crazy about playing time but you have to really look at what's going on with the Lightning. I believe in the talent on the lightning but do not TRUST Cooper as a coach.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I know we lost, but didnt know where else to post this.. considering I just picked up a ........wait for it......

new.....jersey.

RwB5BLC.jpg

I am a bit limited for stock via international means and this was the only one I could get with what I wanted on it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah I read the interview in the Atlantic. I get why he feels like he feels, but I do think (based on what was in the article) that JBB explained the reasoning to him - he just felt a bit taken advantage of.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Happy for Dom and that we won 10 games in a row but that was a pretty lackluster effort last night.
So the Devils got like 19 shots? I don't even think it was gassed (although might have played a part), but sometimes you just miss the net and hit the post a bit. Our PP has looked like poop the past few games which didn't help, but otherwise - eh, sometimes you lose a game where you play well enough to win. That's hockey.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
So the Devils got like 19 shots? I don't even think it was gassed (although might have played a part), but sometimes you just miss the net and hit the post a bit. Our PP has looked like poop the past few games which didn't help, but otherwise - eh, sometimes you lose a game where you play well enough to win. That's hockey.
10 game winning streaks have a way of taking the sting out of a loss too...

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Was definitely a winnable game and I think thats why I was a little upset with the outcome and effort. Just think a little more would have been enough but I get it. We didnt hit the opportunities and we did have a busy schedule leading up. Onto the next one..

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
10 game winning streaks have a way of taking the sting out of a loss too...
There's also losses and losses. Being in a playoff spot takes some of the outcome-oriented drama in looking at games. Chasing a spot? Gotta win. Securely in a spot? On to the next one.

We haven't given up over 30 shots in a game since the Habs game on the second (six straight). Over the past 11 games, we have given up over 30 twice (both to the Habs), exactly 30 once (to the Cats where the blowout was on early), and below 30 in the 8 other games, and twice allowing exactly 20. I mean - not a lot to complain about when the opposing teams are getting below 30 shots a night and the goaltenders aren't playing like trash.

Scoring goes dry sometimes, but if we keep teams to less than 30 shots on the regular, and don't give up a lot of odd man chances, we're going to win more than we lose. It's a good recipe for success.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Yeah I read the interview in the Atlantic. I get why he feels like he feels, but I do think (based on what was in the article) that JBB explained the reasoning to him - he just felt a bit taken advantage of.
I honestly was surprised and think they should have just stuck with domingue. I don’t get the need to get Mac, he has not really impressed me.

Reactions: ultra63

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah. Seems to me between McE and Domingue is about a wash at best. I'd have kept Domingue myself. But I guess I dont manage a professional hockey team.
I'd trust McE a lot more than Domingue if Vasi went down. Dom's stint with us gets ridiculously overrated. But I guess he gets more good guy points than McE for being a jokester in the locker room.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I'd trust McE a lot more than Domingue if Vasi went down. Dom's stint with us gets ridiculously overrated. But I guess he gets more good guy points than McE for being a jokester in the locker room.
Yeah, I tend to trust our guys when it comes to talent. It's not a mistake that most of our sickly talented roster is home-grown. If our boys upstairs think that McE is better than Domingue... I believe them. Plus... even with the small sample size I've had this year, I would say McE has played better than Domingue did last year. Our boys just didn't play as well in front of him to start the season.

Sure, it's easy to complain about the move and say it doesn't make sense but, the truth is, if Domingue were better than McE... then we would NOT have signed McE. You can bank on that. Management clearly thought he was an upgrade and they've been right about talent much more than they've been wrong.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I honestly was surprised and think they should have just stuck with domingue. I don’t get the need to get Mac, he has not really impressed me.

Yeah. Seems to me between McE and Domingue is about a wash at best. I'd have kept Domingue myself. But I guess I dont manage a professional hockey team.
Are you kidding me? Domingue is a liability in net. Look at his numbers, look at last years games. We had to score at least 5 every game Domingue played because otherwise we would have lost. T
The guy gets 2 lucky breaks this weekend and suddently we forget what his usual performance is?

And JBB's reasoning of getting McE, who has another year on the contract, over Domingue has no flaws. It was the right move, it is the right move. In the last couple of outings McBackup was sometimes shaky, but the first 3 L he took this season were all on the team hnging him out to dry, not on him.

McBackup >> Domingue and it shouldn't even be in discussion

Domingue should know this is a business and if you don't have some kind of clause on your contract, your faith is up in your GM's hands. And the plans for a team can change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad