GDT: 1/11/14 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Tompa8989*

Filppula should, imo, be considered borderline star. The guy has been the perfect replacement for Vinny. In fact, I'd call him a better 2nd Line Center than Vinny really. He's much more responsible defensively than Vinny ever was and he's producing offensively as well. It's not as flashy or creative as Vinny, but it works. Killorn / Flip / Purcell has really stepped up well and makes it really hard for teams to focus solely on shutting down our Two Undrafted and one 7th Rounder Top Line.

Not to be forgotten is the effect Kucherov has had on the 3rd line. There aren't too many 3rd lines who can boast that kind of skill. He's seriously world class and anyone here could argue that he could replace any of the top line wingers. He's that good. He and JT Brown are remarkable together and absolutely eat up the left over forwards and D pairs that get trotted out against them. The team is offensively deep. 5man unit on D with fantastic goaltending(from Bishop, not from Lindbackup). They've all bought in to what Cooper is selling. This is a testament to him and the vets on the team, because the rookies have mostly played for him longer than these vets.

Can't wait for Stamkos, Drouin and Namestnikov...not to mention a confident Connolly used correctly.

Only player im niot familiar with is this Kucherov dude. Where did he come from? How would you describe him as a player going forth?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov? Dude is going to be a star. World class shot, great speed, great hands. He's small, but somehow he's still coming away from the boards with the puck. Great hockey IQ and great hustle too. Really psyched by this kid.

Tompa8989*

Kucherov? Dude is going to be a star. World class shot, great speed, great hands. He's small, but somehow he's still coming away from the boards with the puck. Great hockey IQ and great hustle too. Really psyched by this kid.

Cool:) Even though im not a Lightning-fan i really hope this kid becomes what you see in him. Every franchise that takes good care about their prospects deserves success.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Really glad we got the win but hopefully it's not at the cost of Salo (or Hedman for that matter). Our upcoming schedule over the next 10 days isn't overly difficult, so rest whoever is hurt a coupla games...

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Hedman says no ill effects from Hartnell hit. But Salo seen on crutches.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 11, 2014

thats very bad news about salo

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hedman says no ill effects from Hartnell hit. But Salo seen on crutches.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 11, 2014

thats very bad news about salo

Not necessarily. If his foot is in some pain he may have wanted crutches. Doesn't mean that it's something really bad. Of course, it COULD mean that but let's hope not.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I am surprised the Philly commentators and fans didn't accuse Hedman of head butting Harnell's shoulder, and Johnson breaking a stick with his forearm.

Tompa8989*

I am surprised the Philly commentators and fans didn't accuse Hedman of head butting Harnell's shoulder, and Johnson breaking a stick with his forearm.

Not until Jack Edwards changes from Boston to Philadelphia :nod:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Kucherov looks to have more upside than I ever imagined for him, he has the it factor and every time he's on the ice I get pumped. It's awesome watching him.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Kucherov looks to have more upside than I ever imagined for him, he has the it factor and every time he's on the ice I get pumped. It's awesome watching him.

He'd probably have at least 5 to 8 more goals if he had a decent ratio in 1v1 breakaways. He hasnt sunk any of them...but the light bulb light up and he showed improvement in this game. I don't know if anyone noticed but he FINALLY went top shelf on his breakaway. He missed badly ... but that is the right idea - roof top it against the NHL goalies that take everything underneath out. If he can do this consistently...he'll be a huge scorer just needs a bit more work.

I'm more impressed with his hockey IQ - he seems to be ahead of the play, much a trait that Drouin also posseses, sees the ice in "slow" mode. And he has some of the softest hands I've ever seen. They can shoot a rocket to his blade...and no matter how hard it arrives the puck will just gently play off his blade every time. Awesome for sure.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa

Stammer- Drouin - Kucherov would have awesome firepower, and at least 2 of those have shown good defensive responsibility (no data for Droiun).

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
LOL. The Flyers board said that the Flyers had "softened " up the Bolts to the advantage of their next opponent. It looks like the Bolts "softened " up the Flyers for the Rangers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad