GDT: 1/10/2015 - Preds @ Wild - 1PM CST / 9PM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah, he speared him. You are blind if you can't see that.

Looks like he swiped him not necessarily speared him. The problem was when the cross checked each other and Cooke's stick hit Weber's mouth. Then Weber went berserk.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
For those saying we've got to do something, can anyone explain to me what that "something" is? Because honestly the only thing that seems logical at this point is to ride the season out then regroup over the summer, instead of making desperate moves that could screw up the teams future.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
For those saying we've got to do something, can anyone explain to me what that "something" is? Because honestly the only thing that seems logical at this point is to ride the season out then regroup over the summer, instead of making desperate moves that could screw up the teams future.

Trade for a 3rd pairing defenseman for next to nothing, and potentially trade for Ward if we can unload Backstrom. Doesn't seem likely that he would waive whatever clause he has to go there though.

That's it. I don't think it's worth it to do anything else either. Please no more 'two 2nds for Moulson' type deal this year.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013

They should have brought in a goalie or Dman already, it was a known weakness at the beginning of the season, but we are past the point of doing anything now, as much as I hate to say it, just ride out the season with this group and hope for a good pick and come back reloaded for next year with a shiny new pick, a new goalie, and a defensive upgrade.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not saying we should necessarily do something. What I do think though is that the owner and gm aren't going to want to stand pat. It's easy to say let's hope for a good draft pick, but they have a reputation to maintain. They have to look like they are trying to improve and not get booed out of the building every night. And they have to show that to guys like Parise who you can bet still cares about winning. I'm looking at this from their perspective.

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
If we lose tomorrow Yeo is out.

I'm calling it now.

Can't see that happening. CF has one last coaching change before he gets ****-canned so he'll likely wait until the offseason when he has a better pick of the crop. Having an interim wouldn't improve anything and they'd sill be paying Yeo's wages.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Can't see that happening. CF has one last coaching change before he gets ****-canned so he'll likely wait until the offseason when he has a better pick of the crop. Having an interim wouldn't improve anything and they'd sill be paying Yeo's wages.

I actually think GMCF has done enough to be safe, for now anyway. He'll have to go with a vet this time though. I don't think firing Yeo would make that much difference, but the Wild need to get a jump on the other teams IMO to hire the best coach possible. They can't make the playoffs so what the hell?

J22*

I actually think GMCF has done enough to be safe, for now anyway. He'll have to go with a vet this time though. I don't think firing Yeo would make that much difference, but the Wild need to get a jump on the other teams IMO to hire the best coach possible. They can't make the playoffs so what the hell?

The best coach possible is most likely still wroking for an NHL team at this time. There's nobody currently available that would be an upgrade.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Would be a 3rd straight rookie head coach. Wouldn't bother. But isn't Walz responsible for helping Stamkos grow into a professional? I've heard he gives Walz tons of credit for that. I wouldn't take a shot on another rookie coach though.

I just meant as an interim, but he IMO would be a good coach at some level.

Billy Mays Here*

The best coach possible is most likely still wroking for an NHL team at this time. There's nobody currently available that would be an upgrade.

What about these two guys? Hire the coach and give the second coach season tickets behind the bench for the awesomeness.

maxresdefault.jpg

J22*

What about these two guys? Hire the coach and give the second coach season tickets behind the bench for the awesomeness.

maxresdefault.jpg

Funny you mention MacLean, He gets Vezina caliber goaltending from Anderson in the lockout year and wins the Jack Adams award, the goaltending returns to normal and he's fired a year and a half later.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I actually think GMCF has done enough to be safe, for now anyway.

If GMCF fires Yeo after an extension, he isn't safe and he shouldn't be. He has done very little to improve the roster outside of luring a few players that wanted to come back home to the team. Oh and probably Carter. Most of his big FA signings have been busts, the majority of his first round picks have been disappointments and his trades have been mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad