GDT: 1/11/15 - Wild @ Blackhawks - 7PM CST, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Roenick seems like a good guy, and was a great player but he doesn't know **** about the Wild. Take away his teleprompter and there's no chance he can name 10 Wild players.

Roenick knows hockey,he can see when a team comes into a game unprepared or when a team has numerous positional defensive breakdowns and he knows that these are often beause of ineffective coaching.

Billy Mays Here*

lol I feel for you guys. Go to the second round of the playoffs, and then go and add a supposed top line RW. Everyone has high hopes for a deep playoff run and then BOOM, the whole team underachieves. Sounds just like us last year, except your owner actually spends.

Here's hoping you guys start turning it around.

Appreciate the kind words.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
You don't follow hockey much do you? LOL, "knee jerk" reaction? You just start watching the wild this year? I have been a season ticket holder going back to the North Stars and I am struggling to find a worse combo...do a little bit of homework and check the facts...as for the rest of your post, not worth responding to.

1. Nice personal attack to start off
2. I don't care how long you paid money to watch a sport, it doesn't mean you are correct
3. It is a knee jerk reaction when we were nearly in the conference finals last year (apart from bad puck luck, **** you stanchions!)
4. Also, dumping Kuemper for nothing is a knee jerk action lol. We've seen what we he can do. He's young and has consistency issues... welcome to every NHL goalie. Yeah it sucks he's not able to put back in the minors, but that doesn't mean you just give away an asset on a... KNEE JERK REACTION

And I'm new to the sport because I realize the national media doesn't give a **** about us. They were praising Ryan "thirty minutes a night" Suter for his play recently when even he knows he's been bad.

Oh, here's his picture too

8473932.jpg

Gotta love that stern but fair face. Glad he's our D leader night in and night out.

DOn't forget the amazing play by the finns Me Koo Koivu and Michael Gronlund

Billy Mays Here*

1. Nice personal attack to start off
2. I don't care how long you paid money to watch a sport, it doesn't mean you are correct
3. It is a knee jerk reaction when we were nearly in the conference finals last year (apart from bad puck luck, **** you stanchions!)
4. Also, dumping Kuemper for nothing is a knee jerk action lol. We've seen what we he can do. He's young and has consistency issues... welcome to every NHL goalie. Yeah it sucks he's not able to put back in the minors, but that doesn't mean you just give away an asset on a... KNEE JERK REACTION

And I'm new to the sport because I realize the national media doesn't give a **** about us. They were praising Ryan "thirty minutes a night" Suter for his play recently when even he knows he's been bad.

Oh, here's his picture too

8473932.jpg

Gotta love that stern but fair face. Glad he's our D leader night in and night out.

DOn't forget the amazing play by the finns Me Koo Koivu and Michael Gronlund

Is that Darroll Powe?

J22*

Roenick knows hockey,he can see when a team comes into a game unprepared or when a team has numerous positional defensive breakdowns and he knows that these are often beause of ineffective coaching.

That has to be a joke right? Not backchecking shows that a team wasn't prepared properly by the coaches? Losing a physical battle in front of your net is a coaching issue?

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
That has to be a joke right? Not backchecking shows that a team wasn't prepared properly by the coaches? Losing a physical battle in front of your net is a coaching issue?

Obviously the players are not performing well,but with the amount of talent on the team it dfoes not tell the whole story.The way the team comes out to play is absolutely part of the coaches job and this team has often come out flat and looking unprepared.The preperation is done in practice.Work on positional play is done in practice (including backchecking) and the coach is in charge of practices.Setting the lineup is mostly on the coach and burning both Kuempers and Haulas waiver eligibility was a huge mistake.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Let's try to tone down the attitude towards others, guys.

We're all frustrated as hell, and going after our fellow HFWild brethren won't make anything better.

J22*

Obviously the players are not performing well,but with the amount of talent on the team it dfoes not tell the whole story.The way the team comes out to play is absolutely part of the coaches job and this team has often come out flat and looking unprepared.The preperation is done in practice.Work on positional play is done in practice (including backchecking) and the coach is in charge of practices.Setting the lineup is mostly on the coach and burning both Kuempers and Haulas waiver eligibility was a huge mistake.

I am not saying that coaching isn't an issue as to why they are playing like they are, because I have no clue why they are playing like they are. What I am saying is that nobody could watch tonights game and come away KNOWING that coaching is the issue. Backchecking is not now nor will it ever be a coaching issue. Backchecking is not something that needs to be worked on in practice.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
NBC as an organization sucks. IMO they have teams they want to be in the playoffs and probably have the NHL's ear since they pay most of the bills. It unfortunately is all about money, and our favorite team won't make them the most money. They don't care about the game at all, just money.

Possibly the dark power I mentioned earlier. In the back of my head I'm not sold that players just drop off the face of the Earth in terms of skills like this season. I really hope something like this isn't the case, but again follow the money.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am not saying that coaching isn't an issue as to why they are playing like they are, because I have no clue why they are playing like they are. What I am saying is that nobody could watch tonights game and come away KNOWING that coaching is the issue. Backchecking is not now nor will it ever be a coaching issue. Backchecking is not something that needs to be worked on in practice.

I see you're coming from and I respect it but it is the coach's job to keep each individual accountable for not doing something like back checking. Like Pommer's turnover and walk back to the defensive zone on Chi's first goal. He got rewarded by #1 PP minutes and stuff like that has happened all season.

I agree teaching back checking in the NHL is outrageous but there has to be some accountability for all the players.

Billy Mays Here*

*Goes to Russo's article on the game*

*Scrolls down to the comments section*

*Grabs popcorn*

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
NBC as an organization sucks. IMO they have teams they want to be in the playoffs and probably have the NHL's ear since they pay most of the bills. It unfortunately is all about money, and our favorite team won't make them the most money. They don't care about the game at all, just money.

Possibly the dark power I mentioned earlier. In the back of my head I'm not sold that players just drop off the face of the Earth in terms of skills like this season. I really hope something like this isn't the case, but again follow the money.

Now we suck because NBC wants us to?

:teach2:

Antsman41

Quack, Quack, Quack!
Aug 12, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
NBC is dumb all around; they under appreciate their only good shows (Community/Parks & Rec) and totally screwed over their Thursday Night Lineup.

Plus, they keep Pierre McGuire employed.

We suck because we suck; coaching, medical team, goalie situation, top line center ghost, weak wings, no forecheck, terrible angles on shots, no back check, rough defense, so/so PP, and expensive beer...

but we got bigger screens in the arena, lol.

J22*

I see you're coming from and I respect it but it is the coach's job to keep each individual accountable for not doing something like back checking. Like Pommer's turnover and walk back to the defensive zone on Chi's first goal. He got rewarded by #1 PP minutes and stuff like that has happened all season.

I agree teaching back checking in the NHL is outrageous but there has to be some accountability for all the players.

I agree with that, but what do you do when pretty much your entire roster is playing like garbage? To use your Pominville example- who do put in his place? Spurgeon? What has he done in the last month?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Now we suck because NBC wants us to?

:teach2:

If you're the CEO of NBC your responsibility is to the shareholders. You want to make the most money possible. NBC makes money by selling advertising. The higher the ratings of the programs on their network the more they will charge these advertisers. The New York, and Cali teams get higher ratings than the teams in flyover country.

In short big markets = big money.

I hope something like this is not the case, but when a team forgets to play hockey like this group has it makes you think. At least it should plant some seeds of doubt.

Antsman41

Quack, Quack, Quack!
Aug 12, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
""To quote Chuck Fletcher, it’s not a “coaching thing.”

The answers are in the locker room, the general manager says, and players need to get out of the mindset of waiting for help from the outside.""

So, aren't the coaches part of the locker room or has my whole life of sports been full web of lies?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I agree with that, but what do you do when pretty much your entire roster is playing like garbage? To use your Pominville example- who do put in his place? Spurgeon? What has he done in the last month?

Actually yes, Spurgeon! :handclap:

Your point about the whole team garbage is spot on... I guess I was just making a general statement. Not saying it would fix the team

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If you're the CEO of NBC your responsibility is to the shareholders. You want to make the most money possible. NBC makes money by selling advertising. The higher the ratings of the programs on their network the more they will charge these advertisers. The New York, and Cali teams get higher ratings than the teams in flyover country.

In short big markets = big money.

I hope something like this is not the case, but when a team forgets to play hockey like this group has it makes you think. At least it should plant some seeds of doubt.
Seeds of doubt about what? I legitimately don't know what you're trying to hint at here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad